Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

IvySlayer wrote: »

Mods take Ivy to the gallows

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Haven't watched loads of Herrera but saw a few games he played against Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico and obviously against United. One thing that stood out was his work rate. Very good tackler and seems very capable in possession too. Can't wait to see him play in the Premiership!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

What a difference a year makes. This season, prior to July 1st, we actually have two new signings who are first teamers. And that's before LVG even steps foot in the place.

Delighted to see work getting done early. The Shaw deal was apparently done before the World Cup, and Herrera has been on the cards for a year.

I expect LVG to make a big name signing also once he has taken charge fully. Be it a Vidal-esque big name I hope so.

Main concern is ridding the deadwood from the team. Nani, Young, Fletch/Clev and perhaps a defender if LVG wana to being in 1 or 2.

Smalling would be my preference. Jones has it in his locker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

master-t wrote: »
    What a difference a year makes. This season, prior to July 1st, we actually have two new signings who are first teamers. And that's before LVG even steps foot in the place.

Delighted to see work getting done early. The Shaw deal was apparently done before the World Cup, and Herrera has been on the cards for a year.

I expect LVG to make a big name signing also once he has taken charge fully. Be it a Vidal-esque big name I hope so.

Main concern is ridding the deadwood from the team. Nani, Young, Fletch/Clev and perhaps a defender if LVG wana to being in 1 or 2.

we only have 3 centre backs, no need to sell any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Headshot wrote: »
    Moyes could be the new Gala manager, Id give him 6 months

Gala-rathdrum-4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

master-t wrote: »

A defender we have about 5 defenders getting rid of any would be madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

More pics of the home and away.

BrKGH9BIMAEYObM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The away is actually the laziest designed jersey ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Is that the 100% official design?

I don't like it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

xtal191 wrote: »

BrKGH9BIMAEYObM.jpg

Gagging.gif

• Advertisement

Well the pics are supposedly from a Nike store somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

BrKGH9BIMAEYObM.jpg

They both look like their plucked from the early 90's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bad enough as they are, THEY HAVE TWO DIFFERENT COLLARS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

The big gold and silver plus sign sucks. Could they not just do with the Chevrolet writing :(

Yeah those pictures by the sounds of things online are 100 percent the new jerseys...still wished it was this one instead though

20140417-072932.jpg

Even if they did the logo the same style it would have been better.

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 1m
    I reckon #mufc will sign at least two more players, a centre half and another midfielder, from the conversations I've had today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

first reponse to that :pac:
    Joãozinho ‏@AchtungJoao 3m
    @DuckerTheTimes names or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

BrKGH9BIMAEYObM.jpg

Worst United jerseys I have ever seen. And that includes the infamous grey one (which kind of grew on me as I had it).

I thought the club was going back to the old crest with the "Manchester United Football Club" writing returning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 1m
    I wrote this morning that Shaw fee was £27m rising to £31m. Was subsequently told today it is £27m rising to £29m

I know it sounds silly but the timing for the new kit and sponsor was perfect. New manager, few new players and a new kit to try forget about last season and get a top4 spot again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

The new kit really isn't that bad, it'll grow on us after seeing the players wearing it over the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Any word on the upcoming kit manufacturing deal?

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I know it sounds silly but the timing for the new kit and sponsor was perfect. New manager, few new players and a new kit to try forget about last season and get a top4 spot again.

Hadn't thought about that before but you're right the fewer reminders of last season the better.:)

Any word on the upcoming kit manufacturing deal?

Not 100% but think Nike deal runs out after the 2015-2016 season (Might be 2017-2018), Chevrolet signed a 7 year deal starting this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Zico wrote: »
    Gala-rathdrum-4.jpg

Moyes would be out of his depth there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

The new kit really isn't that bad, it'll grow on us after seeing the players wearing it over the season

I've ordered the two off all express all ready shipped, so hopefully have them in the next two weeks. All other jerseys I've ordered are immaculate just I'd be weary of the number and name on the back as they seem to easily peel. Missus ruined my psg jersey all ready as she put it on a high wash and ibra's name is peeling. Dunno why I asked to get names this time but other then that top quality looking forward to receiving them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

I wish United just went nice like this ( My Opinion )

312464.png

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

That's the nicest kit ye've had in years imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Will look even better with Herrera and Shaw on the back if them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The new kit will look fine, even better when winning in it.

Antibac wrote: »
    Will look even better with Herrera and Shaw on the back if them!

Dont forget Vidal, Sanchez, Strootman and Kroos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

The same thing happens every year when the new kit is released, I can't remember everyone ever being happy with a kit at first :pac:

Think it's the nicest we've had in a while to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

@Sport_Witness
    Follow

Claims in Spain today that Manchester United are still providing competition to La Liga's big two for Toni Kroos.

Bob Cass @Bob_Cass
    Follow

No Kroos ... yet. But at least I got Shaw right

Cass has connections with United,especially with Fergie so he's reliable,Sports Witness is great for foreign stuff,plus they filter out the sh1te.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Not 100% but think Nike deal runs out after the 2015-2016 season (Might be 2017-2018), Chevrolet signed a 7 year deal starting this season.

I thought it was to be renewed earlier. Right, carry on. :)

I think they were talking about $1bn 10 year renewal with Nike before Xmas but then the club's form went into a complete nose dive and it went quiet after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

I thought it was to be renewed earlier. Right, carry on. :)

I think there's 1 season left on the Nike deal, hopefully it's the last with the crap they've been producing for us the last few seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Zico wrote: »
    I think they were talking about $1bn 10 year renewal with Nike before Xmas but then the club's form went into a complete nose dive and it went quiet after that.

Yeah wasn't it a 13 year deal back in 2002 or something? There was talk about a renewal as you said but haven't heard anything final, Nike might wait till it runs out and see where the club is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Shaw deal happened fast once his World Cup was over. Hopefully similar will happen with other targets (hoping for Germany to get knocked out soon:pac:)

I hope he turns out to be everything Headshot wants,

Have to admit I saw a lot more of Herrera than Shaw so I have no idea what to expect from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sanchez and Vidal hopefully to get knocked out tomorrow so Ed can do the double

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Lads, is the attached upcoming seasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I agree, I think they're grand.

Shaw seems very nervous in that interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

give me sexy football and results and I will worry about a jersey then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Shaw seems very nervous in that interview

He's an 18 year old kid who's just become the most expensive teenager and has signed for the biggest club in the world, he's bound to be a bit jittery.
    I'd say he'll do his talking on the pitch.

bantee wrote: »
    He's an 18 year old kid who's just become the most expensive teenager and has signed for the biggest club in the world, he's bound to be a bit jittery.
    I'd say he'll do his talking on the pitch.

Yeah I know, I'm 6 months older than him so he's made me feel a massive failure today, I'm ****ting the bed at job interviews :pac:

Yeah I know, I'm 6 months older than him so he's made me feel a massive failure today, I'm ****ting the bed at job interviews :pac:

Don't fret. Everyone ****s the bed at job interviews, no matter what age. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Shaw played great last season and against big teams. He will have evra there to guide him aswell. He will be fine and in time be a big success for us I feel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The word seems to be that we want to get one CB and one CM in now,with Vidal and Vermlean (sp) the preferred choices, and then "the exodus" will begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Agent Edward. The name cracks me up everytime.

Van Gaal = Agent Oranje. :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement