Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

ElChe32 wrote: »
    to make sure the grounds are filled when we play there?

The United Vs Real game sold out in no time at all and its a huge stadium. So, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Rooney taking the lead acting role again aye

Did you see the wine advert on MUtv? Worst attempt at acting, ever! So cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Did you see the wine advert on MUtv? Worst attempt at acting, ever! So cringeworthy.

they should redo that add every time we make a signing, and announce them that way; 'They say he is.... ANDER HERRERA!'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

5vdtcF.jpg

Doesn't look like there will be any surprises with the jersey anyways, you just have to look at the collar under the current jersey at the end in the video and it's the same one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I did watch real madrid regularly, in the league and the cup, not just in the champions league, so please don't make any more "obvious" assumptions.

So you claim to have watched him regularly and then made those disparaging remarks about him earlier? Sorry, I'm just not swallowing your claims there. Because you'd have to be wearing blinkers to not see how brilliant he was for Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Giggs still kitted out... Uh oh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Rooney taking the lead acting role again aye

After his staring role in this

We can count ourselves lucky he hasn't be snapped up by Hollywood :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

That ad never fails to make me laugh. In fairness to them Evra and Giggs actually come off fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

Why would Vidal sign for a midtable team with a manager who hasn't won a trophy in 4 years anyway....

We aren't a mid table team. We've finished top four or won the league for, I dunno, 22 years in a row excluding last season, and won the champions league twice. Liverpool missed out on top 4 6 times since 2002. So ya, Vidal would be signing for a club who will be competing for the most competitive league in the world, pretty much every year and with a proper manager, we'll be competing in Europe too. And you say that as if he's been managing a club. What trophy could he have won last year with the Netherlands? And the end of your sentence has one too many dots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Alright, who has gone and broke the sarcasm detectors?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

My uncle on the Belgium v USA game:

"Fellaini's managed to string two passes together. Jesus, there's another one!"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

user2011 wrote: »
    Alright, who has gone and broke the sarcasm detectors?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

KH25 wrote: »

Id say the rest of the squad took one look at him in training and said to themselves 'this Moyes guy hasnt a clue'. Probably when the rot started.

On the world cup, everyone is raving about it, is it just me but I cant help feeling its not all that. Some good games but not one stand out side on it. Lots of average sides giving each other a run for their money. Bit like the PL actually.

Lastly bring on Jan, I've 240 quid riding on these Belgium clowns!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

So you claim to have watched him regularly and then made those disparaging remarks about him earlier? Sorry, I'm just not swallowing your claims there. Because you'd have to be wearing blinkers to not see how brilliant he was for Madrid.

You don't have to swallow anything! I just gave my honest opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Mirallas would be a huge improvement on the wingers we have now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KH25 wrote: »

It was probably Witzel he saw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fell is ****ing dire

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Yep, he's absolutely gash here. Offering nothing, zero positional sense, can't pass for shíte and a lazy as sin to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Fellaini did well as a deeper midfielder the season before his last one for Everton, think after that season was when Arsenal and Chelsea started being linked

He's been muck in that position in the World Cup and the few games he played there for United overall

Hopefully his overall performance in this world cup puts to bed the defense used by many on here that he needs time, is a different player for Belgium blaa blaa blaa, he's shocking.

Only the Iron Tulip can save him now, a LVG conversion job to centre half is his only hope!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Fellaini is beyond saving. He is a terrible footballer and should never have been signed by Manchester United. £28m...Jesus Christ. Unbelievable.

With the confidence this run generates and another couple of years experience in the bank this Belgium team will be a serious proposition in the next euros and world cup.

On another note is Klinsmann Wenger s love child? ! Spitting image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

How the **** did we end up with Fellaini? Time to write off as bad debt, cut our losses, sell him and be done.

He's about 6'2 and he still can't win a header. I thought he might play with a bit more confidence or composure for Belgium but he's just not up to it, simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

That's the bit that pissses me off about him.. Ok, he did not set the world alight in his first ( difficult for everyone) season for us, but given his size he could not even manage to shield a ball or win a header... Was over at the Munich home match and could not believe how easily he lost the ball...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

How the **** did we end up with Fellaini? Time to write off as bad debt, cut our losses, sell him and be done.

He's about 6'2 and he still can't win a header. I thought he might play with a bit more confidence or composure for Belgium but he's just not up to it, simple as.

He's 6'4"

And can't win a header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Fellaini is lolbad. Dembele must be raging on the bench.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

He reminds me of myself after a few pints being asked to play the last 20 minutes for a mate's team in Bushy Park. Try and rough people up. Show zero skill and just make a nuisance of yourself.

Unbelievable that he plays for United. Getting £28m for the guy was like getting the same for some magic beans and a cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Fellaini is a poor mans Niall Quinn and playing in the wrong position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Tell the manager of Belgium how bad he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Trade Fellaini for that Yedlin kid from the usa, so impressed with him this world cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Tell the manager of Belgium how bad he is.

Have his number handy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Vermaelen next to Fellaini there, time to be a sports journalist and say its a done deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Vermaelen next to Fellaini there, time to be a sports journalist and say its a done deal

Fellaini to Arsenal? Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Trade Fellaini for that Yedlin kid from the usa, so impressed with him this world cup

He has played about 20 mins before tonight, he was impressive when he came on but he is not worth the 5 million we could get for Fellaini from Tony Pulis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Go on Ed!

BrTqC4XCUAAJTOo.jpg:medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

A good thing that could have come out of the game tonight with Fellaini is LvG was probably watching and should be on the phone to woody ordering him to get another cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

New kit is being released on the 7th of this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Fellaini is lolbad. Dembele must be raging on the bench.

Dembele is one of the most overrated players in England. He is so bad positionally and definitely plays like someone who has spent the majority of his career trying to bulldoze players up front, as he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

Fellaini is a poor mans Niall Quinn and playing in the wrong position.

Harsh. He has more to his game than Quinn. His 'failure' at utd is not entirely his own fault. Especially as he has been played out of position, which is hardly up to him , is it?

• Advertisement

The summer transfer season seems to be really kicking into gear now, if rumours are to be believed anyway. Hopefully United are amongst the best of it.

Sanchez, Di Maria, Vidal, Hummels would be the star names I'd like to see us make a real effort for (not saying we should buy Di Maria AND Sanchez, one would be great!). After that there are a name of players I'd be happy enough with. Next few weeks could be exciting. I would imagine there are a couple of positions United would like to hold off on until LVG sees the team in training - he might want to take a look at Valencia, Young, Nani for example - but I hope we don't miss out on a player like Di Maria or Sanchez cause we are hoping for a miracle from Nani, Young or Valencia.

I reckon the Barca move for Suarez will kick a few moves into action, so I hope we don't get left behind waiting for LVG. Signing Shaw and Herrera shows that we don't need him in situ to make a signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Talk that Evra could move to Juventus.

Would be surprising if Evra left, would mean we have to add another left back to the transfer wishlist.

It could make sense if LVG decides to bring in Blind, who can play CB, LB and CM.

Still, I would be surprised.

RobertKK wrote: »

I havent seen a lot of France, how has Evra been playing?

Llana was heavily linked to Utd at one point, happy to miss out and see him sign for liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Would be surprising if Evra left, would mean we have to add another left back to the transfer wishlist.

It could make sense if LVG decides to bring in Blind, who can play CB, LB and CM.

Still, I would be surprised.

It is an Sky Sports Italia reporter who is saying this, but he also says United don't want to sell, but it will be upto LVG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Llana was heavily linked to Utd at one point, happy to miss out and see him sign for liverpool?

He's a number 10 isnt he? We have 3 as it is so made no sense to sign him, plus it looks like LVG will go with 3 in the middle with Mata Rooney and RVP upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

RobertKK wrote: »

Give em Evra and Nani and we will take Vidal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Fellaini is our Carroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Deiseboy01 wrote: »

25mill for Lalana is a ridiculous fee. I know Nuri posted and said it's rumoured to be something like 20m rising to 25, but even then, no thank you.

Lalana was the main man at Southampton, which he wouldn't have been at United, so I don't think he would've worked out. Curious to see how he'll play at Liverpool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrBobbyZ

Saw Mark Ogden (Telegraph) wrote yesterday that United have been briefing as many as 6/7 new faces are being targeted, with a bid for Vidal as likely to happen.
    Also believes any number of 10 players could leave (Ferdinand and Vidic included in that number) depending on how successful the recruiting goes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement