Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to rekindle interest in photography, advice please.

• 13-06-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I am looking to rekindle my interest in photography and am looking to pick up a secondhand film camera.
    I'm looking for a manual easy to use camera on a budget of under €100.
    Any advice would be grateful accepted.
    ~Thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

snollup wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I am looking to rekindle my interest in photography and am looking to pick up a secondhand film camera.
    I'm looking for a manual easy to use camera on a budget of under €100.
    Any advice would be grateful accepted.
    ~Thanks,
    J

I would recommend joining a camera club. A good one will offer lectures, trips and competitions and what kit to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

I would recommend joining a camera club. A good one will offer lectures, trips and competitions and what kit to buy

Thanks for the reply. Am planning on enrolling in the beginners course run by the Dublin Camera Club but not starting up for a while. In the mean time I would like to pick up a camera to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭slowcyclist

Consider joining a photo walk - there are many groups on meetup.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

snollup wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Am planning on enrolling in the beginners course run by the Dublin Camera Club but not starting up for a while. In the mean time I would like to pick up a camera to play around with.

look on adverts, bunch of manual film stuff there, though they're typically vastly overpriced. Argue the seller down by about 50% for most of them and you'll be in the right ballpark at least.

Advertisement