Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The two important facts are:

1. Herrera wants to become a Manchester United player.
    2. Manchester United want Herrera to become a Manchester United player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Reading online that the only issue remaining is what shirt number he will wear. Following it here http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-manchester-united-close-signing-7328035

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Manchester United fans were pleased today as Ed Woodward released a statement informing them that "it was too much hassle to get the player we really wanted, so we decided to look for easier targets instead." Fans of United are notorious for their appreciation of laziness, epitomized by club legend Dimitar Berbatov.

When asked what were the main stumbling blocks in completing the deal, Woodward replied "There was a smell of effort off it. It's summer time, I've better things to be doing. If someone wants to sell us a player they should send us a fax or something."

That did make me laugh, good work.:D

More believable than some of the sh1t going around too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Reading online that the only issue remaining is what shirt number he will wear. Following it here http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-manchester-united-close-signing-7328035

They also say Quinton Fortune played for Athletic. If the don't know the difference between Bilbao and Madrid...........

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

From the Bohemian FC facebook
    Manchester United have sent this inscribed token of their appreciation to Bohemians to acknowledge our supporters' efforts in cleaning the vandalism on the Liam Whelan Bridge in April.

Manchester United vice-chairman Ed Woodward thanked the Bohs fans sincerely for what he described as "this act of kindness and solidarity in football."

A Cabra man and Ireland international, Whelan was one of 21 people killed in the 1958 Munich Air Disaster as Manchester United made a refuelling stop en route home from a European Cup tie in Belgrade.

He is buried in Glasnevin Cemetery, while the railway bridge at Fassaugh Road in Cabra was renamed in his honour in 2006. Both are just a short walk from Dalymount Park.

Liam’s brother Christy is a long-time Bohs fan and is still a regular at Dalyer. Christy’s grandsons Donal and Cathal are also dedicated supporters of the club.

10477958_10154256871495702_1233660320855997602_n.jpg

Any chance of a few players on loan? ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

adox wrote: »
    I can easily understand people frustration. For whatever reason and who evers fault it is, the likes of City and Chelsea are getting deals done in no time, some only come to light when the deal is done, and here we are attempting to sign a player we tried to sign last summer, and which turned out to be one of the biggest embarrassments in the clubs history, and its having some hitches again after being reported widely as good as done a couple of days ago. The Shaw saga is still dragging on as well.

The perception is that Utd are still totally inept at getting deals done, just like last summer.

I`ll believe the Herrara deal is done when its official. I got suckered in a couple of days ago and I wont let it happen again.

Agree with this, when City or Chelsea want a player they just go away and get him. See Fabregas and Fernando, seamless transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 57s
    Mundo Deportivo have just published a story that reads "It's already been paid!" pointing towards Ander Herrera's buyout clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

They also say Quinton Fortune played for Athletic. If the don't know the difference between Bilbao and Madrid...........

Had a good chuckle at that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Can you imagine if we didn't have the world cup as a distraction how painfully frustrating this summer could have been. This perception of Man Utd's so-called transfer ineptitude is slowly solidifying. I woke up in great form and then....Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

My only concern in all this is that Herrera is not in the WC, thus free to be a relatively fast transfer. If it is taking this long dealing with this one, and the clubs bad record at multi-tasking when it comes to completing several transfers simultaneously then what is going to happen when the WC is over and the club are trying to sign the other signings needed and wanted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,370 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Any chance of a few players on loan? ;)
    Valencia, Young, Anderson and Fellaini were offered, but Bohs requested the glass instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

My only concern in all this is that Herrera is not in the WC, thus free to be a relatively fast transfer. If it is taking this long dealing with this one, and the clubs bad record at multi-tasking when it comes to completing several transfers simultaneously then what is going to happen when the WC is over and the club are trying to sign the other signings needed and wanted?

Just re-read my post, is that irony when I type a post about multi-tasking and because I am busy in work I make the post pretty damn complicated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

The main problem with the rejection is now that it could get more expensive for United.

The Player has to buy himself out. For that ManU will have to advance him the money, but according to the Spanish Tax system this money would be taxed. So ManU would probably have to give the player the Fee plus the tax etc. for him to be able to buy himself out.

Same scenario as with Bayern and Martinez. Bayern at that time involved the Spanish FA, who arranged for Bayern lodge the full amount with the Spanish FA, and only then would Bilbao accept the deal and release the player. Took several weeks for Bayern to sort it out to get around the tax implications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

How long??? Its been fairly quick so far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Agree with this, when City or Chelsea want a player they just go away and get him. See Fabregas and Fernando, seamless transfers.

They have more money to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pro. F wrote: »

They do but paid modest fees for both players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

DubDani wrote: »
    The main problem with the rejection is now that it could get more expensive for United.

The Player has to buy himself out. For that ManU will have to advance him the money, but according to the Spanish Tax system this money would be taxed. So ManU would probably have to give the player the Fee plus the tax etc. for him to be able to buy himself out.

Same scenario as with Bayern and Martinez. Bayern at that time involved the Spanish FA, who arranged for Bayern lodge the full amount with the Spanish FA, and only then would Bilbao accept the deal and release the player. Took several weeks for Bayern to sort it out to get around the tax implications.

But they knew all this from the Fcuk up last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I'm in no doubt that Herrera will be a Manchester United player next season but I'm just worried that this turns into a summer-long saga meaning Herrera gets no pre-season with us. This could ramp up the pressure on him as he may end up coming in cold to league games ala Fellaini. Also, I'm not sure how well Woodward will be able to juggle other transfer dealings if this keeps dragging on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'm in no doubt that Herrera will be a Manchester United player next season but I'm just worried that this turns into a summer-long saga meaning Herrera gets no pre-season with us. This could ramp up the pressure on him as he may end up coming in cold to league games ala Fellaini. Also, I'm not sure how well Woodward will be able to juggle other transfer dealings if this keeps dragging on.

Lads seriously the story only broke in the last couple of days, equating it to "summer long saga" is absolute nonsense. I'm not ITK but this deal will be concluded in the next week at most. Everything points to that outcome!

thelad95 wrote: »

If sources are correct then the paperwork has been lodged with the LFP so Utd don't need to do anything other than wait for them to sign off on it.

• Advertisement

They must be spending it on preparing their bid correctly then because they don't seem to be getting shafted by clauses and add ons.

Zico wrote: »
    They must be spending it on preparing their bid correctly then because they don't seem to be getting shafted by clauses and add ons.

No. They have purchased players whose clubs were willing to sell. We are trying to sign a player whose club doesn't want to sell. There is a huge difference.

adox wrote: »
    They do but paid modest fees for both players.

That's just two players though and doesn't represent the whole of their transfer dealings. I could have pointed out that City failed to sign RVP when they wanted him and Chelsea failed to sign Rooney, but that would be the same misrepresentation of the general pattern of their transfers.

It is true that they have less trouble signing players than United do. The reason is that they have more money to spend.

City and Chelsea do most definitely get shafted on transfer fees. They are both chronic over-payers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

You can't make a comparison between any two transfers. Contracts and contract law are extremely complex especially when your dealing cross border. Bilbao doesn't want to sell, Barca and Porto did. Apples and Oranges

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Patience is a virtue, patience...Herrera will be a United player.
    This is not 2013 repeating itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

FutbolEuropa24 ‏@FutbolEuropa24 5m
    Ander Herrera's proposed transfer to United is stalling because of a legal hold-up that will be resolved in coming hours. [Cadena ser] #MUFC

And apparently nothing to do with payment to Zaragoza..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Everyone needs to relax their breasts. Bilbao notorious for their transfer dealings. It'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

YES WE CAN!!!!

YES WE CAN!!!

YES WE CAN!!!

We will deliver this summer. Im telling you right now its going be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantatsic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mr_Red wrote: »
    But they knew all this from the Fcuk up last year

Yes and this is the process!

Its like you are being deliberately obtuse you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

City and Chelsea do most definitely get shafted on transfer fees. They are both chronic over-payers.

Kind of an exaggeration, don't think Chelsea have over-paid for a player since Torres.

United overtook Chelsea a few seasons ago too on wages, and were around level last season too. I'd say United are well above Chelsea now with 2 of the biggest earners Lampard and Cole gone and Terry's wages halved from 160k a week to 80k.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Kind of an exaggeration, don't think Chelsea have over-paid for a player since Torres.

Really? Willian was worth £32 million then? Schurrle £18m Moses £9m Hazard was £32million before you get near signing and agent fees

Even if that was to be true, how does that wipe out the years of overpaying?

Lukaku £20million and he was still a kid in Belgium! Will be a star but that is overpaying

(Also, since you bring wages in, don't you think Uniteds may have come down with Vidic gone, Ferdinand gone, Scholes gone, Giggs gone etc etc)

kryogen wrote: »

TheShawshankRedemptionMoment11.jpg

I hope your tunnel is nearly finished Andy.

What Kryo said.
    United overtook Chelsea a few seasons ago too on wages, and were around level last season too. I'd say United are well above Chelsea now with 2 of the biggest earners Lampard and Cole gone and Terry's wages halved from 160k a week to 80k.

Irrelevant.

• Advertisement

TheShawshankRedemptionMoment11.jpg

I hope your tunnel is nearly finished Andy.

Em
    kryogen wrote:

Really? Willian was worth £32 million then? Schurrle £18m Moses £9m Hazard was £32million before you get near signing and agent fees

Even if that was to be true, how does that wipe out the years of overpaying?

Lukaku £20million and he was still a kid in Belgium! Will be a star but that is overpaying

3 clubs including Liverpool and Spurs were willing to pay that for Willian. I think he'll turn out to be worth it. Hazard was a bargain, he's doubled in value if not more in 2 seasons. Schurrle has had an excellent breakthrough season, that fee would easily be recouped, if not more. Moses was a punt, in fairness we did overpay but we needed a homegrown player that season and Wigan knew it. Lukaku was the biggest prospect in Europe at the time, he'll go onto prove his worth our we'll make a hefty profit on him.

You pay a premium for top players, 95% of Chelsea's signing in the last 3 years have either gone on to prove themselves at the club or be sold for a profit. Doesn't sound like over-paying to me. Sounds like prudent transfers.

Can see that Memphis fella at OT by Spetember.

I reckon we will see a shaw devlopement sooner then later too.

Im not gone on the fee though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

YES WE CAN!!!!

YES WE CAN!!!

YES WE CAN!!!

We will deliver this summer. Im telling you right now its going be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantatsic

Every time you post lately im imagining this in my head

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Ummmmmm Ferdinand, vidic and giggs gone with more to follow, Chelsea have already signed Diego Costa And Fabregas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

3 clubs including Liverpool and Spurs were willing to pay that for Willian. I think he'll turn out to be worth it. Hazard was a bargain, he's doubled in value if not more in 2 seasons. Schurrle has had an excellent breakthrough season, that fee would easily be recouped, if not more. Moses was a punt, in fairness we did overpay but we needed a homegrown player that season and Wigan knew it. Lukaku was the biggest prospect in Europe at the time, he'll go onto prove his worth our we'll make a hefty profit on him.

Are you seriously saying that Hazard would sell for in excess of £64 million if sold now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

You're all sad

3 clubs including Liverpool and Spurs were willing to pay that for Willian. I think he'll turn out to be worth it.
    No they werent, and thats irrelevant.
    Hazard was a bargain, he's doubled in value if not more in 2 seasons.
    irrelevant
    Schurrle has had an excellent breakthrough season, that fee would easily be recouped, if not more.
    irrelevant
    Moses was a punt, in fairness we did overpay but we needed a homegrown player that season and Wigan knew it.
    yep.
    Lukaku was the biggest prospect in Europe at the time, he'll go onto prove his worth our we'll make a hefty profit on him.
    irrelevant.

I don't think you quite grasp what the term overpaying means judging by the above

Jaysus will you stop tagging stuff on to your post!

right, Chelsea transfer record since 2011/12 - Spent 87.8m recouped 24.6m
    2012/13 - Spent 92m recouped 20m
    2013/14 - Spent 109.66m recouped 56.6m

Genuinely think ye do ok profit and loss wise? Really?

Just checked the exact language

Ok, Meireles, bought for 12 sold for 8
    Lucas cost 5 million
    Romeu 4.5m
    Wallace 5million
    Ba 7.5 million
    Marin 6.5m
    Courtois 6million
    Van Ginkel 8 million
    Atsu 3.5million
    Salah 11million
    Then you have guys like Cuevas, Plascencia, Bamford who are all in and around 2 million a pop

Would you say they make up more then 5% of the transfers in the last 3 years?

You're all sad

im in great form baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes and this is the process!

Why didn't you mention this "process" yesterday when everyone was getting carried away thinking it was a done deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ummmmmm Ferdinand, vidic and giggs gone with more to follow, Chelsea have already signed Diego Costa And Fabregas

Its not complete IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Shane.C

The real question beckons, is he any good in Fifa 14 boii?

No they werent, and thats irrelevant. irrelevant irrelevant yep. irrelevant.

I don't think you quite grasp what the term overpaying means judging by the above

Spurs had the fee already agreed.

Welcome to the transfer market if you think like that, to get any top player you are going to have to "overpay". The market along with revenue for football clubs has inflated so much in recent years that these values have become the reality.

For the price of Herrera, you could have had Hazard.

Overpaid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

For the price of Herrera, you could have had Hazard.

Overpaid?

When you take wages and agent fees into account, that statement couldn't be further from the truth.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement