Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

bangkok wrote: »
    well Fabregas to Barcelona was a lower price as Arsenal had gotten him from barca in the first place, so to was pique back to Barca from man utd, its a kind of mutual repect between clubs when they get players on the cheap or free and are going to sell them back at a big price

Again, I dont think theres any mutual respect in football. Teams have a price, either match it or f**k off.

I mean if Pogba is sold and PSG, City, Real, Chelsea and Utd are all in and the bid is circa 60million, if Utd dont match it Juve will sell to the highest bidder, not because they got him for free and knock a few million off the price fro Utd, I just cant see that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Al Capwned wrote: »
    tbh the sight of him dominating the middle of the pitch, and holding a Premier League trophy over his head would get rid of that fairly quickly. Not that I think there would be any sense of embarrassment in any case if it were to happen.
    To be honest though, I wouldn't have any faith in that... short term. He doesn't dominate the midfield in Italy, with superior support to what he would have here, against weaker opposition. Vidal and Pirlo do near all of the dominating for that Juve midfield at present, and while he will probably be an amazing player down the road, he is a bit of a luxury player at this point in time.

He also has a lot of maturing to do, both on and off the field; his performance against Ecuador is a good example of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Again, I dont think theres any mutual respect in football. Teams have a price, either match it or f**k off.

I mean if Pogba is sold and PSG, City, Real, Chelsea and Utd are all in and the bid is circa 60million, if Utd dont match it Juve will sell to the highest bidder, not because they got him for free and knock a few million off the price fro Utd, I just cant see that happening.

but like another poster said, if pobga wanted the united move over all other that would affect the price as well.

and theres other terms that come into it as well, a pre season friendly in the far east could be a big draw for a team like Juve.. United have huge draw all over asia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

well Fabregas to Barcelona was a lower price as Arsenal had gotten him from barca in the first place, so to was pique back to Barca from man utd, its a kind of mutual repect between clubs when they get players on the cheap or free and are going to sell them back at a big price
    All we need now then, is to get Pogba either a) deemed somewhat surplus to requirements or not guaranteed a starting place as with Pique, and/or to actively begin campaigning for his return to Old Trafford over an extended period of time with his international teammates and to the extent where he would take a pay cut, ala Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

but like another poster said, if pobga wanted the united move over all other that would affect the price as well.

and theres other terms that come into it as well, a pre season friendly in the far east could be a big draw for a team like Juve.. United have huge draw all over asia

His agent said no move is ona nd hes happy at Juventus theres also the not signing of a contract 2 years ago due to not being given a chance at Utd.

I'd be very surprised if he ended up at Utd TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I absolutely love British papers.

Did little to squash the rumors of his departure

Actual quote "I'm going to take a holiday with my family to relax and come back stronger then before"

I'm in the wrong business. I actually consider myself more articulate then most journalists operating today, and sure I can very much intentionally misread stuff and misinterpret quotes.

In a nutshell, I could be REALLY bad at my described employment, and get all paid trips to world cups, champions league games and domestic games.

I've missed a trick here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

GavRedKing wrote: »
    His agent said no move is ona nd hes happy at Juventus theres also the not signing of a contract 2 years ago due to not being given a chance at Utd.

I'd be very surprised if he ended up at Utd TBH.

yea me too, cant see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Rule #1

If a transfer rumour suggests a player being used in part exchange, it's instantly bull****. You can tell this by the fact rarely in the history of ever has a player in part exchange taken place.

Nevermind the fact the part exchange offerings are so blatantly a journalist thinking " o they need a striker, ow and they have a striker they could get rid off, PART EXCHANGE YO"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Fabregas to Barca was a lower price because Fabregas forced the move, refusing to train etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Papers in Portugal and here are saying that United have made contact enquiring about William Carvalho. Seems if Vidal deal doesn't happen this is the next option. Interesting but hard to decipher what's legitimate transfer news in the papers now with us linked with everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Genuinely think the Vidal links are all agent rumours to increase his earnings potential. Much more likely are Kroos and Carvalho signings, and they would be excellent signings.

Also mean a few current players will be shifted out fairly promptly.

Genuinely think the Vidal links are all agent rumours to increase his earnings potential. Much more likely are Kroos and Carvalho signings, and they would be excellent signings.

Also mean a few current players will be shifted out fairly promptly.

Yea I expect a few to be sold when VG meets up with the United team for the pre season tour. Most likely the midfield will be stripped. Think Valencia, Nani, Anderson, Cleverly, Young and Fellaini might be causalities (although I have a feeling VG will like the sort of player Fellaini is and keep him).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Yea I expect a few to be sold when VG meets up with the United team for the pre season tour. Most likely the midfield will be stripped. Think Valencia, Nani, Cleverly, Young and Fellaini might be causalities (although I have a feeling VG will like the sort of player Fellaini is and keep him).

Valencia just signed a new contract didn't he? It'll be hard to find a taker for Young on his current wages. I'd expect to see Nani and Cleverly moved on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Lukker- wrote: »
    Valencia just signed a new contract didn't he? It'll be hard to find a taker for Young on his current wages. I'd expect to see Nani and Cleverly moved on though.

Cleverly could go out on loan. Nani looks to be getting the chop, Valencia got a new contract so can't see him leaving.

Cleverly could go out on loan. Nani looks to be getting the chop, Valencia got a new contract so can't see him leaving.

The fact Valencia can play right back if needed might make him more valuable to VG too, and true forgot he signed a 3 year contract recently, should be safe so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I would go all out to sign Vidal but i think it is unlikely. I would not let it put us off other players like Carvalho. Getting both would be unreal but if we picked up Carvalho now and Strootman in January we would be in great shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Adamocovic wrote: »
    The fact Valencia can play right back if needed might make him more valuable to VG too, and true forgot he signed a 3 year contract recently, should be safe so.

Valencia has played rb a few times. But he certaintly can;t play rb he is hopeless their i will be annoyed if i see him their again.

I would happily take any one of Kroos, Vidal or Carvalho. After the purchase of Herrera, Vidal would be my own personal choice. Before the purchase of Herrera, it would have been Kroos.

It looks like we are definitely after one more midfielder immediately, with the additional possibility of Strootman in January. To think that we are one more transfer away from having a strong midfield for the first time in years is hard to believe, 2 away from having one of the best MFs in the league, that's Randy Marsh gif territory right there.

Who will suffer? There's Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini, Fletcher and Anderson. Yes we need squad options, but surely if we acquire one more first team MF player, at least one of those players need to go. It's not as if we have the European games to rotate the players and give them all minutes. Plus after the 'first team spinning wheel' that was last season under Moyes, I would love to see LVG nail down a regular first 11 as soon as possible in the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Honestly feel like Carrick is done, never been a huge fan of his, would be happy to see him moved on. Anderson has one foot out the door, not sure how his loan spell has went as he seemed to have been a sub quite a bit. I'm fond of Fletcher and his ability to take the ball and drop it out to the wings sharpish, but if his health is still poor then he's taking up a position another player could make their own.

Cleverly is poor, doesn't seem to offer a lot, I would give him a season on loan though, as his confidence was utterly shot to pieces. Can't have felt good to see an actual petition made and signed by many to keep you out of the international team.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

Kroos looks like he's off to Madrid. Can't see us getting Vidal, but I'd absolutely love to have him. I know very little of Strootman and Carvalho, but I'd say they have to be much better than cleverly, Anderson and Carrick. I think two of them will be sold, probably keep Carrick at this stage, who's going to want him at his age really. I also think young has to go, and maybe Nani. I think LVG will like fellaini, he can be big and rough and a nuisance. I think he'll like fletcher too if he's fit, he could be like Kuyt for holland. Another centre mid and a good winger and we'd be set for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Kroos was the one to get for age and value with a running down contract but it looks like he wants to go to Real.

Vidal would expensive but I consider the questions raised re his age to be valid. For his position the money talked about (here anyway) it doesn't quite add up to a must have imo when United don't actually have a Champions League to go for this season (Now if he was bought I would be delighted and wouldn't give a monkeys about the money but hear me out).

To spend that kind of money (50 mill as mentioned here since last night) and get that type of player you are thinking of maximising results immediately to get the best from the investment. Without Champions League this season maybe it would make more sense to go for a younger player, the next Vidal or a player of similar age that is available at a cheaper price?

The Premier League doesn't require that level of investment to win imo and is more about a strong squad that can get goals.

So with that in mind some short term signings or younger players might make sense and go all out to get guys like Hummels and Strootman next summer.

Of course all the above can be ignored if the top players can be bought cheaper or United have the funds to go wild this summer and go again next summer (they should have it but tbf since January 100 million euro was spent!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I haven't seen much of Vidal so not sure where he fits in but if Utd happened to sign him, where would he fit in? Could he play alongside Herrera in a 2 man midfield or would they need a DCM sitting.

_______ DCM ________

__ Vidal __ Ander __

_______ Mata _______

_ Rooney __ RVP ____

Personally if it is the system above, I would be slightly disappointed. I know people will say Rafael and Shaw will provide the width but I like wingers.

The ideal player for me is someone who can play alongside herrera in a 4-2-3-1, so is Vidal that player?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

pogba scored :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

In fairness it was a simple goal he scored. Saying that though, he has been excellent in the match.

If Chelsea sign him I will be devastated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hococop wrote: »

Wrong thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm in the wrong business. I actually consider myself more articulate then most journalists operating today, and sure I can very much intentionally misread stuff and misinterpret quotes.

I doubt you could manage it in less than 500 words though.

Wrong thread?

no just hate the fact how we let him go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hococop wrote: »

Nothing to frown about, the keeper handed it to him on a plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Marca saying that Kroos has reportedly signed a 4 million a year deal with Madrid

I can't see Vidal fitting in at Bayern and if Madrid are out it could leave just the English clubs in for him

Marca saying that Kroos has reportedly signed a 4 million a year deal with Madrid

I can't see Vidal fitting in at Bayern and if Madrid are out it could leave just the English clubs in for him

75 k a week? Odd that's what he is on at Bayern,

• Advertisement

I think he was on €70k a week at Bayern and that new contract is just under €100k

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

ESPN are going with Juventus want at least £45 million for Vidal and United is Arturo's preferred option.

45 million is feck all considering what we've paid for Shaw and Ander, I'd even add another 10 million to that to seal the deal. We aren't going to get a better midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RobertKK wrote: »
    ESPN are going with Juventus want at least £45 million for Vidal and United is Arturo's preferred option.

Give them 50 million and dont look back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Keep talking, baby. I'm almost there.

:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I am sure ol Miguel is well informed by Vidal of what his intentions are and what Juve want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Read the article - basically Miguel covers all bases.

As usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Keno wrote: »
    What ever happened to Le King?

He just closed his account iirc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

If Vidal signs for United...Holy F..k

He is the perfect player for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

£30m plus Nani for Vidal and we've a deal

*dreams*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-united-in-juve-talks-for-vidal-email-bid-acceptable-it
    Turin based newspaper Tuttosport explain on Monday that Manchester United have been showing the most interest in Arturo Vidal. The Chile international has been on most-wanted lists for months and a transfer which at one stage looked impossible is opening up a bit.

Chelsea and Arsenal are also credited with interest but it's Manchester United who have shown more of it, through contact with both the midfielder and his current club.

Despite the contacts, Tuttosport say there has been no offer. Juventus are waiting for a bid from Manchester United and doing that by email is acceptable explain the newspaper. They are willing to sell Vidal, a position that is becoming more obvious by the day, and they want a big fee for him.

I hope all this is true...will keep it at the hope stage, believe stage is when it is confirmed...

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-united-in-juve-talks-for-vidal-email-bid-acceptable-it

I hope all this is true...will keep it at the hope stage, believe stage is when it is confirmed...

I wonder why they are stalling in making a bid? (if this is true)

And of course, we are not signing Arturo Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This Vidal business has a smell of Kross off it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hook, line and sinker again.

Headshot wrote: »
    This Vidal business has a smell of Kross off it again

It's smells so lovely, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i refuse to believe vidal is joining

mainly cause i dont want to be hurt again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

sky88 wrote: »
    i refuse to believe vidal is joining

mainly cause i dont want to be hurt again

United very rarely buy the finished article, LVG rarely buys the finished article.

I would go with your belief to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

worth a lot more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Vidal is one of the best midfielders on the planet... if United get him it's a game changer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

nani could very well be paramount in juve talking to us re vidal. if we paid 45 and gave juve nani would be great business imo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement