Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Right then, enough of this Nani talk. Moyes for Galatasaray?

Eurosport.com EN ‏@EurosportCom_EN 7m

REALLY!? Our Turkish office reports that David Moyes is in Istanbul and could replace Roberto Mancini as Galatasaray manager.
    Wish him all the best, didn't work out at United but he is a good man and will I'm sure be back to bite us on the backside sometime in the future as opposing manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

irishfeen wrote: »
    Wish him all the best, didn't work out at United but he is a good man and will I'm sure be back to bite us on the backside sometime in the future as opposing manager.
    Given his record against top teams, I'm not so worried. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

bangkok wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson?! He actually loved players to take risks, that's why he signed Nani Ronaldo etc

I kinda disagree on this point, he allowed Ronaldo to take risks because he saw the value in it, Nani was given the same privileges and was subsequently dropped when he didn't deliver, replaced by Valencia by both Ferguson and Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

"Manchester United are not back. But the fear that Manchester Untied may be on the way back is real. And delicious."

Saw that on Twitter...couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I kinda disagree on this point, he allowed Ronaldo to take risks because he saw the value in it, Nani was given the same privileges and was subsequently dropped when he didn't deliver, replaced by Valencia by both Ferguson and Moyes.

Ronaldo was totally abject at defending. He was left up front for good reason, to be the axis for counter attacks and breaking. Either with the ball at his feet, or him running in support.

I always remember this because it told me all I needed to know about John Giles and his knowledge on modern football. He'd always given Ronaldo **** for not tracking abck, when it was so obvious he was being instructed to keep an advanced position for when we won the ball : /

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Nani played the best football of his career under ferguson and in 10/11 I think it was he was probably the best winger in the premier league, injuries then struck and he hasn't been the same since. Ferguson was probably the biggest risk taker there has ever been in football management and what made him so good. Just think of all those last 90th min winners under fergie. it wasn't luck that utd scored so many, it was fergies risk taking and drive that got us over the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Is it just me or does Herrera remind anyone else of Paddy Jackson (ulster rugby player) without the ginger hair??

Billy86 wrote: »
    Given his record against top teams, I'm not so worried. ;)
    Well he did beat us at Everton on the openening day of the season there the season before last.... Remember that 4-4 draw too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Nani played the best football of his career under ferguson and in 10/11 I think it was he was probably the best winger in the premier league, injuries then struck and he hasn't been the same since. Ferguson was probably the biggest risk taker there has ever been in football management and what made him so good. Just think of all those last 90th min winners under fergie. it wasn't luck that utd scored so many, it was fergies risk taking and drive that got us over the line

Agreed on his substitutions just feel like he chose to play far more conservatively in his last two seasons, but I suspect he wasn't as adventurous with his team selections as he didn't have the players he once had. We're far from having the team that consisted of Tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney demolishing teams on the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

We were doing great lads signing players everyone was positive gifs flying all over the place!

Now where back to square one again.......

Oh Nani.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Think we'll have to wait a couple of weeks before there are any more signings. Genuinely feel that our remaining targets are still involved in the WC.

Vidal, DeJong, Depay, Hummels, Vermaelen could be all on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Shaw confirmed on SSN

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Shaw confirmed on SSN

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Nearly time for a few more gifs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Alex Ferguson?! He actually loved players to take risks, that's why he signed Nani Ronaldo etc

towards the end of his time he became more and more cautious in his approach to football in general, as the margin for error had become almost non-existent.

Look at the point tallies required to win titles in the 90's and early 00's, the amount of games you could afford to drop points in has decreased.

In work so can't see SSN - 4/5 year deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Did someone say gifs?

yesss.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

5 Year deal apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

irishfeen wrote: »
    In work so can't see SSN - 4/5 year deal?

5 year deal excess in of 30m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

kstand wrote: »
    Nearly time for a few more gifs!

19164309.cms

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have no gifs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Luke Shaw's twitter page...sly :pac:
    Professional footballer at Manchester united Football Club. Views are my own, not those of @ManUtd

https://twitter.com/LukeShaw3

Haha he wasn't long changing his twitter account :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Moar signings!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

herrera-2.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

lB and CM addressed in space of 24 hours.

Good work Woodward and LVG. We now lok so much stronger than we did last year at this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

200.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MagicIRL, ITK.
    BREAKING NEWS: Ed Woodward spotted securing Shaw deal.

200.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

If we dont sign anyone tomorrow Woodward Out !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

When talking about Herrera on MUTV yesterday with some former players, one can't remember who said that United plan on bringing in about 6 players.

Herrera
    Shaw
    ????
    ????
    ????
    ????

We can speculate, but a CB, a midfielder...2 wingers like a Robben and Depay to replace Nani and Young???
    Sell Kagawa back to Dortmund as a sweetener for Hummels.
    Vidal or Pogba.

The Guardian ran with this earlier this month:
    Manchester United have been quoted £60m if they want to persevere with plans to bring Paul Pogba back to Old Trafford two years after his acrimonious departure on a free transfer.
    The Observer can reveal that United are not only targeting Kevin Strootman from Roma but have made repeated attempts over the past year to explore whether Juventus would sell them the midfielder at a huge profit. Mino Raiola, the player’s agent, said this week that Pogba was happy in Turin but United’s information is that the France international is open to the idea.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/07/manchester-united-paul-pogba-juventus-transfer-60m-old-trafford-louis-van-gaal

I was reading how Juventus has seen their debt rise from over €150 million to over €180 million. If they were to sell both Vidal and Pogba they could buy two replacements and put a serious dent in the debt.

It is quite clear the overhaul of United is to win back the Premier League next season and not simply get back to top 4 and qualify for the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

AWWWW YEAH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id doubt myself if its 6, id be happy with 3....six (depending on who they are) would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Vidal and Sanchez next please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Since we now have more signings confirmed than our rivals, which is apparently of great importance, surely that means the drama queens of a few weeks ago are happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id doubt myself if its 6, id be happy with 3....six (depending on who they are) would be great.

I think United will go all out to win back the league this season, will spend the money to make it happen.

• Advertisement

It's crazy to think that we're not even in July yet and already we've signed up a CM and a LB. Another CM is needed, as is a CB.

Vidal/Strootman for the other CM, Blind/De Jong as option #3.

Hummels as the CB, Martins Indi/Vertonghen as option #2.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Blatter wrote: »
    Luke Shaw's twitter page...sly :pac:

https://twitter.com/LukeShaw3

Now removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I have been completely out of the loop for the last 24 hours. Imagine my delight when I went on Facebook this afternoon and saw Herrera and Bobby posing for pictures.

Of course, I immediately jumped across to here to see the reaction and I'm greeted with the news that Shaw is done aswell!

Jim%20Carrey%20celebrating%20New%20Years.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Sky Sports - http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/ :D
    Manchester United have now completed the signing of Luke Shaw from Southampton, according to Sky sources. We'll have more on this breaking news shortly.

World+Cup+Samba.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Since we now have more signings confirmed than our rivals, which is apparently of great importance, surely that means the drama queens of a few weeks ago are happy?

I'll be happy when we have our trophy back! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Vidal and Sanchez have made a decent side Chile look excellent. They would be some addition i don't know about Vidal being available but would love Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think United will go all out to win back the league this season, will spend the money to make it happen.

Id like to think so too, already 60 mil of a possible 80/100/150 mil spent (depending on where you read it)

Sully wrote: »
    Now removed.

A TWIST IN THE TALE!

RobertKK wrote: »

It is quite clear the overhaul of United is to win back the Premier League next season and not simply get back to top 4 and qualify for the CL.

two things on this...

1. that isn't clear yet. two young signings, good but still young, won't completely change our fortunes - still a lot more work to be done, especially on the training pitch rather than the boardroom re. transfers. Need proper coaching to get more out of Raf, Smalling, Jones, Cleverley, Welbeck for example.

2. I reckon the top 4 could be quite tight for most of next season, so if you want to get a top 4 spot, you won't be too far off the title. Between United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, City there will be very fierce competition for the top 4, and there is the potential of Everton and Spurs to further improve too. The difference in fighting for the title and fighting for a top 4 spot will be small, imo.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Vidal and Sanchez have made a decent side Chile look excellent. They would be some addition i don't know about Vidal being available but would love Sanchez.

those 2, and a cb (even VErmalen) would be an amazing summer, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Odd one with his twiiter !!

He was following Utd now hes not also!

Someone telling him to wait until club announce it official i suppose??
    He's keen !

beakerjoe wrote: »

we need 4, imo.

Another CM and a CB are absolutely required.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/27580953
    Manchester United have signed Southampton left-back Luke Shaw.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28048866

COMMENCE GIF BOMBARDMENT!

feeding.gif

He's keen !
    Noticed that too, nice too see him so keen too - club must be waiting for someone or something before making it official.

He's keen !
    He's being the ultimate troll - will announce he is signing for Chelsea tomorrow.:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement