Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

50268_Untitled-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Vidal stories are getting popular in Italy.

but im sure we aint only club sniffing around.

There was a £44m bid from Arsenal mentioned on SSN this morning. I'm sure Real and Barca want in too.

The good news is City won't buy him because that will drive Yaya out. One less competitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

There was a £44m bid from Arsenal mentioned on SSN this morning. I'm sure Real and Barca want in too.

The good news is City won't buy him because that will drive Yaya out. One less competitor.

it will be a tough buy.

no CL football is a hindrance, but maybe LVG might tempt him.

odds against us, but you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

actually looking forward to the sunday papers this weekend, I reckon Ducker and the rest are gonna have some stories for us.

Are we giving Ed a bit of credit for his work so far this window considering the bashing he has received right up until a couple of days ago?

Best of the lot has to be getting a club like Dinamo to stump up more then we paid for Buttner!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kryogen wrote: »
    Are we giving Ed a bit of credit for his work so far this window considering the bashing he has received right up until a couple of days ago?

Best of the lot has to be getting a club like Dinamo to stump up more then we paid for Buttner!

That deal must have been done in the dark :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

we sold buttner for a profit, announced today. Vidal tomorrow I assume!
    we sold buttner for a profit?? jaysus agent ed could sell sand to the arabs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

we sold buttner for a profit?? jaysus agent ed could sell sand to the arabs :D

Hopefully he can sell Ashley Young to some Arabs with more money than sense :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

DM-ICE wrote: »
    To be honest Sanchez will have his pick of a number of clubs, he won't end up at Anfield because Barca want Suarez, he would only go there if he wanted too. Same for United, Arsenal, Juve whoever put up decent money he will pick the one he wants to go to if Barca are stupid enough to sell him.

EDIT: sorry I didn't realise the same point was already made

Ah but this eloquence was missing. Barca really shouldnt be sellin him

thelad95 wrote: »
    Hopefully he can sell Ashley Young to some Arabs with more money than sense :P

I actually don't mind seeing what Van Gaal does with Young on the field, he is versatile enough that maybe Van Gaal can get something out of him

Edit: ffs ref I am definitely going to be done out of my cards bet in the world cup game, 3 fouls same player less then 5 minutes no booking.

Foul from behind now, continuous fouls, no cards. Get it sorted ref

A 50M bid for Kroos and if they accept take away a 0 in the cheque and see what happens..

play the game Ed;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

No chance. He bought a player for his buy-out clause fee and spent £30m on an 18 year old, I'd trust the receptionist at Carrington be able to do that.

If he can bring in Hummels or Vidal I'll be impressed though.:)

(The Buttner sale is good but it's not much more impressive than when we sold Zoran Tosic to CSKA Moscow for £8m stg.)

Ì'm just so happy that mitch is happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A 50M bid for Kroos and if they accept take away a 0 in the cheque and see what happens..

play the game Ed;)

I know there are reports from Spain that we are still in the mix for him, but I just can't see us going for him after signing Herrera. Next midfielder bought will be one to add bite to the midfield, imo.

I know there are reports from Spain that we are still in the mix for him, but I just can't see us going for him after signing Herrera. Next midfielder bought will be one to add bite to the midfield, imo.

ya we need a Vidal type player more now

Zico wrote: »
    No chance. He bought a player for his buy-out clause fee and spent £30m on an 18 year old, I'd trust the receptionist at Carrington be able to do that.

If he can bring in Hummels or Vidal I'll be impressed though.:)

(The Buttner sale is good but it's not much more impressive than when we sold Zoran Tosic to CSKA Moscow for £8m stg.)

So, club dont sign players in positions needed. Eds fault. Boo Woodward.
    Club signs players in positions needed. Meh, no credit due whatsoever. Boo Woodward.

At least its fair I suppose.

I reckon we will move for Vidal, and than have a player like De Jong as a backup target should Vidal stay at Juve or go elsewhere.

Box to box dynamic beast of a midfielder?

403766_199748980117960_257591724_n.jpg

Covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

So, club dont sign players in positions needed. Eds fault. Boo Woodward.
    Club signs players in positions needed. Meh, no credit due whatsoever. Boo Woodward.

At least its fair I suppose.

If he's doing his job right, we should never hear his name mentioned.

He should be a ghost, who just makes players appear and disappear at the managers request.

Covered.

Really wanted ando to do well :(

Not quoting that huge pic btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

it is noticable that Woodward hasn't been present at the presentation of the two signings we have made - Bobby Charlton being rolled ot for it.

Wonder if it is simply he wasn't available, or that he is purposely keeping himself out of the spotlight, at least for the moment.

He should be a ghost, who just makes players appear and disappear at the managers request.

How come you only started posting here (very) regularly recently? you've been a member of soccer for age, seem fair into utd as well.

not suggesting anything btw mods before i get accused of anything.

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Covered.

Yes, Anderson goes from one Box of Chocolates, to another Box quick enough.

it is noticable that Woodward hasn't been present at the presentation of the two signings we have made - Bobby Charlton being rolled ot for it.

Wonder if it is simply he wasn't available, or that he is purposely keeping himself out of the spotlight, at least for the moment.

Busy waiting at the departure lounges in brazil?

Oh you've had a tough time and now you're out, here's a big wage offer to cheer you up. :):D

• Advertisement

I reckon he struts out to Vince McMahon music if he pulls of a Vidal or a Kroos, arm draped over their shoulder

zerks wrote: »

don't particularly want us signing a young CB.

We need an experienced defender to replace the two we have lost, imo.

Yes, Anderson goes from one Box of Chocolates, to another Box quick enough.

Well with ando you never know what you're gonna get.

If he was doing his job right, he would have brought in players to fix the problem we have at CM and LB.

Oh, he did.

I would like to see an older cb signed, doesnt have to be top class. Needs to be a talker and a leader though imo with good big team/game experience

• Advertisement

Well with ando you never know what you're gonna get.

One day it's the Lindt's, the next it's the Lily O'Briens.

I would like to see an older cb signed, doesnt have to be top class. Needs to be a talker and a leader though imo with good big team/game experience

PL experience would be nice as well. Who'd make that, verbal leader good enough to play and xp in pl?

Vermalean, lescott, jagielka?

Shouldn't be a bank breaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Only 90 minutes until the back pages are online,be interesting to see who we are linked to there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Older CB with PL experience?

Jonny Evans lads

in terms of a more experienced CB my first choice would be Benatia.

We have been very strongly linked, in Spain, to Miranda - would be a great buy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Lads

We are gonna sign Arturo Vidal. It's written in the stars.

We've gone from head in the sand "everything's grand" madness to identifying where we're weak and addressing it.

The Van Gaal era will be glorious.

Picture the scene in 2020 - Us singing "we won it 6 times"...

I think I just came a little from the Rodriguez goal, one of the most satisying bets I have won in quite a while :)

Mad to think we have been linked to him for years and he is still just 22

in terms of a more experienced CB my first choice would be Benatia.

We have been very strongly linked, in Spain, to Miranda - would be a great buy.

I agree with both, but the money being spoken about for Miranda is excessive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

BrPoXCBIAAAYzaQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think I just came a little from the Rodriguez goal, one of the most satisying bets I have won in quite a while :)

Goal of the tournament.

• Advertisement

I agree with both, but the money being spoken about for Miranda is excessive

yep - €30million for a 30 year old is big big money. According to Sporting Witness, the view in Spain is that the personal terms have been agreed and that United/Miranda thought a bid of ~€20million would have been enough, but At.Madrid looking for the full buyout.

De Gea
    Rafael Jones Hummels Shaw
    Herrera Vidal Kagawa
    Mata Van Persie Rooney

I am seriously excited about next season!

Miranda would be a great buy

I disagree. Too gangly and awkward and not funny at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wonder if Rooney fancies a stint living on a boat in Monte Carlo.

Since FutureGuy didn't say it...

We are not signing Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbh, I think De Vrij is good enough that he'd be an immediate improvement on what we have.

Only defender with PL experience that I'd like would be Lovren. Subotic, Hummels, Benatia or Howedes would be ideal outside of that

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

James Rodriguez is the winger we should be after.
    Future ballon dor winner in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A 22 year old millionaire going back to Monte Carlo after being possibly player of the tournament at the World Cup, imagine how much tail he's going to get :pac:

No way he moves

I disagree. Too gangly and awkward and not funny at all.

totally disagree, would be a fantastic to see in a United shirt.

[URL="http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/miranda-kerr-at-a-commercial-photoshoot-in-new-york_11.jpg]Perfect[/URL]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

He would have been the perfect replacement for Ronaldo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement