Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card

Options
  • 13-06-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I need a credit card, but the only problem is I can only get casual work, any ideas on how to obtain my own credit card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Wk74239 wrote: »
    I need a credit card, but the only problem is I can only get casual work, any ideas on how to obtain my own credit card?

You could get a pre paid credit card but they are kinda pointless since they dont offer 'credit'. You can only use what funds you put into into it. Your visa debit card will do the same thing.

You may get a credit card with a casual job but I'm not betting on it. They will see you as a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Wk74239

mondeo wrote: »
    You could get a pre paid credit card but they are kinda pointless since they dont offer 'credit'. You can only use what funds you put into into it. Your visa debit card will do the same thing.

You may get a credit card with a casual job but I'm not betting on it. They will see you as a risk.

I already have that and need one with credit. You see I'm doing an eBay business where I source goods at wholesale and advertise it on eBay with a small markup, then once customer buys off me I buy off wholesaler and make a small profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Wk74239 wrote: »
    I already have that and need one with credit. You see I'm doing an eBay business where I source goods at wholesale and advertise it on eBay with a small markup, then once customer buys off me I buy off wholesaler and make a small profit.

Does your bank offer a credit card for business users? I'm assuming you already spoke to your bank about your circumstances?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Wk74239

mondeo wrote: »
    Does your bank offer a credit card for business users? I'm assuming you already spoke to your bank about your circumstances?

eBay isn't seen as a business to them.

Advertisement