Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

Had a nightmare that I had travelled back in time to exactly one year ago today!

article-2352198-1A99D0E8000005DC-707_634x471.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

would love if we sold Ashley young to spurs or someone, cant stand him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

bangkok wrote: »

Tell him to fúck off down to 'ncle 'arry for a tastey wage packet to continue doing sweet f-a.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

zorro2566 wrote: »
    312938.jpg

Had a nightmare that I had travelled back in time to exactly one year ago today!

Did you post this an hour and a half ago, delete it, and then post it again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Did you post this an hour and a half ago, delete it, and then post it again??

I think it was posted twice, his time machine is ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The BBC reporting that Keano will join Villa as assistant manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'd give him away for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thats the most sensible thing that you have said :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Apparently Spanish papers are saying United are "going strong" for Sanchez, whatever that means, they then go to say he wants to stay at Barcelona or join Arsenal, but if those don't happen United is the next choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Tell him to fúck off down to 'ncle 'arry for a tastey wage packet to continue doing sweet f-a.

I could actually see this happen if Van Gaal deems him surplus to requirements. QPR have no problem spending big on wages and no doubt Rio can big him up.

Really, Really, really hope he is on his way!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Jan Hagen @PortuBall
    Machester United prepares a bid for William Carvalho. Sporting wants €30m for their gem. [Record]

That's a good deal IMO. 24 Million pounds for him isn't that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This must all be bad news for Carrick,Fletcher, Fellaini and Cleverly.

I simply assume Anderson is a goner at this point. I'm not entertaining any "fresh start" for him, had his chances and didn't take them, need to get him off the books.

So that leaves us at present with Carrick,Fletcher, Fellaini, Herrera, Cleverly. If it is a 4-3-3 as potentially suggested that means you have the likes of Valencia, Yougn, Janujaz and Nani also jossling for a spot in that middle three.

While it's great to see the signings thus far, and potential others, I think we also need to make a move on a bit of a clearout.

That squad is massively inflated for the season we are going to undertake...massively inflated.

Now is the perfect time to clear out the sub standard players, it's the perfect excuse. It's a rare occurance that we ever sell a player for profit, so that really isn't a concern or issue. IF we are selling, it's because a player simply isn't good enough for our standard, so we normally take a hit.

I'm somewhat concerned we might not take the chance to clear out some high earners who are serial under performers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

...and James Ducker still going with United pulled the plug on adeal for Kroos.
    James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 57m And still a bit baffled why LvG pulled plug on Kroos deal when #MUFC were so far down the line on it. But then he knows what he's doing!

Maybe he rates Carvalho higher and believes he is getting Vidal????

Sees Carvalho as a far more effective central defensive midfielder?

Anyone reckon LvG might want to train with the players before making a decision on who to cut loose? Or would he have a fair idea already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Anyone reckon LvG might want to train with the players before making a decision on who to cut loose? Or would he have a fair idea already?

I think he has a fair idea, but will wait until he's met them all before starting Operation: Fiscal Jackhammer

• Advertisement

We've already offloaded Macheda, Rio, Giggs, Vidic and brought in Herrera and Shaw. 4 out, two in.

More to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

RobertKK wrote: »
    ...and James Ducker still going with United pulled the plug on adeal for Kroos.

Maybe he rates Carvalho higher and believes he is getting Vidal????

Sees Carvalho as a far more effective central defensive midfielder?

Don't think Kroos would be up to much in a defensive capacity. He's fabulous with the ball at his feet, though.
    If we're going for a defensive midfielder, then Carvalho would be a very good shout. I rate him highly (for what that's worth) and it would be good business to get him for the reported fee of £24M.

Now, if we got him and Vidal... that would be really something special.

ddg
    ----Smalling---Evans
    Rafeal
    Shaw
    Carvalho

---Vidal
    Herrera----
    Mata

---Rooney
    RVP

That eleven could compete with any team in Europe.

looking more and more like kroos is going to end up at Madrid. cant believe LvG pulled the plug on that deal, we had him for 24m!!! would have been the closest player to scholes we could have signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Don't think Kroos would be up to much in a defensive capacity. He's fabulous with the ball at his feet, though.
    If we're going for a defensive midfielder, then Carvalho would be a very good shout. I rate him highly (for what that's worth) and it would be good business to get him for the reported fee of £24M.

ddg
    ----Smalling---Evans
    Rafeal
    Shaw
    Carvalho

---Vidal
    Herrera----
    Mata

---Rooney
    RVP

Wouldnt be confident with that defense TBH,

Smalling is a lost boy,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Jan Hagen @PortuBall

Quote:
    Machester United prepares a bid for William Carvalho. Sporting wants €30m for their gem. [Record]

That's a good deal IMO. 24 Million pounds for him isn't that bad.

I'm always sceptical when I see that phrase. What the hell is it all about???

Hello Mr Sporting, we want that player.
    Yeah he's €30m.
    Ok, we will just go off and prepare a bid.
    Why can't you just tell me your bid now?
    Nah, you mad? We have to go and get it prepared but tell everybody we are on our way with a bid, you know like journalists and stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

looking more and more like kroos is going to end up at Madrid. cant believe LvG pulled the plug on that deal, we had him for 24m!!! would have been the closest player to scholes we could have signed

If Real Madrid wanted him, no you didn't.

Hummels with Evans could be very solid. de Vrij with Evans could also work. I don't think Smalling & Jones will be at the club next season. One of them defineately, but not both. I reckon one goes and a youth player comes up for cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

We'll take your word for it over several reliable journos then, why not sure.

ddg
    ----Smalling---Evans
    Rafeal
    Shaw
    Carvalho

---Vidal
    Herrera----
    Mata

---Rooney
    RVP

Kroos can play CDM but don't think he would be happy there, so maybe that is why LVG put a stop to it, because he has Vidal in the bag and Carvalho wants to join too????

I do think we will sign three midfielders, Louis probably watched enough of United to know he can make big changes so he doesn't have to suffer from depression by having to watch the midfielders from last season again.

I wonder if he will get rid of Anderson, Cleverley and Fletcher and keep Fellaini, Carrick and bring in Powell.

Yes that is some team, but if Reus is leaving Dortmund, United must fight for him and I would have him instead of Rooney.

real are only in now as we are no longer, isn't it common knowledge that he preferred the move to united??

We got rid of Moyes too soon :p

Seems like you're confusing United with Arsenal. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Re: the jersey from the last page - it's just a copy of this one with a button on it.

5375722_20130610100303.JPG

Nike spend how many millions a year on designs? Come back Umbro, all is forgiven!

Depends how much attention he has been paying to United, and if he has been doing any indepth work while in Brazil, which I don't think he is.

I'm not sure if he is a guy who makes all the decisions himself, or if he has trust in the team he works with. I'd imagine he might get a few words on who to cut lose form coaches and assitants, up to himself what he wants to do. Although I'd be worried considering the selections Giggs made whilst in charge.

If the club have indicated they dont need to tirm the wagebill then he might hang on until January before cutting people lose. Although regardless of how endless the coffers are, it would be a much easier handling of a squad that doesnt have people sitting on a bench, who feel they should be playing first team football.

I guess I'd make the grave assumption that you don't need to be at Carrington everyday to see the poor players in the squad that really arn't making the grade.

Seriously at this point Young must be absolutely sweating bullets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

TheDoc wrote: »

Seriously at this point Young must be absolutely sweating bullets.

Im sure he can wipe the sweat off his brow with some of his hundred pound notes in his wallet hes earned over the last few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im sure he can wipe the sweat off his brow with some of his hundred pound notes in his wallet hes earned over the last few years

Last few Hours more like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Ashley Young earns over £700 per hour. That is based on his reported wages of £118k per week.

Try wrapping your head around that without getting angry.

Quandary wrote: »
    Ashley Young earns over £700 per hour. That is based on his reported wages of £118k per week.

Too late.
    fbsmsh.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Quandary wrote: »

Jesus that's around 5,600 pound while he sleeps! Wait, let's add another 1050 onto that per week, he doesn't seem to be awake on the pitch most of the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Jesus that's around 5,600 pound while he sleeps! Wait, let's add another 1050 onto that per week, he doesn't seem to be awake on the pitch most of the time!

Or 11 pounds to attend nature call (assuming he can finish it off in 1 min)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

He didn't pull the plug. Kroos was never interested and the pulling the plug line is so that we don't appear weak in the transfer market. Saving face basically.

He didn't pull the plug. Kroos was never interested and the pulling the plug line is so that we don't appear weak in the transfer market. Saving face basically.

How do you know this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just got to believe in what LVG does, the man knows what he's doing.

I would of liked Kroos but if LVG thinks otherwise, so be it :)

barcastuff @barcastuff

Zubizarreta (sports director): "Pogba, Vidal rumours? We know both players well, but they're not on our list, we have midfield covered."

So, if this is to be believed, Barca aren't in for Vidal. Real seem to be on the verge of signing Kroos. The list of major competitor's for Vidal's signature is shortening. (That's if he moves, of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I am more inclined to think we were told me had no chance of getting Kroos in first place rather then LVG.

Just a theory

Headshot wrote: »
    Just got to believe in what LVG does, the man knows what he's doing.

I would of liked Kroos but if LVG thinks otherwise, so be it :)

If he turns Cleverly into a useful midfielder he deserves a knighthood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I am more inclined to think we were told me had no chance of getting Kroos in first place rather then LVG.

Just a theory

Could well be the case tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Wouldn't be surprised if Van Gaal turned Kroos down, he knows what he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Could well be the case tbh

Just to expand on why I think this might be the case

1. I really dont think we are in a position to not try and buy one of the best players in the world.

2. the figure for fee and wages dont seem out of reach

3. We have went too far imo to just "opt out" and move on.

I could be wrong, but I think it makes no sense for us not to get a player anyteam would have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

1. Not signing James Rodriguez
    2. Playing Fabio and Park Ji Sung in central mid and leaving Pogba on the bench - meaning Pogba decided to leave
    3. Giving us David Moyes

The greatest manager in the history of the game but he was only human after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

kstand wrote: »
    1. Not signing James Rodriguez
    2. Playing Rafael and Park Ji Sung in central mid and leaving Pogba on the bench - meaning Pogba decided to leave
    3. Giving us David Moyes

The greatest manager in the history of the game but he was only human after all.
    Fix that for you.

Just to expand on why I think this might be the case

1. I really dont think we are in a position to not try and buy one of the best players in the world.

2. the figure for fee and wages dont seem out of reach

3. We have went too far imo to just "opt out" and move on.

I could be wrong, but I think it makes no sense for us not to get a player anyteam would have.

I'd want to see a pretty special plan next season to validate not pursueing Kroos to sign.

I don't think anything we are being linked with or have signed is better. I appreciate that there is a certain plan and specific requirement when you sign a player, that it has to slot into a system etc. But Kroos is a relatively versatile CM, that can operate from deep or from advanced.

If he does go to Madrid the only thing I can hope is that it doesn't work, like it doesn't for so many that go there, and we get him on the cheap.

But he does appear to be a natural succesor to Alonso, and the Madrid fans seem more appreciative of players who are precise and controlling, rather then blistering sporadic entities of excitement.

Who knows, he's young, might not work out at Madrid for him and plenty of time for him to grace OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Kroos going to Madrid as is on the cards opens the door for Vidal to Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Di Maria wants out of Madrid apparently. Should make a move for him great on the wing and decent enough in the middle.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement