Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Trying to embed this from my phone...

312329.jpeg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

..................DDG..............
    Raf...Smalling...Evans...Shaw
    ..........Ander......Carrick.......
    Mata.........Rooney........Januzaj
    ...................RVP...................

We have some of the same problems we had last season, little to no pace, Mata shunted out on the wing, and Rooney tasked at creating chances for others

I think the need for fast legs can be overstated, the ball needs to move at pace with players working well together. That can be achieved with players like Mata.

Januzai's has more pace than people credit him with. So I am expecting a lot more even with just what looks like two players added now van Gaal is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

After watching Nani during the World Cup I think it's time we cut the strings and listen to offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Lads trying to book LVG first game, any idea when the TV is announced, don't wanna go Saturday and moved to Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ElChe32 wrote: »
    After watching Nani during the World Cup I think it's time we cut the strings and listen to offers.

tuttosport saying we are trying to use him in a deal for Vidal. Yes, please.

Oh god yes x10000000000

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Januzai's has more pace than people credit him with. So I am expecting a lot more even with just what looks like two players added now van Gaal is there.

Januzaj hasn't got the pace to be a Robben type figure.

He reminds me a little of Norman Whiteside.

I like him but I think that he's overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

but1er wrote: »
    Lads trying to book LVG first game, any idea when the TV is announced, don't wanna go Saturday and moved to Sunday!

There's a very good chance that will be moved til the Sunday with all the new signings and LVG's first game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Seems like they have been after Nani for awhile hopefully their is something to it.

- We have a lot of money to spend

- We have a world class manager

- A blind man could see how weak we are in the midfield area

- Vidal is arguably the best all round midfielder in the world

We should not be shocked if we're in for Vidal...we SHOULD be in for Vidal!

Please God let this be true...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

There's a very good chance that will be moved til the Sunday with all the new signings and LVG's first game

Think I'll go package so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its was about time we showed the soccer world that we mean business :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

"Seamus Coleman signs five-year contract extension at Everton. #SSN"

Was hoping we'd sign him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

They've only finished top 4 the last 19 seasons but sure Liverpool are back in the big time now and that doesn't matter...

United finished in the top 4 for how many seasons in a row before this season? Doesn't guarantee top 4 the following season.

Arsenal have been just doing the bare minimum to get top 4 for the last two seasons.

Everton could have very easily got 4th if they held their nerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yeah I was reading in Sports Witness that Tuttosport the Turin based paper had been dismissive of Vidal leaving but have changed their tune.
    They claim Vidal's agent is holding what is described as a summit in Bello Horizonte with Manchester United and Real Madrid and who has the best offer.
    United offering Nani plus cash.
    I would pay them to take Young too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Fellaini playing well for belgium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

BrFivU6CIAEQRxG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

I expect things to quieten down for a wee bit, the remaining targets are probably still at the WC.

This summer could be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Agueroooo wrote: »
    The rumoured buy-out clause? that sits alongside the rumour he was at Utd yesterday.

best thing to do now is whoever posted, tweeted this crap then unfollow.
    turn and negative into a positive and all that jazz.

So both were wrong.

There is a buy out clause.. Fact.
    He was in Manchester since Tuesday, that's what Herrera said.

Best ting to do is check which twitter account you are following. Might not be right all the time but not all everyone spouts random BS on twitter ;)

Btw, what a fantastic day, like many said (especially spot witness twitter), deal was about to be done so Athletic just trolled everyone..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

So happy two quality signings that will make a huge difference to the team, and still more to come hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Straight swap? :)

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yeah I was reading in Sports Witness that Tuttosport the Turin based paper had been dismissive of Vidal leaving but have changed their tune.
    They claim Vidal's agent is holding what is described as a summit in Bello Horizonte with Manchester United and Real Madrid and who has the best offer.
    United offering Nani plus cash.
    I would pay them to take Young too...

£35m plus Nani?

Or £50m plus Nani and Young?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anybody watching the Belgium match?

They just scored there. Started by a great run from Fellaini. Granted he nearly ****ed it up after.

It was the Fellaini we didn't see last season.

He looks a different player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I LOVE ALL YOU FCUKERS!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rio Ferdinand ✔ @rioferdy5
    Follow
    Congratulations to @anderherrera8 on joining a great club. It's where dreams are made into reality if you work hard. You will @ManUtd

He really loves ManUtd, isn't it..

• Advertisement

They just scored there. Started by a great run from Fellaini. Granted he nearly ****ed it up after.

Hes doing great have to say in front of the back four

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So both were wrong.

There is a buy out clause.. Fact.
    He was in Manchester since Tuesday, that's what Herrera said.

Best ting to do is check which twitter account you are following. Might not be right all the time but not all everyone spouts random BS on twitter ;)

Btw, what a fantastic day, like many said (especially spot witness twitter), deal was about to be done so Athletic just trolled everyone..

I wouldn't say it was definitely trolling. It was probably a formality they told Utd they had to do at some point. Maybe Utd requested they hold off on reporting it on their website for as long as they could to keep things as quiet as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

bullvine wrote: »

They are only playing South Korea though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think Fellaini is playing average at best in this South Korea v Belgium game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

MagicIRL wrote: »

I agree. Poor opposition making him look better than he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

bullvine wrote: »

They are only playing South Korea though!

MagicIRL wrote: »

They are playing with 10 men though, I thought he was poor in first half but since defour went off hes done a good job of protecting the back 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Been impressed by Verthongen. He was fantastic two years ago but had a poor year i would be happy if we went for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

thought the pass in to him that he miscontrolled was the wrong pass, and a poor one. shouldn't have been going to him, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Because I'm going to see (half of) my favourite band tonight, a fitting song of there's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Herrera and Shaw? Am I still dreaming or is this the real world!!!! Wooooooo!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Luke Shaw trending on twitter in Ireland :) - hopefully tomorrow everything gets wrapped up and announced officially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Funny-gif-happy-clapping-computer.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Ed must be like this all day;

128.gif

But in all seriousness, great day for the club. After a poor year, both on and off the pitch, we needed a big Summer. Ed and Van Gaal are really delivering the goods so far.

Also a special mention to David Moyes, unfortunately it didn't work out for him as manager but I think he has certainly had a hand in bringing Herrea and Shaw (fingers crossed) to the club. Cheers Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

Sanchez and Vidal please Ed... You have got one hour! GO ED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Fairplay lads, nice to see something positive happening
    Do ye think ye're sorted yet or do ye still need the 5-6 signings in total that had been mooted a few weeks back?

By my calculations at the current rate we're buying players we'll have enough to field 30 teams next season.

**Disclaimer my calculations are the direct result of a few beers, giddiness of a schoolgirl and/or plucking numbers out of me arse**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

its a basketball gif but if I saw Vidal playing in a Utd shirt my reaction would be the same

basketball.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

So that begs the question, would people be happy if this was our only transfer activity?
    Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Do ye think ye're sorted yet

Hell no, we are still a long way from sorted.

Another midfielder remains an urgent priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Sorry to be a damp squib but I'd be very worried if the only signings of this summer were Shaw and Herrera. I reckon we could do with one more half decent midfielder, preferably another box-to-box type, a right winger, cover for right back and at least one center-back. We are seriously short at right back with just Rafael and Varela. I know Smalling played there at times last season but he's not a natural right-back.

Do ye think ye're sorted yet or do ye still need the 5-6 signings in total that had been mooted a few weeks back?

I'd still want another midfielder, centre defender and winger. I'm sceptical that Valencia or Young have anything to offer us beyond the rubbish they've performed the past while. Nani could come good but he's barely played for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Jaysus lads just fully caught up with everything, what a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

2-4 more signings needed definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Reports seem to suggest we're far from finished spending and I'd believe them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Are we giving Herrera 55k and Shaw 100k a week, that makes a whole lot of sense :pac:

I agree with the others, a centre back, another centre midfielder and an attacking player and we should be in great shape for next season, the best shape we've been in in a long time really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement