Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

While I agree with some posters on here not wanting to buld their hopes up due to the fiasco that was last summer, if Juve want to sell we should buy him. Easily 4-5 years of a great midfielder who will work wonders for us. And if we don't buy, Chelsea or Arsenal will gladly snap him up which is worrying for us. I'd gladly have United shell out the money for him to get him and with him and Herrera really would make our midfield a lot better! Like we could go from a terrible central midfield to a very good midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Its not happening lads :(

67a8af222e0fd3908a1585384893e311.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

kryogen wrote: »
    United very rarely buy the finished article, LVG rarely buys the finished article.

I would go with your belief to be honest.

RVP, Mata and dare I say it...Fellaini were the finished article when they joined.

It is impossible to know though what is actually going in and what will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

kryogen wrote: »
    United very rarely buy the finished article, LVG rarely buys the finished article.

I would go with your belief to be honest.

If we're using the closest comparisons in Barcelona and Bayern, Van Gaal has probably bought near enough the same amount of the finished article type as unfinished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

nani could very well be paramount in juve talking to us re vidal. if we paid 45 and gave juve nani would be great business imo

I rate Nani even though I see his a polarising figure on this forum. I reckon LVG could get the best out of him.... but if there is a hope of getting Vidal ye would be mad not to go all out to get him..

45m + Nani would be great Business..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Awe bless! Reminds me of the 14 year old me being convinced that Zidane was joing Liverpool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

nani could very well be paramount in juve talking to us re vidal. if we paid 45 and gave juve nani would be great business imo

That would be equal to paying 55-60m for him! 45 is already a lot more than he's worth and giving up one of the few players in the team with real pace would be silly at that price. I've said it before, United can't afford these type of spending sprees every season, spunking that much on Vidal, even if he is in the top echelon (I wouldn't be 100% convinced on this) would be a bad investment imo. LVG could probably find 2 young gems for that price. There is top quality out there, Vidal is not the be all and end all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Awe bless! Reminds me of the 14 year old me being convinced that Zidane was joing Liverpool!!

You do realise that Zidane is retired? When are you 15? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Liam O wrote: »
    That would be equal to paying 55-60m for him! 45 is already a lot more than he's worth and giving up one of the few players in the team with real pace would be silly at that price. I've said it before, United can't afford these type of spending sprees every season, spunking that much on Vidal, even if he is in the top echelon (I wouldn't be 100% convinced on this) would be a bad investment imo. LVG could probably find 2 young gems for that price. There is top quality out there, Vidal is not the be all and end all.
    uniteds midfield would be transformed to possibly strongest in europe over one transfer window... worth every penny imo but i agree lvg could get a couple of gems for that kinda money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

RobertKK wrote: »
    RVP, Mata and dare I say it...Fellaini were the finished article when they joined.

It is impossible to know though what is actually going in and what will happen.

Right, so its rare.

• Advertisement

It depends what the budget is... personally i think he changes the dynamic of yer midfield. ye have plenty firepower, the defence could be upgraded but Vidal makes a huge statement and for me could be the difference for challenging for the title or not..

nothing wrong with investing in young players with potential but if there is a slim chance of signing Vidal I think United would be crazy not to go all out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Who was Zidane playing for at the time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

You got "the new Zidane", Bruno Cheyrou, so all's well that ends well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

You know things are going well, when a bitter pool fan comes in to attack without any apparent reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

giphy.gif

He feels it guys, we're on our way back

uniteds midfield would be transformed to possibly strongest in europe over one transfer window... worth every penny imo but i agree lvg could get a couple of gems for that kinda money

If it's to prevent Chelsea or Arsenal getting him then fair enough but given there's no European competition this season it's the perfect chance to bring in 2 or 3 more young-youngish players and have them play with Herrera, Shaw, Jones, Evans, Mata, Januzaj, Kags or whoever else in the under 26 crew so they can all reach their potential in 2 seasons or so. By then given his style of play and position Vidal could have a myriad of injury problems and only a couple of good seasons left. I want this window and Van Gaal's reign in general to build for the years after he leaves, not just these 3 or 4. Buying a couple of 20-24 year olds will do that. Not sure about a 27 year old who already would have a lot of miles on the clock.

cant wait for normal service to be resumed here and on facebook :D

If it's to prevent Chelsea or Arsenal getting him then fair enough but given there's no European competition this season it's the perfect chance to bring in 2 or 3 more young-youngish players and have them play with Herrera, Shaw, Jones, Evans, Mata, Januzaj, Kags or whoever else in the under 26 crew so they can all reach their potential in 2 seasons or so. By then given his style of play and position Vidal could have a myriad of injury problems and only a couple of good seasons left. I want this window and Van Gaal's reign in general to build for the years after he leaves, not just these 3 or 4. Buying a couple of 20-24 year olds will do that. Not sure about a 27 year old who already would have a lot of miles on the clock.
    i agree tbh but no way could we allow a rival sign him it would be disastrous tbh. still think last season was 90 % down to moyes tactics cant wait to see lvg in control tbh

You know things are going well, when a bitter pool fan comes in to attack without any apparent reason.

Is this aimed at me?

I don't think my comments were stirring the pot... I think Vidal is a class act and would be a huge statement of intent..

I probably have alot to learn but I certainly was not being bitter towards ye..

• Advertisement

0028673 wrote: »
    Is this aimed at me?

I don't think my comments were stirring the pot... I think Vidal is a class act and would be a huge statement of intent..

I didn't even realise you were a Liverpool fan :p I'm sure it was directed at redzerdrog.

Is this aimed at me?

Obviously not, considering I quotes the pool fan in question as part if my post.....

Can you imagine how much more dangerous the likes of RVP, rooney, Mata would be with Herrera and vidal playing behind them.

apologies never saw the quotation...

I've only recently starting posting in this forum and there was me thinking what am I after doing :D

apologies never saw the quotation...

I've only recently starting posting in this forum and there was me thinking what am I after doing :D

No worries. Yours was a good post.

ah heyor I would not go that far..

But yeah it's easy to be a fan of Vidal's, the man is a warrior..

As a matter of interest who are the journos that are reliable sources for United?

For liverpool imo it's James Pearce, Tony Barrett or anyone from the BBC.. Everything is else is just BS..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Neuer reminding me earlier why I'm so glad we have de Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

kryo picked up a red in the suarez thread lads :mad:

say what you want about him for the month :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Neuer is doing very well though.....

Germany's back line are often on the half way line. Similar to Bayern last season. Leaves horribly exposed when opposition break with a bit of pace.
    But he also seems to want to be the centre of attention. De gea is the better keeper. And cooler too. ;)

For what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bloody hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

So if Kroos goes to Madrid, who might they have spare..
    Don't think we can get Vidal and hasn't been a mention of Bastian in ages :)

Germany's back line are often on the half way line. Similar to Bayern last season. Leaves horribly exposed when opposition break with a bit of pace.
    But he also seems to want to be the centre of attention. De gea is the better keeper. And cooler too. ;)

Not quite yet to be fair....
    He will be though.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

For what?

Two footed lunge, studs showing.

when he returns we will be awesome vidal vidal vidal...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Did he suggest they should sign Cattermole, Bellamy, and Liam Neesum? Oh wait that's cool and the gang to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

he got a red

for that??:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I wouldn't swap De Gea for any other keeper on the planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

While it's always tempting to sink your teeth into a juicy topic, I just wouldn't bother with that thread. Because any participation there is bound to come back and bite you. I'd prefer to be a lone Wolf and stay clear, rather than end up in the doghouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lost of lots of good posters during this world cup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So if Kroos goes to Madrid, who might they have spare..
    Don't think we can get Vidal and hasn't been a mention of Bastian in ages :)

Khedira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'd maybe swap him for Courtuois myself beside that nobody else.

Nor would I. But that's not to say he's better (right now) than the others.

He is outstanding now, really very good, and I'm his biggest fan. But I'm also a realist. The original post said Neuer was showing why that poster was glad we have de Gea. Neuer is playing bloody well tonight imo. He may be a bit unorthodox at times, but for me he's the best in the world right now.

Until Dave takes over from him, that is.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I'd maybe swap him for Courtuois myself beside that nobody else.

Nope. Courtois might be a shade better but it wouldn't be worth the heartache for a slight upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Neuer is a great keeper reminds me of Kahn with that sort of unpredictable side. Not afraid at making crazy decisions and to be fair to him they work out most of the time.

When we were linked with him when he was with Schalke I desperately wanted him to join, but saying that I've become a huge fan of De Gea and think he's one of the best keepers in the world.

Delighted we have him, if it wasn't for him last season would have been even worse....as hard as that is to imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

he got a red

for that??:eek:

Scary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Forum is a bit of a disgrace if thats a red.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I would hate to see anyone getting themselves in bother for discussing cards :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Khedira

Would we want him tho...
    Presume Verratti too much like what we have?

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I would hate to see anyone getting themselves in bother for discussing cards :(

1400419395950.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement