Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queries for Directors in New Company Start Up

Options
  • 13-06-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all,

My husband and I have set up a small ltd company, he is the proprietary director and I an non-proprietary. I have three questions:-

In order to claim expenses do we need to both register as employees of the company? My husband will be registering as a PAYE employee but I had not intended to do so. Can I still claim vouched / receipted expenses?

The second question is if my husband uses our personal car for a business trip can he claim vouched expenses e.g. petrol, road tax and insurance (receipted) for the proportion of the car used for business use OR is he only permitted to claim mileage at civil service rates?

Third and final question, the company is registered at our rented accommodation and my husband normally works from a home office, 4 days per week. However, two days per week (varied) he travels to work off-site, at the office of an business associate approximately 10 kms away. The company invoices for this work on a monthly basis. Is he entitled to claim 5 hour subsistence rate from the company for this travel?

TIA

Advertisement