Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avonmore

Options
  • 13-06-2014 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm in Rathdrum this weekend so was thinking of having a go fly fishing on the Avonmore (which is all brown trout AFAIK). Now I'm only learning to fly fish but I figure it'll be beautiful spot to practice a bit. Would anybody have any suggestions for flies to buy today before I head off? Maybe I'm wrong but I get the impression there's no angling shop in the village to pick up flies, so I need to get them today really as I'll be getting the train straight down there tomorrow morning.

Also, any suggestions for nice quiet spots to fish? I was thinking of trying upstream of rathdrum in Clara Vale, or else downstream in Avondale Forest Park.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

A few small black spiders are good anywhere
    I'm in Rathdrum this weekend so was thinking of having a go fly fishing on the Avonmore (which is all brown trout AFAIK). Now I'm only learning to fly fish but I figure it'll be beautiful spot to practice a bit. Would anybody have any suggestions for flies to buy today before I head off? Maybe I'm wrong but I get the impression there's no angling shop in the village to pick up flies, so I need to get them today really as I'll be getting the train straight down there tomorrow morning.

Also, any suggestions for nice quiet spots to fish? I was thinking of trying upstream of rathdrum in Clara Vale, or else downstream in Avondale Forest Park.

Thanks in advance. :)

Advertisement