Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Gardens Estate in Bunratty - Directions

• 13-06-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Would someone who knows the area please give me directions to Castle Garden Estate in Bunratty if coming from Limerick or if you can circel it on a map or go to google maps street view and stand at the entrance to the estate and send me the google maps link that would be great - I'm finding it hard to find the exact place at the moment and I need to drive to there this weekend

Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This is the place
    bunratty4.jpg
    card00217_fr.jpg

Bunratty is minuscule either way, there's no way you'll get lost.
    DSC01034.jpg

If you're coming from limerick (bottom right on map), there's only one exit for Bunratty.
    You're coming up the motorway and you see durty nellys and the castle on your right.
    Take the on-ramp for Bunratty and at the top of the ramp take a right. You're crossing over the motorway.

Next you'll get to a junction where you see a petrol station (7 on the map) straight in front of you, take a right here. You're now on a road parallel to the motorway and heading towards the castle.

You'll see Gallaghers Restaurant (its a cottage) and JP Clarkes pub on the left (12 on the map), there is a branch off the road to the left here, bear left here and you'll come right up to the entrance to Castle Gardens. Z(pretty much 9 on the map)

Its on the grounds of the now empty Bunratty/Shannon Shamrock hotel. You'll see loads of concrete bollards and stuff in the carpark.

Advertisement