Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im not a huge Nani fan but he wasnt pants. He just could have been alot better. His decision making and his over all attitude is poor.

After losing to Germany he went and got his number saved into his head. Shows were his heads at.

His ability is great, his application and decision making is poor. He has all the tools but cant make them work consistently.

I completely agree with you,story of his career though, he's been at United years and his decision making hasn't improved. How long can we cart him along with the hope that he'll fulfill a potential 4-5 years overdue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Delighted with Shaw assuming that goes through. Think he'll be great for us

glued wrote: »
    You obviously haven't been watching Portugal so.

Scoring a goal, hitting the post doesn't make up for all terrible passes and decisions he'd made. Imagine what a team with Ronaldo and a version of Nani with a brain could do. They wouldn't be getting dropped out of the World Cup at the group stages that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Taok wrote: »
    Would happily give Nani + £45m cash for Vidal

The point is though that these are 3 different rumours that have popped up in the last 24 hours, if that.
    No talk of Real Madrid or Barca having a sniff, same with PSG or any of the German sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

kstand wrote: »
    The point is though that these are 3 different rumours that have popped up in the last 24 hours, if that.
    No talk of Real Madrid or Barca having a sniff, same with PSG or any of the German sides.

I've read reports saying Madrid are interested - I think TuttoSport had one last night, and were linking the Morata talk to this deal, but that Real wanted to keep Morata and Vidal negotiations seperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

lvgcok0j.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

If you are Juve, you'd want none of that.... well maybe the money part

Except for the fact Juventus have been linked with Nani numerous times over the last two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

zerks wrote: »
    lvgcok0j.gif

LVG realising it's nearly 10am and Ed has signed anyone yet today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

"You run wish the ball and you passh the fúcking ball. Jeshush!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

lvgcok0j.gif

Is this recent ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Somebody said nani and money for Vidal?

*puts diesel in car* ........ available if needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Somebody said nani and money for Vidal?

*puts diesel in car* ........ available if needed

Nope... Dont get it.

What don't you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah Nani had a real run in the world cup alright. 3 games after barely kicking a ball for most of the season. :rolleyes:

By that logic Ronaldo must be useless so.

Possibly a repost but I just love Agent Dave.

Bq5TfgnIAAAurcy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Possibly a repost but I just love Agent Dave.

Bq5TfgnIAAAurcy.jpg
    Serious man love for Dave lately, and rightly so :)

Herrera looks like a kid getting his photo taken with an idol in that pic, not the older team-mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He hasnt always done well. He very inconsistent

This would be accurate, except its not.

"When he has been given a decent run he has always done well."

Yep, looks much better that way

adox wrote: »
    Yeah Nani had a real run in the world cup alright. 3 games after barely kicking a ball for most of the season. :rolleyes:

By that logic Ronaldo must be useless so.

Ronaldo did well enough for someone carrying a knee injury. Scored and assisted, made the right runs and decisions. Foolish comparing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

kryogen wrote: »
    This would be accurate, except its not.

"When he has been given a decent run he has always done well."

Yep, looks much better that way

We shall have to disagree, I personally think hes a man who will never fulfill his potential. He can do great things but its been a while since Ive seen them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

nani + 45m for vidal?! for that sort of money you have to go for Pogba.

Pogba > Vidal

Ronaldo did well enough for someone carrying a knee injury. Scored and assisted, made the right runs and decisions. Foolish comparing them.

And Nani did well enough considering hed barely kicked a ball all season.

I was comparing them to show how idiotic it was to judge Nani on three games at the world cup. Surely you knew that?

Herrera looks like a kid getting his photo taken with an idol in that pic, not the older team-mate.

He does. Just goes to show you how much big Dave has developed in the last couple of years, mentally and physically. He has a real stature about him now.

I remember it was similar for JOS. He finished up school tall and skinny and in his first few pictures wearing the United jersey it was swimming on him. At the end of the season he told his friends he'd been put on a training plan to gain muscle, lots of weight training and he had to eat at least two dinners a day! The next time I saw him in Waterford he had bulked up considerably.

bangkok wrote: »

Pogba > Vidal

There is just no way that Pogba is coming back to Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-united-hold-transfer-talks-with-45m-man-s-agent-as-off

That is the Sports Witness article from yesterday where they used Turin based Tuttosport for the article.

We covered claims earlier on Thursday morning from Gazzetta dello Sport about Manchester United possibly soon making an official bid, which would have to be in the region of €45m according to the newspaper. Turin newspaper Tuttosport go further and claim that Arturo Vidal's agent has been holding transfer talks in Brazil with Manchester United and Real Madrid. Those talks, which the newspaper labels a 'summit', have been taking place in Belo Horizonte as Chile rest and prepare for the next stage of the World Cup.
    Manchester United are said to want to include Luis Nani in a transfer offer which may not be such a bad idea. Juventus have been linked with the Portugal international for years and there's been claims of a done deal on more than one occasion. Antonio Conte wants a winger and had been pursuing Barcelona's Alexis Sanchez but he has more competition for that signing than what he wanted.
    Real Madrid are said to want Vidal in case they sell Sami Khedira, the German international has also been linked with a move to Manchester United.
    When once Tuttosport would treat Vidal transfer rumours with disdain, they now seem forced to take them more seriously.

I simply say do whatever it takes to beat Real Madrid or anyone else for him. Don't want Khedira...

bangkok wrote: »

Pogba > Vidal

We potentially have a back line that will need protection and experience in front of them, and a young midfielder in herrera that may need experience beside him. Vidal, imo, would be the better option for United right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The only thing about the any Nani + cash rumours that gets my hopes up would be Gervinho success since moving to Series A. More standing off and more time to ponder before attempting to dribble with the ball, which would suit his game well. If we are not including him in some kind of deal like that, I would actually prefer we loan him to a Series A team for a year to try and increase his value because it has to be pretty low at this point in time.

A big worry is also finding takers to offload his and Young's wages onto (Fellainis too if they are high). I would not be shocked to see us continuing to contribute to a percentage of their wages after they are sold... another problem brought about by our tragicomical overpaying of Rooney last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United can do a lot better than Nani, we shouldn't keep him for sentimental reasons as if he is a pet or something, he gets injured a lot, is inconsistent, can be great or the opposite, there are more wingers available who offer a lot more than Nani.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We potentially have a back line that will need protection and experience in front of them, and a young midfielder in herrera that may need experience beside him. Vidal, imo, would be the better option for United right now.

Exactly. Right now, Vidal is the better play for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hard to see Vidal playing beside Herrera over Strootman. LvG is a massive Strootman fan.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    And Nani did well enough considering hed barely kicked a ball all season.

I was comparing them to show how idiotic it was to judge Nani on three games at the world cup. Surely you knew that?

Those 3 appearances only compound my point that he's not consistent enough, Ronaldo had been injured since the tail end of the season, and was injured coming into the very first game of the tournament. He performed having "not kicked a ball" coming into the tournament and carrying a serious knee injury.

He still performed. Nani didn't. That was my point, and your moronic guurr Ronaldo must be terrible duhhhh comment didn't add anything to the conversation. Ronaldo is world class, Nani is average at best... Ronaldo is far and beyond Nani's level and shouldn't be the meter stick with which to measure Nani's ability.

This Nani get a run of games thing is a myth, he's had run of games in seasons past and done nothing too, and that's why the likes of Valencia were getting played ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

In the last year we heard a lot of talk of 'the United Way'....surely Nani epitomises the United way, he'll take a risk, he'll try something, ok it might not always come off. He's capable of the sublime and there is a thin line between the sublime and the ridiculous so when it doesn't come off he can look foolish but I think he's a player you have to indulge a bit.

Is it not the United way to indulge a flawed genius?

This is an attacking player, we want our centre halves and full backs to keep the ball, not to do anything stupid but our attacking players, we want them to excite us, Nani has that capability.

I think he's a player we should keep. I could see him fluorishing under LVGs instruction

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Howya folks, LFC fan here. Just wanted to drop in and say I'm mad jealous of your two signings; I reckon you boys will be a whole different kettle of fish next year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Shaw and Herrera, and intrigued to see how the Rooney/RVP thing will work out.

All the best for the season, and I still hope we kick your f**king asses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Ronaldo is far and beyond Nani's level and shouldn't be the meter stick with which to measure Nani's ability.

Agreed.
    Ronaldo had been injured since the tail end of the season, and was injured coming into the very first game of the tournament. He performed having "not kicked a ball" coming into the tournament and carrying a serious knee injury.

He still performed. Nani didn't.

Wait....but...what you just said.....huh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Howya folks, LFC fan here. Just wanted to drop in and say I'm mad jealous of your two signings; I reckon you boys will be a whole different kettle of fish next year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Shaw and Herrera, and intrigued to see how the Rooney/RVP thing will work out.

All the best for the season, and I still hope we kick your f**king asses!

He cant be a Liverpool fan..... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

When was the last time Nani had a decent season for United. I'd be more then happy to replace him with Depay.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Hard to see Vidal playing beside Herrera over Strootman. LvG is a massive Strootman fan.

I was thinking about this too, Vidal and Herrerra with Mata or Kagawa ahead as a midfield 3...does this offer much protection to the defence? From what I've seen of both it might leave us a bit open... Although with that 3, coached by LVG, we'd probably have 80% possession every game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

RasTa wrote: »
    When was the last time Nani had a decent season for United.

What your really asking is: when has Nani been given an extended run on the right wing?

The answer is a couple of seasons ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

If Vidal had a choice of Real or Madrid going by them rumours of his agent, there is no chance in hell he's choosing Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

v3ttel wrote: »
    What your really asking is: when has Nani been given an extended run on the right wing?

The answer is a couple of seasons ago.

Whichever way you want to twist it, he hasn't earned an extended run down to either his attitude in training or performance when given the chance. This was with two managers

He isn't as good as everyone is making him out to be.

ericzeking wrote: »
    I was thinking about this too, Vidal and Herrerra with Mata or Kagawa ahead as a midfield 3...does this offer much protection to the defence? From what I've seen of both it might leave us a bit open... Although with that 3, coached by LVG, we'd probably have 80% possession every game!

Herrera gets stuck in, as does Vidal, so it wouldn't be a work shy midfield, but it would lack a holding, protecting influence. At his best though, Strootman is a box to box midifelder too. He can play as a sitting ball spreading midfielder, but he likes to attack and score too, much like Vidal.

I would say none of the three are defensive midfielders, they are all the frequently more rare (imo) central midfielder, capable and willing to do a bit of everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

@themanutdway: Ryan Giggs was on hand to greet Luke Shaw at Carrington. He is now completing medical/photos before taking a tour of Old Trafford. #mufc

Herrera gets stuck in, as does Vidal, so it wouldn't be a work shy midfield, but it would lack a holding, protecting influence. At his best though, Strootman is a box to box midifelder too. He can play as a sitting ball spreading midfielder, but he likes to attack and score too, much like Vidal.

I would say none of the three are defensive midfielders, they are all the frequently more rare (imo) central midfielder, capable and willing to do a bit of everything.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Herrerra is actually 6ft tall (as opposed to the usual nippy Spanish lads) which augurs well for his adaptability to the more rigorous Premier league...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ericzeking wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised to see that Herrerra is actually 6ft tall (as opposed to the usual nippy Spanish lads) which augurs well for his adaptability to the more rigorous Premier league...

yes and he likes a tackle, not afraid to put the boot in. really good signing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

yermandan wrote: »
    @themanutdway: Ryan Giggs was on hand to greet Luke Shaw at Carrington. He is now completing medical/photos before taking a tour of Old Trafford. #mufc

While in this case it's probably true, you do need to start following better twitter sources :D

• Advertisement

This Nani get a run of games thing is a myth, he's had run of games in seasons past and done nothing too, and that's why the likes of Valencia were getting played ahead of him.
    I am not a bi Nani fan myself, but here is an interesting statistic from last season:

Minutes per goal or assist
    119.2 - Nani - Premier League
    119.8 - Hazard - PL
    148.6 - Lingard - Championship
    178.0 - Young - PL
    205.6 - Januzaj - PL
    252.4 - Valencia - PL
    274.8 - Zaha - CH
    616.0 - Zaha - PL

Keno wrote: »
    Agreed.

Wait....but...what you just said.....huh...

A retort to his original comment.

I'm just frustrated that a player so physically capable of being brilliant, fails to deliver on a yearly basis. How many more years of he's got it in his locker do we have to put up with, until it's displayed. I'd dump Nani and give Januzaj the chance to flourish.

Those 3 appearances only compound my point that he's not consistent enough, Ronaldo had been injured since the tail end of the season, and was injured coming into the very first game of the tournament. He performed having "not kicked a ball" coming into the tournament and carrying a serious knee injury.

He still performed. Nani didn't. That was my point, and your moronic guurr Ronaldo must be terrible duhhhh comment didn't add anything to the conversation. Ronaldo is world class, Nani is average at best... Ronaldo is far and beyond Nani's level and shouldn't be the meter stick with which to measure Nani's ability.

You totally missed my point regarding Ronaldo but carry on with your petty insults.

We already have that guy. He'll be 33 this season but still can get the job done nicely so long as we don't ask him to single handedly look after a third of the entire pitch between the backline and midfield like Moyes did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Sun shining, two players in the bag...and it's Friday?

jmmyf.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement