Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

We need a CM, CB and I still think we need a RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

a pacy winger be nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Nice day's work and we haven't started rolling out the big names yet :)

Definitely...there will be more... a Blind man could see that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This was what I wanted to see.

53ac53f86196a_herrera2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

at what age did rooneys hair start receding :pac:
    HIRE3Nr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

NTMK wrote: »

:eek:

M E N are reporting that Woodward is in daily contact with LVG and more signings are imminent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

NTMK wrote: »
    HIRE3Nr.jpg

Lampard looks like Manny out of Modern Family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hold on a minute

We are not even into July..we've two big signings...

IS THERE MORE?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

zerks wrote: »
    M E N are reporting that Woodward is in daily contact with LVG and more signings are imminent.

ya bbc sport almost made me erect with this
    #MUFC preparing to test Juventus' over Arturo Vidal, while @FinallyMario is not #AFC bound. http://bbc.in/1bH4dkf

but its just the gossip column if we sign :( i suppose 4 bits of good news in one day is a bit too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i love our fine club.......

vidal and ill take the pledge again :D

Herrera played 54 key passes last season, 11 more than Carrick,Cleverley and Fellaini combined.

Herrera played 54 key passes last season, 11 more than Carrick,Cleverley and Fellaini combined.

I'd have thought it would have been 54 more....

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'd have thought it would have been 54 more....

Carrick played a sum total of ZERO through balls in the whole of last season.

Carrick played a sum total of ZERO through balls in the whole of last season.

To be fair, Moyes was probably telling him to just lump it out to the wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Couldn't be more pumped for LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What a lovely surprise to get off the plane to!
    So it's Shaw on the way too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mars Bar wrote: »

Yep! can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wow!

United had a productive day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

Iv Been wondering though will the youth players actually get a proper chance this season James Wilson has alot of potential as does nick Powell but Is it enough for Van Gael to start them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dublinfan wrote: »
    Iv Been wondering though will the youth players actually get a proper chance this season James Wilson has alot of potential as does nick Powell but Is it enough for Van Gael to start them

I kind of think Chicarito's time at United is up. Wilson is a better future prospect than him and I'd have RVP, Rooney and Welbeck long before him. Could still get a decent fee for him especially with his marketing potential so this could be the Summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, I have been offline all day traveling to America. Did I miss anything? I would imagine it was a quiet enough day :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If today has shown us anything its that a lot of people put too much importance on rumour and tweets and articles.

No one knew about Ander Herrera till it was pretty much done even though we were after him 10 months ago.

Everyone in here was going mad at the reported 40 million for Shaw just cause a few places ran with that story. Looks like its 27 million rising to 31.

There will be a load more ups and downs before this window is over but just relax now and enjoy the good days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Looks like my thread delivered transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In fairness Howard Nurse was some bit up to date.

Ok, he did not mention names bit unless he got lucky he did predict activity and was right.

The only thing I have heard and I said it to few lads is that

1. Deals will be done
    2. LVG by all accounts,wants Depay on board.

Now time will tell on that.

Anyway its been great week hope it sets tone for rest of summer.

Back to being positive and giddu kew after this ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mars Bar wrote: »

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, I have been offline all day traveling to America. Did I miss anything? I would imagine it was a quiet enough day :pac:

Are you two having an affair??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Rio Q+A. On twiter regarding Pogba:

"@Kenty234: @rioferdy5 rio, what do you think of vidal? Midfield beast?"

Really like him, Pogba better value for money now though....

"@bugpowder9: @rioferdy5 @Kenty234 don't the want like 50 mil for pogba?"

in today's market, I'd fly over & headlock him to sign up!!

Rates Pogba quite high by the looks.
    Ah Fergie why !!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I don't think we need a skew of signings beyond these two like some are suggesting, but we could use one or two key one, namely a CM and CB. The great thing about not being in Europe is that we only have 38 league games and 1-6 FA Cup games to worry about (and league cup for some youngsters/fringe players I guess). We don't need a deep squad for that, and it is part of why I found the Valencia signing so peculiar.

If anything I would be looking for us to add 2 more pieces and the to shed a lot of dead weight and/or extra parts: Fellaini, Young, Anderson, Buttner, possibly Hernandez, Nani and Rooney if he tests LvGs balls :p . Smalling and Cleverley are also on absolute make or break seasons of kept. Sadly with his illness, Fletcher is on his last legs too and only really kept around this year because we don't need as much cover without Europe. Just my take on what to do with the squad.

Absolutely over the moon with yesterday's news though and how they impacts the squad. First in Shaw (assuming that is finalised ok... It's going to be one of those days checking sports websites every hour like an maniac), it is a brilliant signing and the money is not an issue for the same reason as De Gea. If this works out (and it is as safe a teenage purchase as we could have possibly made) it secures the position for 12-15 years and effectively works out at 2mn or so a season because of that. He is also a Man Utd style player in every aspect I have seen. And it also turns the Evra resigning from a complete disaster into a great idea. Unlike DDG, Shaw is not going to get launched into the limelight immediately, and instead can spend his first few months edging Evra out. That is hugely important since a poor start can cloud people's perception of defensive players for a lot longer than they should... see DDG and Rio both. Evra is Li glass it, but there is still a lot Shaw can learn from him, and he will look excellent in comparison to the Frenchman on the field to boot. :pac:

Herrera I have to be honest and say I don't know much about besides how high the last (and presumably current) regimes have been on him, plus his being a key player in a quality Bilbao squad. So I have faith he is the right guy for us either way.

In terms of another CM, my #1 pick would be Vidal by a distance. Absolutely love the guy, he has to be the best box to vox style mid in the game today and is quality in possession to boot. He also only turned 27 very recently, so we would get a good 5 years of his best... not expecting it, but it would be a complete dream signing. Schweinsteiger turns 30 in a month so would be more of a short term type, but would again be absolutely amazing to land if we could, an obvious second pick. That said both are very adventurous, and I would be fairly happy with an underrated guy like Schneiderlin if neither of those two are going to happen. The improvements around Carrick should also see us get a bit more mileage from him since LvG will likely go 433. Carrick is still a very good midfielder, he didn't just lose it overnight especially since he never relied on athleticism, but cannot do it all alone as he was asked to do last season. Carrick at the base, Vidal in the middle and Herrera further up would be incredible.

I didn't think I would be saying this, but Woodward at this pace is fast on the road to redeeming himself! Vidal or Schweini and a quality CB and I would have to consider this the best transfer window I can think of for us, since the window system began. Just such a relief to see that the intent is still there from the top levels of the club, given how stagnant we were even in Fergie's final few seasons. Christmas in June!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Rio Q+A. On twiter regarding Pogba:

"@Kenty234: @rioferdy5 rio, what do you think of vidal? Midfield beast?"

Really like him, Pogba better value for money now though....

"@bugpowder9: @rioferdy5 @Kenty234 don't the want like 50 mil for pogba?"

in today's market, I'd fly over & headlock him to sign up!!

Rates Pogba quite high by the looks.
    Ah Fergie why !!?
    That's going to be an absolute headwrecker for a long, long time. Especially since he apparently turned down the chance of Vidal early in his Leverkusen days and before he went to Juve for just 10mn. Such a pain that Ferguson kept jabbering on about "value" and brought Scholes back from retirement.

Vidal is clearly the better option now though. The much more complete player at this point, much more of what we need both in terms of "win now" vs "build for the future" band their respective skillets, and likely can be got for a better price.

Pogba at this point is somewhat of a luxury player in midfield, and it shows with Juve since he has to best box to box midfielder covering the ground for him and one of the best play makers ever in Pirlo dictating possession, freeing hm up to do what he likes. Not intended as a go at him since he is still brilliant for his age and has more potent tial than any CM to come around in a long time, but we need someone to lead our midfield authoritatively, and immediately, and Pogba is not that guy yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Shaw and Herrera signed up within 2 days of each other?!

The-Office.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Some top class gifs on here over the last 24 hours, may I commend you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

So Ed, Who we going to buy today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Shaw hasnt been confirmed yet tho......

Bringin it back down..... Sorry.

As ye were!

Shaw is a done deal - same as Herrara was, will be announced today.

I'd love to know where the Vidal speculation is coming from - everyone is talking of a bid, but where has the info on that come from originally?
    To get the 3 of them would be phenomenal - but I'm fairly sure you'll have a few other CL clubs sniffing round Vidal if he becomes available. Much and all as I'd love to see him standing with Sir Bobby in a United shirt, I wont be holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Shaw hasnt been confirmed yet tho......

Bringin it back down..... Sorry.

As ye were!
    GTFO

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

kstand wrote: »
    Shaw is a done deal - same as Herrara was, will be announced today.

I'd love to know where the Vidal speculation is coming from - everyone is talking of a bid, but where has the info on that come from originally?
    To get the 3 of them would be phenomenal - but I'm fairly sure you'll have a few other CL clubs sniffing round Vidal if he becomes available. Much and all as I'd love to see him standing with Sir Bobby in a United shirt, I wont be holding my breath.

AGENT EDWARD :-)

yermandan wrote: »
    AGENT EDWARD :-)

3 rumours going round:
    1. United to bid £30m for Vidal
    2. United in 45m Euro cash plus Nani bid (45m Euro) for Vidal
    3. Arsenal to bid £44m for Vidal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Agent Edward. The name cracks me up everytime.

Nani plus cash for Vidal? Gimme gimme gimme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Agent Edward. The name cracks me up everytime.

Nani plus cash for Vidal? Gimme gimme gimme.

If you are Juve, you'd want none of that.... well maybe the money part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

3 rumours going round:

Would happily give Nani + £45m cash for Vidal

Taok wrote: »
    Would happily give Nani + £45m cash for Vidal

Would happily give Nani + a few quid for a new set of corner flags and a half drunk bottle of Lucozade

The hate for Nani is unreal. When he gets a decent run he always does well.

glued wrote: »

He hasnt always done well. He very inconsistent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

3 rumours going round:

AGENT KSTAND > AGENT EDWARD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

glued wrote: »

That may be true, but right now we need another CM and Vidal is sexy when it comes to playing CM.

Nani's been so hot and cold for so long he needs to go. That's the problem with United's current squad. So many players are being waited on.

Smalling, Jones, Cleverly, Welbeck, Nani, Evans to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

He's had a run at the World Cup and been pants.

Im not a huge Nani fan but he wasnt pants. He just could have been alot better. His decision making and his over all attitude is poor.

After losing to Germany he went and got his number saved into his head. Shows were his heads at.

His ability is great, his application and decision making is poor. He has all the tools but cant make them work consistently.

You obviously haven't been watching Portugal so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Who was it that said "nani, huge potential but a career ruined by severe brain injury".

Thought that was funny and bang on the money.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement