Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Vintage Peugeot Road Bike (Early 80's)

• 13-06-2014 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I have had this bike for a few years. It hasn't had much use since I've owned it so the time has come to sell.

I make it out to be early 1980's going on the details I see on http://cyclespeugeot.com.
    The bike is pretty much all original and is running well.
    The paintwork has few chips and marks, as to be expected with a 30 yr+ old bike.
    I have removed some original parts from the bike(listed below), but they are included in the sale.

Bike details:
    Peugeot PH8M Model ('Pioneer Sports Tourer'...I think!)
    Carbolite 103 tubing.
    Frame size is 57cm, I'm 5'11ft and it's almost on the small side for me.(See images for more dimensions).
    10 speed with Simplex shifters and derailleurs.
    Rims are Rigida Chrolux 700c.
    Weinmann brakes.
    Lyotard (136R) pedals.
    Atax stem.
    Original Peugeot saddle.

Extra original parts(not fitted):
    Chrome mudguards and rear rack.
    Dynamo & lights (missing rear bulb cover).
    Bell :-)
    Flat tourer handle bars and brake levers.

Can be seen in Dublin City Center during business hours, otherwise Navan Road direction.Asking Price €170

Any questions..just ask....

Photos:

More photos are available here on photobucket

Peugeot.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm on the lookout for something at the moment and this may suit. I say may because I might be slightly too tall for it at 6'2"? Though i'm sure i'll know straight away if I sit on it. I'm also a little bit restricted at the moment - a broken finger has my whole left hand in a plaster cast for another 2 weeks.

That being said if you have room to negotiate on the asking price I would be willing to come take a visit if we could agree on a figure?

I take it everything is in good working order and nothing seized, seat post/handlebars? Tyres/tubes need replacing? Just trying to gauge overall condition/immediate usability. Not concerned with the cosmetic side, looks to be in good shape.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Trollhättan

Vikings wrote: »
    I'm on the lookout for something at the moment and this may suit. I say may because I might be slightly too tall for it at 6'2"? Though i'm sure i'll know straight away if I sit on it. I'm also a little bit restricted at the moment - a broken finger has my whole left hand in a plaster cast for another 2 weeks.

That being said if you have room to negotiate on the asking price I would be willing to come take a visit if we could agree on a figure?

I take it everything is in good working order and nothing seized, seat post/handlebars? Tyres/tubes need replacing? Just trying to gauge overall condition/immediate usability. Not concerned with the cosmetic side, looks to be in good shape.

Thanks

Hi Vikings,

The bike is in good condition and is and ready for use, as is.
    I have used it infrequently over the past while but have kept it cleaned and serviced as needed, so everything is in good working order.The seat post and handlebars are fine, as are friction shifters and brakes. There are two relatively new tubes (with no punctures). The tyres are a few years old but I would rate them at about 60-70%.

Regarding the size you may be a bit tall for it but as you said the only way know for sure is to try it out.

There may be a little wiggle room in the price.....what I'd suggest is to make me what you consider a descent offer for it and we can take it from there.....

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

I'd be interested to take a look alright to guage the size most importantly. Not wanting to insult you with a low ball offer but for me, if I was to buy this bike my budget would be closer to 100 than 200. I'll make an offer of €125, assuming of course that the size is suitable.

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Depending on fit and inspection, I could make an offer of 140 if your free to meet up in the near future.

Hi CramCycle,

140 is acceptable....I actually have the bike in City Centre (D2) today if that would suit you to inspect it.

Thanks

• Advertisement

140 would be my max, I'll also offer that if the deal with cram falls through.

Vikings wrote: »
    140 would be my max, I'll also offer that if the deal with cram falls through.

Thanks Vikings...I will let you know.

Hi CramCycle,

140 is acceptable....I actually have the bike in City Centre (D2) today if that would suit you to inspect it.

Thanks

What time are you around until?

I am around until 5-5:30. Just sent you a PM.

Thanks Vikings...I will let you know.

Hi Vikings,

Cram checked out the bike today and it just wasn't a suitable fit for him.
    Can you get in touch to arrange to view it when you get a chance?...

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Just didn't suit me but I have to say, a beautiful bike and rides like a dream, pity its just not the right fit for my gangly misshapen body.

Hi Vikings,

Cram checked out the bike today and it just wasn't a suitable fit for him.
    Can you get in touch to arrange to view it when you get a chance?...

Thanks.

Bike SOLD

and collected today by Vikings....despite him still having the plaster cast on. :-) He was a very decent buyer to deal with. Thanks.

Advertisement