Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Does anybody want to break the news to him about Valencia...Be gentle with him

As gentle as a low drilled cross.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Does anybody want to break the news to him about Valencia...Be gentle with him

You've just gone and reminded me and ruined my day.... sad face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They'll call him misunderstood, say the world doesn't know Luis, that we're the ones who are wrong... until they sell him and turn around and say he was a liability and thanks but good riddance.

It was said on Newstalk that when Suarez was younger he headbutted a ref & it was covered up as he was so talented and they didn't want any sanctions to hamper his development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say feel sympathy for Liverpool. Easy to kinda knock the rivals.

But imagine it was RVP, who is a bit of a loose cannon although seems to have tightened it up since he arrived to us. But if he absolutely busted someone open in a big dirty brawl for Holland, I'm sure we wouldnt be happy if that ban effected his play for United.

I don't see why they could not have made the ban longer, for international duty.

I don't think this is a deterant to Barca and Real at all, it's actually an incentive. Suarez transfer fee just halved today with this news.

Liverpool keep him, they are again standing beside public enemy number one, tarnishing their reputation further and removing a lot of the neutral support they gained last season (appreciated this can be debated)

Sell him, and they will have to sell him for a cut price, your not getting full price for him.

Fire him, as their right, for breach of contract, and he walks to Real or Barca for free.

The likelyhood is Barcalona and Real Madrid's eyes just lit up. They can land arguably the best striker in the world, for probably half his price, and have him firing for them by January.

That is worth a punt.

Liverpool are not coming out winners anywhere. If I was a liverpool fan I'd want the club to sell him, and use the fee to land either the unsettled Cavani, or on the move Loic Remy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Isnt it only Uruguay that can appeal and Liverpool cant?

Anyway back on topic, lets hope Herrera deal is sorted soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Luis Suarez has now been banned for 34 games since 2010 without receiving a single red card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 50s
    Told Herrera will sign a four year contract at #MUFC with option of a 5th year

Strange that he wasn't told anything before the news of the deal initially broke....these guys are some spoofers

Feel sorry for Liverpool? Not a chance. make your bed and all...what do you expect?

adox wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Liverpool? Not a chance. make your bed and all...what do you expect?

Ah I have to say I do

RVP used to be a lose cannon. Could imagine him getting a big ban for nutting some lad senseless, and then us getting aggreived as to why the club should be punished for what he did on international duty.

And in this case its just more exasperated because he's being sought after by two bigger clubs, and this might play into thier hands, as opposed to a deterant like a lot of people think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

ericzeking wrote: »
    Strange that he wasn't told anything before the news of the deal initially broke....these guys are some spoofers

How about Sky sports then?

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 1m Ander Herrera has passed a medical and agreed terms with Manchester United – although a fee is yet to be agreed. http://bit.ly/1lSfly2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »

We should be like this.

H4gL8s8.gif

SYMPATHY FOR LIVERPOOL???

QKt8ffS.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

TheDoc wrote: »
    Ah I have to say I do

RVP used to be a lose cannon. Could imagine him getting a big ban for nutting some lad senseless, and then us getting aggreived as to why the club should be punished for what he did on international duty.

And in this case its just more exasperated because he's being sought after by two bigger clubs, and this might play into thier hands, as opposed to a deterant like a lot of people think.

I actually would feel sorry for them only he has enough of a record, even while playing for them, that they knew the risks. They were prepared to take this chance or they'd have cashed in last summer.

Anyway, we probably shouldn't be discussing this here. :eek: I suppose it very tenuously relates to United in that this ban is good for us in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Bilbao confirm that Herrera has paid his buy out clause.

http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=0&b=1&c=1&d=1000&berria=14335&idi=2
    The Football League has certified Athletic Club that player Ander Herrera Agüera has fulfilled the requirements of the applicable regulations valid for unilateral termination of the employment contract that bound him to our Club, by depositing today the amount of compensation established in the contract.

The Athletic Club thanks Ander Herrera for his dedication during the three seasons he has enjoyed the club and wishes him the best in his future sports project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

He's ours!!
    Athletic Club ‏@AthleticClub
    Herrera abona la cláusula de rescisión http://bit.ly/1o6Nryy #athletic
    In the afternoon, on June 26, 2014, the League of Professional Football Athletic Club has certified that the player Aguera Ander Herrera has fulfilled the requirements of the applicable regulations valid for unilateral termination of the employment contract that bound him our Club. Said certification indicates that the player has expressed its willingness to extinguish and unilaterally terminate the contractual relationship that bound him since last July 11, 2011 and has deposited the amount of compensation specified in the contract. Athletic Club thanks the Ander Herrera dedication during the three seasons he has been in the club and wishes him well in his future sports projects. Following the decision of the player, Josu Urrutia President has made an initial assessment by our institution "The Athletic should aim for players whose first choice is to defend the jersey for club In this regard, the decision of Ander Herrera is not aligned with that idea, which is a disappointment for us.". Urrutia also stressed the following "In his day, namely to start the 2011-12 campaign, the Athletic Club joined Ander Herrera of Real Zaragoza and today, with existing contract and counting in our sports project, has taken the two conditions already known to leave entity, ie, wanting to leave the club and pay the buyout clause in his contract collection. Not a good time, but not in any way alter our philosophy and our way of conceiving the line that should work the Club. We have a squad with great players competitive potential, and continue on with the same determination. " Over the next week, date and time specific, Josu Urrutia President will offer a press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

So is it true.......we have signed a decent midfielder*

*Fellaini can still prove himself.

ENGLISH, PLEASE.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    ENGLISH, PLEASE.

Forgive me for my sexy spanish lingo
    Athletic Club ‏@AthleticClub 2m
    Ander Herrera pays the buyout clause http://bit.ly/1mxjdFB #athletic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

How about Sky sports then?

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 1m Ander Herrera has passed a medical and agreed terms with Manchester United – although a fee is yet to be agreed. http://bit.ly/1lSfly2
    They're all spoofers. It just works out well for them from time to time when their spooficising actually comes true.

• Advertisement

Forgive me for my sexy spanish lingo

I'm not cultured, I've accepted it. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They're all spoofers. It just works out well for them from time to time when their spooficising actually comes true.

I rarely believe them, but this one was obviously happening. Too many people saying the same thing.

over-enthusiastic-kermit.gif

I've never even seen this guy play. But like, it's a midfielder...

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Yay a midfielder!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

It didn't even work out too well for them there. There was no need for a fee to be agreed. Herrera deposited the buy out money days ago, it was just a case of it going through.

• Advertisement

the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air.jpg

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Have to say feel sympathy for Liverpool. Easy to kinda knock the rivals.

But imagine it was RVP, who is a bit of a loose cannon although seems to have tightened it up since he arrived to us. But if he absolutely busted someone open in a big dirty brawl for Holland, I'm sure we wouldnt be happy if that ban effected his play for United.

I don't see why they could not have made the ban longer, for international duty.

I don't think this is a deterant to Barca and Real at all, it's actually an incentive. Suarez transfer fee just halved today with this news.

Liverpool keep him, they are again standing beside public enemy number one, tarnishing their reputation further and removing a lot of the neutral support they gained last season (appreciated this can be debated)

Sell him, and they will have to sell him for a cut price, your not getting full price for him.

Fire him, as their right, for breach of contract, and he walks to Real or Barca for free.

The likelyhood is Barcalona and Real Madrid's eyes just lit up. They can land arguably the best striker in the world, for probably half his price, and have him firing for them by January.

That is worth a punt.

Liverpool are not coming out winners anywhere. If I was a liverpool fan I'd want the club to sell him, and use the fee to land either the unsettled Cavani, or on the move Loic Remy.

I'm Sorry Doc but if RVP was continually biting players I wouldn't want him near Old Trafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

That's all it took last summer then, pay the amount for his contract?

Whats Messi's buy out then? :p

Blatter wrote: »
    It didn't even work out too well for them there. There was no need for a fee to be agreed. Herrera deposited the buy out money days ago, it was just a case of it going through.

You sure about that? If he only had his medical yesterday, I would expect the club didn't put up the money until after that.

Tom McDermott ‏@FootballMcD 1m

#mufc also close to completing a deal for Luke Shaw.

Two in one day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

xtal191 wrote: »
    Two in one day!!

One signing is like Christmas in here if we end up with two this week god.........

Anyway fook it its nice to see some positive news in here again!! :)

Two in one day!!

Not a hope. Who's this chancer anyway? United have been close to a Shaw deal for about 6 years now.

Two in one day!!

lX5hqlo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Seen on Eurosport Herrera is paying off his contract!

Seems as though it's deal back on, fingers crossed

Seen on Eurosport Herrera is paying off his contract!

Seems as though it's deal back on, fingers crossed

Slow connection?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm Sorry Doc but if RVP was continually biting players I wouldn't want him near Old Trafford.

yeah fair point, who am I kidding

UHGeulFt_400x400.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

We've signed a midfielder. An actual midfielder. Not a number 10. Not a converted defender/striker.

Tis a glorious day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Don't know if this has been posted but his Twitter accounts looks promising!

https://twitter.com/anderherrera8

Updated his twitter quickly

• Advertisement

Was holding this for Kroos, but I can't hold any longer

mind-blown-2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

statto25 wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been posted but his Twitter accounts looks promising!

Indeed. That does look promising :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Today

lvgfyjt4.gif

Updated his twitter quickly

I suspect his login was commandeered by some sort of social media agent at the club. His follower count is going to rise sharply in the coming hours.

There is literally a picture on the last page of him holding a jersey with Sir Bobby.

It's done, it's actually real

MY FEEELLLLLZZZZZ

I love him already like the child I'll never have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

UHGeulFt_400x400.jpeg

Surprised they have last seasons jersey and sponsor :confused:

I'm feeling really giddy about next season now though. With our opening run of fixtures anything is possible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

BrETV2rIYAAef5M.jpg

Thought i'd post it again anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Gentle reminder ladies and gentlemen about discussing Suarez in this thread from this mod warning yesterday:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90981620&postcount=2130
    Lads, Suarez and whatever he does is not on topic in the slightest, has nothing to do with Man United and, to be frank, the discussion will only derail the topic utterly.

I've already deleted three posts which didn't even vaguely try and link the incident to United, and I refuse to let yet another Liverpool debate break out in this topic.

There's a topic to discuss whats happening in the game. Use it, not this, to discuss Suarez if ye want.

Don't pick up stupid cards and bans for it.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

thelad95 wrote: »
    Surprised they have last seasons jersey and sponsor :confused:

new kits not out till next week/week after so they used the old one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement