Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk Provisional Driving Licence

Options
  • 13-06-2014 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi

I got a Provisional License application form yesterday for the UK (NI). It seems pretty straight forward but it doesn't request a medical report or a theory test. Does that seem right?

Plus I haven't a passport and it requires I should have one when applying otherwise the photographs must be certified by an 'official person'. What's the best way to get the photos certified? I have a birth cert.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The theory test part is correct - you don't need to do your theory test before getting a provisional licence in the UK.

As for the photos, this can be a bit of a hassle - if you know anyone in the requisite professional fields, ask them to do it for you. Alternatively you may have to pay a lawyer to do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

Fysh wrote: »
    The theory test part is correct - you don't need to do your theory test before getting a provisional licence in the UK.

As for the photos, this can be a bit of a hassle - if you know anyone in the requisite professional fields, ask them to do it for you. Alternatively you may have to pay a lawyer to do it for you.

Cheers Fysh. Any idea how much they will charge for it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Cheers Fysh. Any idea how much they will charge for it?

I don't think there's a flat fee, though I'm sure I've seen £20 mentioned in this context. I know that in some cases you can get a doctor or dentist to do it for you as well, probably for a similar fee.

Advertisement