Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Means nothing really. They've suspended betting to protect themselves. People lumped on to de Vrij to United so the bookies closed it.

If Woodie pulls off three in a week he'll be forgiven for last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Ha just saw this after my post about De Vrij, yeah read an article from a while back saying the deal is done and will be final after world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Know very little about De Vrij, he'll be our youngest centre back if we sign him, one of Evans, Jones or Smalling will really need to step up next season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Know very little about De Vrij, he'll be our youngest centre back if we sign him, one of Evans, Jones or Smalling will really need to step up next season

If Jones got a whole season in centre back I can see him establishing himself. Great heart and has the talent. Just unfortunate that he's too versatile. If he got a whole season in the one position it would help him loads.

de Vrij would add depth but he hasn't the experience someone like Hummels would bring. I can only assume if de Vrij comes in then one of Smalling/Jones/Evans is going out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Means nothing really. They've suspended betting to protect themselves. People lumped on to de Vrij to United so the bookies closed it.

If Woodie pulls off three in a week he'll be forgiven for last year!

No he won't, we need to keep demanding of him... the more we demand the more he's delivering
    credit to him he's done deals quickly and is appeasing those who said he's unsuitable for the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

IvySlayer wrote: »
    My grandad died this morning, this thread keeps cheering me up :o

My condolences to you and your family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

It's been a good week to be a United fan..

Shaw although over priced looks a cracking player at 18.. keeping on Evra makes more sense now so that gives Shaw time to bed in..

Herrera I know nothing about him but have heard him described as an attacking midfielder, I though United were pretty stacked in this position :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

0028673 wrote: »
    Herrera I know nothing about him but have heard him described as an attacking midfielder, I though United were pretty stacked in this position :confused:

Herrera is a multi-talented midfielder, can play deep in midfield or further up, very good passer and tackler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

0028673 wrote: »
    It's been a good week to be a United fan..

Shaw although over priced looks a cracking player at 18.. keeping on Evra makes more sense now so that gives Shaw time to bed in..

From what I've seen Herrera does some weird stuff. He plays centre mid but instead of passing the ball to the side and backwards like our current players he passes forward and runs forward with the ball. It's odd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Herrera is a multi-talented midfielder, can play deep in midfield or further up, very good passer and tackler.

That makes more sense.. I would imagine he will be a deep role given the options ye have in attack..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

ician wrote: »
    From what I've seen Herrera does some weird stuff. He plays centre mid but instead of passing the ball to the side and backwards like our current players he passes forward and runs forward with the ball. It's odd

Very odd, passing the ball forward??

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

What's people's view on garay going to zenit for 12mil I thought we should have bought him as replacement for vidic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What's people's view on garay going to zenit for 12mil I thought we should have bought him as replacement for vidic.

He was too cheap

He went for 15mill anway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

MagicIRL wrote: »
    He went for 15mill anway?
    15M euro/12M pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I'm really happy that we have a player that can receive the ball in midfield with back to goal and bring the ball forward with him. Clev, Carrick et all ****ting the bed and passing backwards the minute an opponent comes here them.

He must be getting good wages at zenit don't know why a potential world class player would want to play in the Russian league other than monetary reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

He must be getting good wages at zenit don't know why a potential world class player would want to play in the Russian league other than monetary reasons.

For a cheap transfer fee like that United surely could have matched the pay packet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yourenotfunny.gif

While I think he is a good player and would be a good accusition he is no way in hell potentially World Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Surely we get a percentage of that fee considering how many times we bought him last year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭HaveASnickers

I know nothing about Herrera, hopefully he's what we're need in someone who won't shy away from the ball, can run with it and pass it well too. I'll reserve judgement until he plays obviously. Even with a midfielder like Vidal in there I think we'd still be quite a bit away from dominating City/Chelsea at home and the likes in midfield.

We need new wide players with pace and good dribbling with an eye for goal.

Very worried about our CB partnership. I thought Smalling was basically Rio II but he has declined, hopefully it's just a confidence issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

There's been 800 odd posts in this thread since I read it last....
    Anything happening? :pac:

___

Seriously though me mate's mate, the taxi driver, was right all along!! :D

Al's happy. Who's next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Usually it means no top club was interested so you might as well get a nice wage.. Hulk, Witsel ect.

Suppose you're happy with what we have at the moment, garay would've been a terrific signing for 12m an absolute bargain for a potential world class centre back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Would rather we went for a more experienced centre back than De Vrij if I'm honest, not that I'm complaining....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Garay will be 28 this october why do people keep saying a "potential world class centre back". He is as good now as he will ever be. Anyway amazing few days for us and i really can't wait for the season to start now

ician wrote: »
    From what I've seen Herrera does some weird stuff. He plays centre mid but instead of passing the ball to the side and backwards like our current players he passes forward and runs forward with the ball.

54564_72058-what-kind-of-sorcery-is-this-JXjO.jpg

I'm a few days behind on stuff but I wonder how long Woodward is going to get? I'd say he's on borrowed time...

Nobody likes him, he is a liability to the club and apart from Bebe, the most embarrassing employee we have had at the club in recent years. he should go back to what he is good at, signing Mr Tayto and the like and leave the football side of things to people who know about it.

Now I'm off to catch up with transfer news..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Anyone know of Tom McDermott?

• Advertisement

He's pretty sound imo. Not full of crap. I'm sure others will disagree though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ah you have seen this too..
    Tom McDermott ‏@FootballMcD 15 mins
    Stefan de Vrij, Arturo Vidal, Bruno Martins Indi & Memphis Depay all interesting #mufc. Might get 1 or none. Enquiry stage.
    ... Have no idea about him but Alistair Fergusson retweeted him which is a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Stefan de Vrij rumours have been persisting for a number of days now.
    We have the Vidal chatter and growing talk that LVG has Robben as a primary target.

After spending all that money on attacking defense with Shaw, LVG could very well trust de Vrij to do a top job for United.
    It would be far cheaper than a Hummels and leave money for a Vidal type player or Robben who both would not be cheap.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2672436/Manchester-United-target-Arturo-Vidal-continue-summer-spending-spree.html

The mail say LVG wanted Vidal at Bayern Munich but he moved to Juventus as we know, United will step up the bid to get Vermaelen - £11 million Pogba would cost at least £55 million, and of course there is Strootman.

Some of the names doing the round as well as Depay...

I would guess 2 more midfielders, a CB and a winger. Would prefer De Vrij over Vermaelen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Serious push this week and next for transfers it seems all wants to be done before pre season.

CB and another CM please ed.

I think current players will get up to the end of the window to impress the tulip. With a game of thrones style culling just before end of window.

The Iron Tulip is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

It'll be very interesting to see the other side of this equation, who goes out.

We've some brilliant players who will not get game time, esp up top. How does VG keep RVP, Rooney, Jan, Kags, Mata, Nani happy. He'll have to offload a couple.

I know he really rated Kags from his time in Germany, wonder would he prefer him to Mata in the 10 role?

Wasnt there a rumour a few weeks back linking Mata with Barca?

Sounds mad but could we see Mata in a swap deal for Sanchez plus cash? Not advocating it BTW, I rate Mata higher but players will be leaving and maybe not the ones us fans want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Moyes could be the new Gala manager, Id give him 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

It's amazing how positive things feel after the two signings. A good centre half and another midfielder and id strongly fancy us in the league next season.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Serious push this week and next for transfers it seems all wants to be done before pre season.

CB and another CM please ed.

I think current players will get up to the end of the window to impress the tulip. With a game of thrones style culling just before end of window.

The Iron Tulip is coming.

Hope not - GRRM would kill off Mata, Januzaj, de Gea, Rooney and van Persie in a blood fest at the Red Welcome - the welcome party for our new signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I still haven't seen anything from Woodward that would have me delighted he is our main man. Buying a Vidal or a Kroos would really prove something to me.

Buying Fellaini for more than a buy clause fee, Mata from a club who wanted to sell, Shaw and Herrera for £30 million each is hardly impressive in my eyes.

I'd forgive him completely if he signed an Adidas kit deal. Hate Nike United kits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

GSPfan wrote: »
    I still haven't seen anything from Woodward that would have me delighted he is our main man. Buying a Vidal or a Kroos would really prove something to me.

Buying Fellaini for more than a buy clause fee, Mata from a club who wanted to sell, Shaw and Herrera for £30 million each is hardly impressive in my eyes.

I'd forgive him completely if he signed an Adidas kit deal. Hate Nike United kits.

If buying our rivals player of the season for 2 years in a row, a LB who has the potential to be one of the best LB in the world and signing a midfielder whose very highly rated in Spain from a club who are arguably the hardest to do business with isn't impressive, I dunno what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Lads I really dislike Robben....but I think I could take him playing for us :P Would love to see him signed with a CM and Depay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Headshot wrote: »
    Moyes could be the new Gala manager, Id give him 6 months

They aren't exactly known for their patience, it'd be a very risky move for Moyes.

Apparently he's not their first choice though.

Blatter wrote: »
    They aren't exactly known for their patience, it'd be a very risky move for Moyes.

Apparently he's not their first choice though.

He shouldnt be a choice at all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If buying our rivals player of the season for 2 years in a row, a LB who has the potential to be one of the best LB in the world and signing a midfielder whose very highly rated in Spain from a club who are arguably the hardest to do business with isn't impressive, I dunno what is.

They wanted rid of Mata so hardly impressive. Herrera had a buy out clause which we activated which any club could do if the player wanted to, and Shaw is an 18yo left back and we've paid £30 million for him.

All good signings but hardly the hardest deals ever to complete.

If Moyes does go to Turkey, I'd wish him well.
    Good luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

So with Shaw and Herrera in the bag, How many more do we think will come in and where?

I can see another CM and a DC coming in, with a few more being offloaded too

KH25 wrote: »
    Lads I really dislike Robben....but I think I could take him playing for us :P Would love to see him signed with a CM and Depay.

I absolutely can't stand Robben, but he has been simply excellent at this WC. LVG seems to have him playing better than I can ever remember playing him. So with that in mind, I would love to see such a lethal weapon joining the ranks after the WC.

Looks like HS has the most posts in the SF now.I will reign will a iron fist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Headshot wrote: »
    Looks like HS has the most posts in the SF now.I will reign will a iron fist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement