Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's it like to go to Cork IT?

Options
  • 13-06-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I'm strongly considering putting CIT down as first option on my level 7 choices as I've heard great things about Cork in general. I'd like to know about the college itself, I think I'd be do a course like business or hospitality studies. So what's the social life like in CIT? Also I've never been to Cork(from Galway) and would probably be staying in digs so if anyone could recommend nice areas close to the college and also close to shops that would be great. Also just any general comments about life in CIT would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

CIT and cork city in general are good in terms of social life etc. The main thing with college is you need to put yourself out there joining one or two of the clubs etc, the students union is very active and host a huge amount of nights out and events throughout the year.

You would ideally want to be staying in the bishopstown /curaheen area, these provide easy access to college, and a direct bus route into city center area.

If you do go to CIT i would suggest ringing the accomodations office once you accept the course, as they have a list of digs and accomodation in the local area but these places fill up fast. If you dont want digs, there are a few different student apartment complexes in the surrounding area such as parchment sq and deans hall etc etc.

Advertisement