Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi en France:

Options
  • 13-06-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Internet question:
    I am renting a house in France during the World Cup with no tv; but it has WiFi.
    (First World Problem I know but nonetheless...)
    (With three boys I have gone from hero to zero on this one!)

Can someone advise me on the steps I could take to watch WC matches online somehow?

I will have an Mac laptop & and an Ipad available; however I do wish to avoid an astronomical bill when I return from holiday.
    I am not technologically advanced in any way so therefore I would very much appreciate any constructive advice on this matter.
    Thanks in advance JF100

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Just a reminder folks that legal suggestions will be welcome, illegal streams or proxy bypass discussion will not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

According to this site: http://www.purevpn.com/blog/where-to-watch-football-world-cup-2014-live/
    http://www.tf1.fr/ will be streaming the WC, (but in French)

removed other link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

RTE are streaming pretty much every game on RTE Player.
    Not sure on the legality of watching RTE in France or if it's geo-locked?

Edit: Just tried through Tunnelbear with a French IP and didn't work so ignore my suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm not into the football, I'm afraid, but I am in France right now, using a wifi - the provider is Orange.fr, the most commone provider here. I will root around for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

No luck yet, I'm afraid - a lot of the matches are being shown on TF1, so you may have access to that. There are illegal streams available, but you can find those easily enough yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭JF100

Thanks Folks. The advice is appreciated.

JF100

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

RTE player? not sure if you can use it outside of Ireland, my missus was watching the Germany match at work

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Considering RTE stream all the matches live online here, surely whoever has the rights over there streams on their site.

So just check which channel the games are on tv on and head to their site; of course commentary will likely be in French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

STEINBERG wrote: »
    RTE player? not sure if you can use it outside of Ireland, my missus was watching the Germany match at work

Its already been said it won't work with a non-irish IP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

is aertv.ie geo locked? That has all the irish channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

syklops wrote: »
    Its already been said it won't work with a non-irish IP.

There are plugins for chrome that can sort that out no problem i use them for
    the BBC player here

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

STEINBERG wrote: »
    There are plugins for chrome that can sort that out no problem i use them for
    the BBC player here

Lets not go there. Read the mod note above :) .

Advertisement