Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5k or 10k

• 13-06-2014 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Would running 5k every day or 10k every second day be better for me. My goals are to get and stay healthy/fit.

Thanks

Comments

Can you run 10k easily enough
    I suppose I would alternate
    or do 5k, 10k, and something longer once a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I started c25k in jan. Got up to 10k a couple of weeks ago. Have not hit 10k since though. It wasn't easy. Perhaps do a few 5ks during the week and a 10k at the weekend? I do t want to overdo it to the extent that I may give up!!

Ah if you've only just hit 10k keep that as a weekend long run and do shorter ones during the week, maybe have a hill sprint session instead of one of the 5ks

sprints / 5-7 / 10+ slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

3.5 km one day, 7 km the next and 10km the last day.

Obviously not on consecutive days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

How about rest days? My running days aren't long behind me, but if I ran 5k every day, I'd be fecked.

3-4 a week would be fine if all you wanna do is keep your fitness up. Maybe 1x10k and 2-3x5k. Maybe replace one with (as mentioned) some hill sprints or HIIT. Up to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Cheers folks,

I think I could manage a 5k every eve after work most days. I will try it for a week or two with a longer run at the weekend and see how it goes,

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Use different distances and speeds as well as interval runs to build a faster 10k

Advertisement