Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Headshot wrote: »
    Make my year to see the Dutch winning it all.

Are you Dutch?

If not, you must have had an incredibly **** year :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

can't see LVG being available for United until the week after the WC ends. They'll make the semis, so it will be the last saturday or sunday they make it to.

He will meet up with the team in America I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Every striker misses bad chances, but from what I have watched the last few years I would fancy RVP to score a goal playing poorly then Chico.

Even take Arsenal game at home. RVP got 1 chance and buried it.

For me Chico body language alone can suggest when he having a off day and I can remember more RVP goals playing poor then Chico.

"Even the Arsenal game" is still miles short of proving your point. You're still just talking about the odd game you can think of off the top of your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pro. F wrote: »
    "Even the Arsenal game" is still miles short of proving your point. You're still just talking about the odd game you can think of off the top of your head.

Which is still more then what you provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Doesn't seem to be afraid to make the big decisions during a game. Caaaaaaaaaaaassaant waaaaaaaaasssit !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Robben made the most of that penalty, bit of a theatrical dive. Still delighted for the Dutch though!

And if he hadn't made the most of it he wouldn't have gotten the penalty. Even in this game there were examples of stonewall penalties not given because the player didn't go to ground.

I don't blame Robben in the slightest, he did what he had to do. Marquez stood on his foot, it was a penalty, Robbens dive was just him trying to get his due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Reports on Twitter is that Hernandez has handed in a transfer request

(I realise 90% of my posts are twitter related and I am very sorry :p)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Understandable.

Let him leave with our best wishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not taking the defeat at all well then. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Pissed with LVG for knocking him outta the world cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I wish Dirk all the best at United.

Are we supposed to know who you are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Our year, defeated in his cause

Ta. I'm sure he'll return in a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

adox wrote: »
    Not taking the defeat at all well then. :pac:

If true the timing would make sense. Make the decision before the World Cup, give agent instructions to act on once the World Cup is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

He could have left it a day or two so it didn't look like an emotional decision.

...if that's true.

(I really f@cking hate twitter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Van Gaal showed that he isn't afraid to bench a star player for the good of the team. Could Wayne be quaking in his boots? He might be destined for the bench again, or at best a place on the wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Anyone here on sportsyapper? If so what do you make of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Do you need to? Did my post infer you ought to? How odd.

Sorry, my post might have sounded a little snappier than it should. But posters repeatedly change their usernames around here so you have no idea who you're dealing with. Even worse when its mods. Even if a sig said "formerly poster x", it'd be something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Barca fan?

How odd.

You said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Although I see Indykaila has tweeted about Chico and the transfer request so it may not be true :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sorry, my post might have sounded a little snappier than it should. But posters repeatedly change their usernames around here so you have no idea who you're dealing with. Even worse when its mods. Even if a sig said "formerly poster x", it'd be something.

My guess would be he was Our Year until a few days ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Stefan de Vrji who plays for Feyenoord is rumoured to be linked with us and, according to reports from various sources we've already made a bid for him believed to be in the region of 8 million but speaking of which, Holland were lucky to win that match today with a slightly weak defence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Rumour we're in negotiations for carvalho. Circa £35M.

• Advertisement

35m would be way better off put towards Vidal

Barca fan?

I think he's gone now.

Someone must have left a window open. Is there anything missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Don't be annoying yourselves with Vidal hopes and rumours because that is one transfer that is not going to happen. Not a chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Don't be annoying yourselves with Vidal hopes and rumours because that is one transfer that is not going to happen. Not a chance.

Aim for the stars and we might reach the sky...

We're signing Messi...I can feel it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Tis your man who always has the inflammatory/banter usernames

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Aim for the stars and we might reach the sky...

We're signing Messi...I can feel it

Aim 4 d starz n u mite reech d ski. Lyk iv u no dis feelin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

35m would be way better off put towards Vidal

But since it is extremely unlikely we will be getting Vidal, getting into discussions with alternatives is prudent wouldn't you agree?

I don't for a second think the club will pay £35m for William but he is certainly a viable alternative to Vidal with the current midfield options.

kryogen wrote: »
    But since it is extremely unlikely we will be getting Vidal, getting into discussions with alternatives is prudent wouldn't you agree?

I don't for a second think the club will pay £35m for William but he is certainly a viable alternative to Vidal with the current midfield options.

Indeedy, I don't think they'd pay that price either, from the rumours on twitter, we're not looking to pay that at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Apologies if this was posted already, a good article on why united went for Herrera this summer and didn't go after fabregas again

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/06/27/4916219/the-dossier-why-herrera-makes-more-sense-than-fabregas-for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sigmundv wrote: »
    Van Gaal showed that he isn't afraid to bench a star player for the good of the team. Could Wayne be quaking in his boots? He might be destined for the bench again, or at best a place on the wing.

Or the exit door?

I live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

Good article, well written.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

J. Marston wrote: »
    Or the exit door?

I live in hope.

I wouldn't be sorry to see him go at least to see the back of his agent Paul Stretford. Twice he's held the club to ransom for ludicrous wages. Could easily get 20-30m for him and free up 10m+ a year in wages. As for who would pay such figures is anyones guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Would Moyes had the stones to replace RVP when chasing the game in the last 16 of the World Cup? No chance. LvG will be a breath of fresh air. Players will be working really hard to keep on his good side. Even the superstars. It'll be like having the old boy back in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hernandez has requested to leave United, not surprising at all. Will be a brilliant signing for someone this summer; will score goals for fun as a first choice striker. Hopefully we sell him abroad, don't want him causing us problems domestically.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

hernandez has requested to leave United, not surprising at all. Will be a brilliant signing for someone this summer; will score goals for fun as a first choice striker. Hopefully we sell him abroad, don't want him causing us problems domestically.

He would tear Spain apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

why hello juve have you met our part swap for arturo?? you can call him chico for short ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If this is at all true which I won't believe until it's confirmed then I'd sell him to the highest bidder and if it was say Spurs or Everton I'd be delighted cause i'd get to see him score against all our rivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

This is why its bollix
    Portuguese website zerozero.pt report on Sunday evening that Manchester United representatives are in Lisbon to thrash out a deal for Carvalho, a highly rated defensive midfielder.

they dont need to do that when there is video conferencing and so on

Mr_Red wrote: »
    This is why its bollix

they dont need to do that when there is video conferencing and so on

you dont think it is possible that reps of top clubs might meet in person to discuss deals?

you dont think it is possible that reps of top clubs might meet in person to discuss deals?

I believe it would be less common in massive clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Mr_Red wrote: »
    I believe it would be less common in massive clubs.

Ah here. Business deals are won and lost on a personal connection. If United are conducting most of their deals from start to finish on video conference then we are fooked.

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »
    Ah here. Business deals are won and lost on a personal connection. If United are conducting most of their deals from start to finish on video conference then we are fooked.

I never see the players we actually sign where our reps are spotted in the location.

every time is see it its a bullsiht story. ( My opinion )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement