Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispute Resolution Required

Options
  • 13-06-2014 1:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23

Surely i cannot be banned from Posting Because YOUR page does not allow New Posters to post comments that Contain URLS Links ect
    If these where allowed then may statements are Factually Correct
    Even Now i am unable to post the URLS ect that Back up my statements

Yesterday, 23:32
    muffler

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: AT Rep, Donegal
    Re: You have been banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnGrace2007
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muffler
    Dear JohnGrace2007,

You have been banned from Donegal for one week for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

muffler

Moderator Note

Same as before. You are posting so called stats/figure which have no collaboration from independent sources. Im not sure what soapbox you want to use or what you're agenda is but you wont be doing it in sheer defiance of a moderator's instructions.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnGrace2007 View Post
    Wondering if any of our Posters have any views on this little Known Donegal Success Story.

T&G Properties, who acquired the site in early 2007, had developed some 30 acres of the site with landscaped parklands and fifteen detached and twelve semi-detached holiday villas in three discrete cul-de-sacs.
    T&G Properties subsequently appointed a team of consultants to help prepare proposals for an integrated active lifestyle resort, producing a series of market, financial, technical and design studies to inform the development proposals.
    The feasibility work needed to win the support of key stakeholders and secure operational partners.
    The site is a 175-acre area of Sheephaven Bay in County Donegal with private access to two exceptional beaches, which are ideal for a range of water sports and outdoor activities.

The vision for the project was to create “Ireland’s premier oceanfront and active lifestyle resort”

74 holiday villas (sales& rentals)
    Boutique hotel and restaurant
    Adventure Activity Centre
    Watersports Centre
    Beach Café/Bar
    Nature Reserve.
    The business plan document produced was successfully used by the client to support funding applications to the national tourism body, Failté Ireland.

Detailed planning application has been successfully secured and the project is positioned for success.
    Your Page will not allow me to Post any links to Back up what is being Said
    My Sources are as Follows

Both sources are highly accurate and i would be grateful if my post is restored
    Hi,

No, I wont be reinstating your posts or your forum access. I asked you provide the sources with your posts but you didnt.

I should also point out that you cannot quote an article in full due to copyright issues.

You posted financial data concerning an empty store in Letterkeny thus defying the instructions given to you earlier and by doing so you were dragging the thread off topic.

As mentioned in the previous PM you may appeal this decision if you wish.

Regards

muffler
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. We will take a look at this & get back to you.

Hi there.

Can you please forward me copies of all private messages that the moderator may have sent to you regarding the contentious posts.

Thanks,

tHB

Thanks for the PMs. I have also been sent additional information by muffler.

While there was quite some info to review, it boils down to this...

The moderator requested that you refrain from posting further on the topic without up-to-date verifiable backup. He went into quite some detail in his PM to explain why this was needed & also the level of information required.

Simply put, you ignored his request & posted again on the same topic. Of the supposedly supporting links you PM'd him, the colliery.com link didn't work & the Highland radio link was to a report from November last year. (Not exactly current.)

You received good advice & a number of warnings - by PM & yellow card - that you blatantly ignored, therefore I find that the 1 week ban is justified.

Additionally, when your posting privileges are returned I strongly suggest that you refrain from soap-boxing on this topic. If you want to have a go at NAMA, sundry property developers & contractors - start a blog. Boards.ie is a private website & the Donegal forum is not to be used as a publicity vehicle for what appears to be a personal crusade.

Ban stands.

You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

Advertisement