Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Showing Horse Racing ?

Options
  • 13-06-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone recommend a pub in Kilkenny City that shows horse racing during the day ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Christy's

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

The village inn is also near christys but they are a about a little out of the city, about a 5 minute walk.

The harp bar is on the parade shows it and has a ladbrokes beside it.

Breathneachs on john st might show it but im not too sure. There is a paddy power nearby so it prob does.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Second time I have provided an answer in this forum and received no thanks/reply. Couldn't be arsed anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Second time I have provided an answer in this forum and received no thanks/reply. Couldn't be arsed anymore.

Surely to God you've come across other impolite posters? or impolite people irl? The op in this case has posted twice, last time 9 months ago. About the same subject in Carrick. He didn't thank the reply there either. Clearly not au fait with the internet generally would be my guess, and/or not polite. Seems an odd thing to get worked up over. Your answer will sit there, and some other user might come along with same query and your answer will do him a favour, so it's useful it's there to the wider community on boards. Shame op didn't acknowledge your response but it's no biggie in the grand scheme of things imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

generally people dont thank on forums. no point in getting worked up about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 DJH85

I was also going to post asking the same question? Any other spots since this question was asked previously?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

DJH85 wrote: »
    I was also going to post asking the same question? Any other spots since this question was asked previously?

Thanks!
    Don't know but if tipsy replies with an update be prepared to heap praise and pledge eternal gratitude.

On the north side of town the Nore Bar near Greensbridge might show races if you ask them. It's small pub but they're very sports orientated so if it's quiet they'll probably turn on what ever you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DJH85

catbear wrote: »
    Don't know but if tipsy replies with an update be prepared to heap praise and pledge eternal gratitude.

On the north side of town the Nore Bar near Greensbridge might show races if you ask them. It's small pub but they're very sports orientated so if it's quiet they'll probably turn on what ever you ask.

Excellent cheers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

J.B Burke's across from the railway and Breathnachs on John's Street.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

DJH85 wrote: »

Thanks!

You'd be lucky to find a pub open during the day especially during the week. One place that might (I have no connection to the place btw!) is the Worlds End on John St. It's generally open during the day and the kind of spot that would show the gee-gees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

The Playwright always has it on

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

catbear wrote: »

The "north" side of town..?!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

O'Faolain's shows racing. They also have a Paddy Power odds screen on the wall and a physical PP bookies next door.

Best place I have found in KK for watching the racing. Place is always pretty quiet though if that bothers you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Mankbag wrote: »
    The "north" side of town..?!
    Yes, don't you know, the exclusive northside of Kilkenny where people wash in champaign.

Advertisement