Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Watching the match on rte,
    Said rvp wasn't taking his break after the World Cup and going to be captain.

Talking through their hoops or was it confirmed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

There was a story about that in the Mirror or one of those rags so thats where they're getting that story from.

He will take a break. Just a matter of how long a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Was it not Louis Van Gaal who said he wasn't taking a break after the World Cup???

Not sure if RTE have that correct but its a strange statement from RVP if it is. Especially the captain bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Did yer man on RTE say we have had an 8mill bid accepted for De Vrij?
    Have I missed something or are they talking crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Now RTE saying that United have made an £8m bid for De Vrij

statto25 wrote: »
    Did yer man on RTE say we have had an 8mill bid accepted for De Vrij?
    Have I missed something or are they talking crap?

Again, there just talking about stories in the tabloids. That one from Corriere dello Sport. Did I see someone saying that Dutch media are reporting that story today?

GSPfan wrote: »
    Was it not Louis Van Gaal who said he wasn't taking a break after the World Cup???

Not sure if RTE have that correct but its a strange statement from RVP if it is. Especially the captain bit.

In the Mirror story they were saying 'friends' of RVP were saying he won't take a break. If LVG had said it surely they would have quoted him instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pro. F wrote: »
    RVP also missed some awful chances in the last few seasons.

I didn't say that Chico was anywhere near RVP, as a striker. I'm not disagreeing with you on that. I'm disagreeing with your assertion that RVP tends to score when he's playing poorly at a any significant rate more than Chico does.

Every striker misses bad chances, but from what I have watched the last few years I would fancy RVP to score a goal playing poorly then Chico.

Even take Arsenal game at home. RVP got 1 chance and buried it.

For me Chico body language alone can suggest when he having a off day and I can remember more RVP goals playing poor then Chico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

TheTownie wrote: »
    There was a story about that in the Mirror or one of those rags so thats where there getting that story from.

He will take a break. Just a matter of how long a break.

Ah ya he would have to take a break. Was just wondering was it confirmed he was captain.

He probably will be, would make a good captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

True. Manchester United is a nothing club really. Why would anyone want to play for us?
    Really can't for the life of me understand why players like rooney, Rvp, mata, shaw, Herrera, Rafael, de gae came to old Trafford. Idiots.
    :)

Pathetic response - if you couldnt see my point, but we are talking about is u one of the best if not thy best central midfielder in Europe. We have always found it difficult even in Fergies years to rival the big 2 in Spain for a continental player, we have no champions league. And when offering contracts - do you believe we are gonna blow the petrol dollars out of the water.

Realism

Please name the last time a continental player choose us over Spain's big 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It would be crazy for the likes of RVP not to take a break after the World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Pathetic response - if you couldnt see my point, but we are talking about is u one of the best if not thy best central midfielder in Europe. We have always found it difficult even in Fergies years to rival the big 2 in Spain for a continental player, we have no champions league. And when offering contracts - do you believe we are gonna blow the petrol dollars out of the water.

Realism

Please name the last time a continental player choose us over Spain's big 2

Grow a sense of humour, will you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Kagawa wrote: »
    Now RTE saying that United have made an £8m bid for De Vrij

I thought I heard that too! Just jumped on to the usual sites and nothing about it???

Jumped the gun again I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

It would be crazy for the likes of RVP not to take a break after the World Cup.

Not that crazy considering the amount of time RVP missed through injury in the last few months, he had a lot of time off back in Holland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Can't see him being a lifer, eventually Real or Barca will come calling & chances are he will wish to return home

he'll never join real hes a hero at athletico theres banners dedicated to him still hanging

Barca i thought would look to him to replace valdes

i can only see him going to athletico tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

NTMK wrote: »
    he'll never join real hes a hero at athletico theres banners dedicated to him still hanging

Barca i thought would look to him to replace valdes

i can only see him going to athletico tbh
    Barca have already found a healthy replacement in Marc-Andre ter Stegen. Like you said yourself Real would have no hope of signing him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Barca have already found a healthy replacement in Marc-Andre ter Stegen. Like you said yourself Real would have no hope of signing him.

Nothing should surprise us when it comes to football.

Alan Smith, Paul Ince and Cesc Fabregas are just a few who spring to mind.

In the Mirror story they were saying 'friends' of RVP were saying he won't take a break. If LVG had said it surely they would have quoted him instead.

Look at the link below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10933985/No-rest-for-Manchester-United-manager-Louis-van-Gaal-after-World-Cup-even-if-Holland-reach-final.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Sneijder's been muck in the Netherlands match. If that's what can be expected from him when the chips are down then I'm glad United never got him.

GSPfan wrote: »

Sorry, misread your post. Thought you were saying LVG had said RVP won't be taking a break.

• Advertisement

Sneijder's been muck in the Netherlands match. If that's what can be expected from him when the chips are down then I'm glad United never got him.

I'd be more worried that LVG persists with a player like Sneijder whos been pretty muck in all the matches and obviously especially muck today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

I'd be more worried that LVG persists with a player like Sneijder whos been pretty muck in all the matches and obviously especially muck today.

Kuyt as well.

Strange to take Van Persie off when you need a goal.

Feeling a bit better about LVG appointment now :)

Sorry, misread your post. Thought you were saying LVG had said RVP won't be taking a break.

There's an RvP story in the Star and a LvG story in the Telegraph with pretty similar stories about them not taking holidays if they reach the final.

Doesn't look like it'll matter at the moment. They could be going home today.

Edit: delighted i jinxed it. Come on the Dutch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

go wan the dutch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Hehe :D

You were saying...? ;)

Well then... I suppose we should stop second guessing the Iron Tulip.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Scholes like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Great goal but sneider still been poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I was going to say earlier, 10.on him to bang in a free kick!

Always happens!!! Ha!!! He may have saved them but overall point stands he's been muck!

• Advertisement

You were saying...? ;)

What a player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Jinx!

I'm the FutureGuy of goals lads. Let it be known.

Well then... I suppose we should stop second guessing the Iron Tulip.

If our arm chair criticism of LVG during games results in goals for Utd next season I'll take one for the team god damn it!

yessssssss
    ssssssss
    sssssss

Defo penalty. Marquez you looney what were you thinking.

LVG really has instilled a hard crafting team, that never say die.

God I cant wait to see him at utd

Looks like LVG won't be starting work tomorrow at OT!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

LVG with a great substitution. Again.

• Advertisement

Itv were saying why take off RvP and bring on Huntelaar when you are chasing the game and he has an assist and a goal now. Van Gaal the genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Alex Shaw ‏@AlexShawESPN 1m
    Last minute goal and contentious penalty pissing off loads of people.

Think MUFC will quite like LVG.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Delighted with the result but so so cruel for mexico

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Good subs and switching of players from Van Gaal.

The Iron Tulip!

Very United like late comeback by the Dutch !

Robben made the most of that penalty, bit of a theatrical dive. Still delighted for the Dutch though!

• Advertisement

Looking at the set up for the knock out rounds, I could see the Dutch playing Belgium in the semis, for a place in the final against Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

To be honest I think lvg could surprise is this coming year I'll be throwing 20 on United to win the league as per usual. Something fergiesque about lvg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I wish Dirk all the best at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

can't see LVG being available for United until the week after the WC ends. They'll make the semis, so it will be the last saturday or sunday they make it to.

Make my year to see the Dutch winning it all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement