Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Mr_Red wrote: »
    I never see the players we actually sign where our reps are spotted in the location.

every time is see it its a bullsiht story. ( My opinion )

I know you dont see it but I'd be absolutely shocked if any deal is completed without a club representative travelling to either the club or the player to have a face to face talk.

If you are right then it explains why we don't close deals cause that is a fundamental of business and especially the Sales business.

Gill and Fergie were pictured with Abramovich when we were rumoured to be discussing the Mata deal after the Chelsea game. I know that's not an example to prove anything but it does happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Spending almost 90 million on Shaw, Ander, and Carvalho would be a bit mad as I don't think the improvement in the team would reflect the money spent for at least a few years and that's assuming they all improve and start fulfilling potential

If we're happy to spend 30 million on Carvalho the question would be is it worth throwing an extra 20 million and getting someone who is already in the top tier of midfielders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

GSPfan wrote: »
    I know you dont see it but I'd be absolutely shocked if any deal is completed without a club representative travelling to either the club or the player to have a face to face talk.

If you are right then it explains why we don't close deals cause that is a fundamental of business and especially the Sales business.

Gill and Fergie were pictured with Abramovich when we were rumoured to be discussing the Mata deal after the Chelsea game. I know that's not an example to prove anything but it does happen.

I would believe it might happen if paperwork is being signed but i would think 99% of the work is done from offices.

I really dont believe the whole process and negotiations are done in physical presence of each other.

As in lets start the process off my send reps over. For Big players you would need to send the big guns over eg: Fergie and Gill as you listed above. then the papers would mention the names ( Again , just my opinion )

Fergie used to turn up at players houses and invite them to his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Spending almost 90 million on Shaw, Ander, and Carvalho would be a bit mad as I don't think the improvement in the team would reflect the money spent for at least a few years and that's assuming they all improve and start fulfilling potential

If we're happy to spend 30 million on Carvalho the question would be is it worth throwing an extra 20 million and getting someone who is already in the top tier of midfielders

Plus £40 + Nani for Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Can imagine Ed doing this wTmtOGb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Samaras. Free Agent. Decent man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

In the guardian that we were offered James Rodriguez for 5m and then signed Bebe a few weeks later :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

im sure they have setups like this in most large clubs
    videoconferencing-room-set-up-tips.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Neeson wrote: »

Wrong thread :pac:

Mr_Red wrote: »
    I would believe it might happen if paperwork is being signed but i would think 99% of the work is done from offices.

I really dont believe the whole process and negotiations are done in physical presence of each other.

As in lets start the process off my send reps over. For Big players you would need to send the big guns over eg: Fergie and Gill as you listed above. then the papers would mention the names ( Again , just my opinion )

Fergie used to turn up at players houses and invite them to his house.

I believe that if the deal is completely straight forward and a club wants to sell and a player wants to move then its possible a face to face meeting never happens.

But in the case of say a player like Carvalho who's club does not want to sell and we may need to convince him to come to us then 100% of the time there would be face to face meetings between club and player reps.

So while I do agree it can be done over the internet I disagree with your reason for the Carvalho story being rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Arent you the Lee Cattermole fan?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Maybe we could get one more year out of Bellamy?

Maybe we could get one more year out of Bellamy?

We are short at the back and Rio Ferdinand is clubless at the moment. No brainer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

We are short at the back and Rio Ferdinand is clubless at the moment. No brainer.

Personally I'd go for Anton...he was always the better player.

And Paul Terry, brother of John. I used to love those BBC vignettes around FA Cup 3rd round time about their "who'll score more goals" rivalry.

And if Van Gaal really wants to know about Manchester United, he could do a lot worse than hire United great Jordi Cruyff as his assistant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tumblr_lq50sfaoYk1qigwp8o1_400_large.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You're only giving him what he wants lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I hear LVG is seeking a Dutch midfield enforcer to add some bite. I reckon it's Edgar Davids. On a free as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id say big Ed does the deals over snapchat :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Id say big Ed does the deals over snapchat :P

Just sends the them dick pics to intimidate them

For 10 million we could have this 4-3-3

Schwarzer in goal

Arne Riise, Rio Ferdinand, Diego Lugano, Ashley Cole

Ryan Giggs Gareth Barry and Cattermole (10 million spend)

Eto'o, Bendtner & Samaras Up front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

DM-ICE wrote: »
    For 10 million we could have this 4-3-3

Schwarzer in goal

Arne Riise, Rio Ferdinand, Diego Lugano, Ashley Cole

Ryan Giggs Gareth Barry and Cattermole (10 million spend)

Eto'o, Bendtner & Samaras Up front

Harry_Redknapp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Harry_Redknapp.jpg

Brilliant haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Just sends the them dick pics to intimidate them

Id say he keeps the dick pics for SedgyFergo :L :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If Real go for another Galactico style signing in James Rodriquez I reckon Di Maria or Isco would be on the move. If so it might be good to see De Gea have a word and get Isco in before one of the other English clubs go for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

DM-ICE wrote: »
    If Real go for another Galactico style signing in James Rodriquez I reckon Di Maria or Isco would be on the move. If so it might be good to see De Gea have a word and get Isco in before one of the other English clubs go for him.

MOAR NO10s !!!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I know we United linked with every dutch player but earlier on people were saying how much they don't want Kuyt to join. Don't understand all the hate he gets, works hard and gives his all for the whole game. He's a menace for defences and has some pride in playing, which is more than can be said for some of the players we have.

Don't expect him to sign with us at all, just papers linking every dutch player with us (though I do believe we will sign at least one dutch player), but I don't understand all the criticism he was getting when it was mentioned.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I know we United linked with every dutch player but earlier on people were saying how much they don't want Kuyt to join. Don't understand all the hate he gets, works hard and gives his all for the whole game. He's a menace for defences and has some pride in playing, which is more than can be said for some of the players we have.

Don't expect him to sign with us at all, just papers linking every dutch player with us (though I do believe we will sign at least one dutch player), but I don't understand all the criticism he was getting when it was mentioned.

Whens the last time you seen Kuyt play at club level?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

bmcc10 wrote: »

About 12 years ago by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kuyt is a poor man's Kevin kilbane.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

IrishIrish wrote: »
    About 12 years ago by the sounds of it.

The last time I've seen him playing in club level would have been around 2 years ago. Not counting one or two matches that I was bored and watched because can't judge him off just one or two.

I'll put my hand up and say I don't religiously follow the Turkish football league, but from what they write about him and from his stats it doesn't look like he's been too shabby. And for his country he has always given his all too.

I'm not advocating we sign him or anything I just think the criticism he gets seems a bit unjust. Whenever I've watched him play he always has given his all and has been a threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Blatter wrote: »

Who calls some one a wheeler and dealer to their face? It's like saying "So 'Arry, you've made a name for yourself as a bit of cant!" How'd he expect that to go? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

At the rate we are being linked with dutch players I can see the headline for next month "Manchester united prepare bid to buy the Netherlands"

The last time I've seen him playing in club level would have been around 2 years ago. Not counting one or two matches that I was bored and watched because can't judge him off just one or two.

I'll put my hand up and say I don't religiously follow the Turkish football league, but from what they write about him and from his stats it doesn't look like he's been too shabby. And for his country he has always given his all too.

I'm not advocating we sign him or anything I just think the criticism he gets seems a bit unjust. Whenever I've watched him play he always has given his all and has been a threat.

You don't follow the Turkish league? Your a joker.

Ah i'm only joking, Doubt too much are criticising Kuyt just the fact he's been linked with United is stupid, clearly past his best and at that he still wouldn't have been good enough, I'm sure you wouldn't find too man Liverpool fans saying a bad word about him he give everything anytime he played and is one of there more likeable players this past few years, Was gradually getting worse at Liverpool in his last season, Still managed a goal against us though he had a nack for that, I'd say right about now Turkey is his level.

You don't follow the Turkish league? Your a joker.

Ah i'm only joking, Doubt too much are criticising Kuyt just the fact he's been linked with United is stupid, clearly past his best and at that he still wouldn't have been good enough, I'm sure you wouldn't find too man Liverpool fans saying a bad word about him he give everything anytime he played and is one of there more likeable players this past few years, Was gradually getting worse at Liverpool in his last season, Still managed a goal against us though he had a nack for that, I'd say right about now Turkey is his level.

Yeah by no means do I think we need or will get him, just papers ran a rumour about it and from what I saw here and elsewhere most people were ripping him apart saying he's awful and that..think a bit of the history has something to do with it!

Although I had money on the Dutch today I was hoping they'd lose so VG would come to United and we might see some more transfers ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

kryogen wrote: »
    Tis your man who always has the inflammatory/banter usernames

Andy Carroll?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Chicharito has submitted a transfer request at Manchester United. [via martha guerra ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Agree about Kuyt. I'd have Cattermole play any position before Kuyt. Kuyt is poor. Very poor. His good days are gone.

He was a fine player mind. He has lost a yard of pace in the last few years. He is lacking in guile. When he played for Liverpool he flung accurate balls onto the boot of a teammate with consummate ease. Not so much nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Twitter reports saying Kroos to Real Madrid and strong interest in Sanchez from Utd. Rob dawson men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

apparently we turned down James Rodriguez 4 years ago.....price was 5 million :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Twitter reports saying Kroos to Real Madrid and strong interest in Sanchez from Utd. Rob dawson men

de Vrij for 8m?

Sanchez for... ?

Nani + Cash for Vidal?

Depay for ...?

Surely we're not in for them all? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

MagicIRL wrote: »
    de Vrij for 8m?

Sanchez for... ?

Nani + Cash for Vidal?

Depay for ...?

Surely we're not in for them all? :eek:

My, pure guess, is that if all the links are true (and they could be ****e) that it is simply that United are working on multiple targets at once, so that if the first choice falls through we have a second (or third) target in place to sign, rather than starting from scratch.

For example, I would say Sanchez is a first choice target, with Depay backup.
    Vidal first choice with Kheidera/De Jong as back ups.
    Hummels as first choice, Vermalen as backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

LIES

Marca going with the Kroos news that is on twitter, say fee will be €25M to €30 million, 5 years at €5 million per season.
    Wage seems low compared to what United would offer if interested.
    The speculation is United are willing to pay Vidal a salary upto €13 million a year.

So is United planning on buying three midfielders?

Herrera plus Vidal and Carvalho?

Carvalho
    ---Vidal
    Herrera---

If it happened it would be huge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

RobertKK wrote: »
    So is United planning on buying three midfielders?

Herrera plus Vidal and Carvalho?

Carvalho
    ---Vidal
    Herrera---

If it happened it would be huge...

It would be one of best midfield in Europe and that's what we always had a strong engine room!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

FutureGuy!!!!!!

You're needed here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

llbpv.jpg

Could a formation like this work if (and I know its a big "if") Vidal was bought? I know it lacks wide men but I'd love to see Rooney and RVP play up front with Mata behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

With Chile now eliminated you'd hope anything to do with Sanchez and Vidal would happen quicker now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Italian media running with Vidal would prefer a move to United rather than Madrid.

FUTUREGUY GET TO IT.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement