Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trikes and Sidecars

• 13-06-2014 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Well not both together obviously !! :rolleyes:

I've been thinking about the long term plans for my new long term bike, my Rocket III Roadster. Originally had an idea to turn it into a trike (always loved them) but just today found a Dutch company that make an amazing Sidecar kit for it.

So lads and ladies, have any of you experience with either and what are the pro's and con's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I have no experience of owning either a sidecar or a trike, but I can introduce you to some people next time you're in the Gypsy.

I've a mate who raced sidecars too, and another who has a GXSR 1100 sidecar (shortly to have NOS installed).

I can hook you up if you wish, and both drink in the Gypsy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Toured the balkans on a Ural with a sidecar, definately a different riding experience

A disabled friend of mine has a Boom trike with a hydraulic lift type modification on it for his wheelchair

There's a company in Wales that make custom trike kits for any bike, my mate swears by them

http://www.trikeshop.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.trikeshop.co.uk/triumph.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

My dads owned sidecars for years now. I borrowed one off him last summer. Was good fun. Wouldn't replace my bike with one but would take one as a second vehicle.

If you're in the north west and want to try one out let me know.

Never really seen the point of trikes, all the disadvantages of a bike without the advantages. Whereas the sidecar is a different thing altogether.

The coolest vehicle I've ever seen was a rocket 3 with a chair by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

AgileMyth wrote: »
    The coolest vehicle I've ever seen was a rocket 3 with a chair by the way.

I think thats the way I'll go, it'd be easier to return to standard in the future

Advertisement