Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shooting in balbriggan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

If he did what theyre saying he did then he deserved it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

...he deserved it
    Nobody deserves to be gunned down in the street. Are you seriously OK with people being executed on the streets of Balbriggan because he was "half as bad as people say"?

That's not the sort of society that I wish to live in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

No. but a relevant question was asked that why had they no fear of witnesses in broad daylight?

why? because they will intimidate witnesses and even if they go to jail, the sentence will be so shockingly bad that they dont fear the justice system at all.

its a J O K E

Also I know who the victim is and I even had a few beers in his company back in the day. I have my own opinions based on that... whilst i would prefer to see nobody killed in balbriggan or indeed in this manner anywhere... if you or your family engage in subversive activity, with subhuman c**ts and act contra to societal norms, you should do nothing but expect this treatment.

A second shooting in north dublin this morning, was unrellated, but involved Gardai shooting at suspects escaping from an attempted tiger kidnapping. 2 men still at large. This is todays society.

As regards am I ok with executions?

Yes. Lawful ones. I voted to keep it in the constitution as we had at least one law which would make criminals think twice about killing unarmed gardai. and I would happily go to a public hanging of the ilk that shot Garda Donoghue. They in particular deserve to be publicly hung drawn and f**king quartered.

Sorry about the language, but my blood is boiling that this has happened in my hometown.

The victim has been named in the Indo as Benny Whitehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

From the Indo report:

"Benny Whitehouse’s brother arrived at the shooting scene shortly after his brother had died and began shouting at gardai, saying: “He was looking for a (bullet proof) vest but ye wouldn’t give him one”.

Says it all, really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

I drop my kids to school most days, obviously around 9am, in Skerries. The amount of people that are around the school at that time, obviously mostly kids. There must have been a load of them to witness this happening which is the scary part for me. Even if they didnt witness it, they must have heard the gun shots

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

it didn't happen outside the school. it was on a completely different street FFS, not a million miles away but not outside either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

there seems to be very little detail about the car involved - considering the time there would have been a lot of people around who may have seen something useful. All I can gather at the moment was that a dark Ford Focus was used and later found in Naul.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Morpheus wrote: »
    it didn't happen outside the school. it was on a completely different street FFS, not a million miles away but not outside either!

I didnt say it was right outside the school, but that picture makes it look a lot farther away than it was. If you were standing outside P&P, you can see where it took place. Im sure there had to be kids and parents around there at that tiime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

• Advertisement

wow sierra - if you have a problem with a post use the report post function. Because someone is a mod of some other forum is irrelevant here.

Keep on-topic please.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

blastman wrote: »
    From the Indo report:

"Benny Whitehouse’s brother arrived at the shooting scene shortly after his brother had died and began shouting at gardai, saying: “He was looking for a (bullet proof) vest but ye wouldn’t give him one”.

Says it all, really

Why would he expect the Gardai (the state) to provide him with a bullet proof vest?

That says as much...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Steo M wrote: »
    <Mod snip - as original post has now been deleted>

Not sure where you live now but I am sure that, like Balbriggan, it has it's negatives and positives. Unfortunately crime, and Gangland crime, is a feature of most places, you only need to look at the situation in Malahide today.

As regards the Whitehouse name - like any big extended family, with many generations, it is a bit unfair to tar the entire extended family with the same brush.
    If you base you're opinion on a whole town or family on one Google search then you are going to come out with a wrong impression.

Balbriggan is a great place to live - and I have lived in a lot of places.

Steo M banned for uncivil comments.

tHB

Stay on topic! Discuss this incident - no problems. Any further slagging off this man's family & the thread will be closed & lengthy bans given.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Why would he expect the Gardai (the state) to provide him with a bullet proof vest?

That says as much...

It's their duty to protect and serve the public, criminal or no criminal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

yes there wrote: »

If the gentleman want's a flak vest he can buy one himself. Plenty of scumbags around dublin wearing them for years.

Do you want the irish tax payer to be buying their amunition and guns for them as well?

Also.....headshot

If the gentleman want's a flak vest he can buy one himself. Plenty of scumbags around dublin wearing them for years.

Do you want the irish tax payer to be buying their amunition and guns for them as well?

Also.....headshot

Jeez calm down on the dramatics a bit will you. I want the Irish taxpayer to shut up about where their taxes are going for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Something tells me that providing military grade kit to members of the public doesn't quite fall under that remit though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

I want the Irish taxpayer to shut up about where their taxes are going for once.

I'm sure that would suit you just fine.
    You're probably on the receiving end of plenty of our taxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Also.....headshot

Why do so many people refer to blackguards as 'gentlemen'??

eg, 'the gentleman who shot the ........'' just does not make sense!

I'm sure that would suit you just fine.
    You're probably on the receiving end of plenty of our taxes.

Only a fool would assume such things based on one or two comments. I don't want to get personal with you as I am a bit more mature than that so I will refrain from engaging in a pointless and detracting mini debate with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Morpheus wrote: »
    I dont know. I cant comment on this as I would definitely be banned for my thoughts and recommendations on how to deal with these f**king people. There's a lot to be said for the old fashioned way of doing things.

I agree.They have the place destroyed.I lived in balbriggan,I know the family personally.Benny was no angel,but nobody deserves that. It wasn't Bennys argument,he was just an easy target.Bravado played a part in his demise. Thoughts are with the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Awhitehouse

All you people Saying that Benny was Scum and that the whole family are scum, let me inform you of the TRUTH not what you read in those papers. Benny was no angel but he was a family man, he was somebodies son, partner, father, brother and uncle, MY uncle. we love him so much, and miss him more. Benny was killed for trying to do the right thing, and he paid for it, his whole family paid for it. Benny had two young children who when there old enough will be told what happened to their dad and they will go searching for information and the first thing that pops up is all of the bad things people say about him without even knowing him!! you people should be ashamed of yourselves!

Awhitehouse - Firstly, I am sorry for your family's loss.

I am a moderator of this forum & can assure you that uncivil comments in this thread have been taken care of in accordance with the site rules. Sometimes discussion can become heated, especially in relation to such activities in our home towns & thoughts of our own personal safety.

If you have any issues, please feel free to send me a private message via the site PM function.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement