Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESP v NED 20.00 hrs BBC1/RTE2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Did anyone record that goal line video for the penalty? I need to see it again. I'm not convinced it crossed the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

There you go everybody, FIFA's million pound goal line technology tells us that its a goal, just in case anybody didnt notice the ball hitting the back of the net. Of course the goal line technology has missed the core point that IT WASNT A F**KING PENALTY IN THE FIRST PLACE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Corholio wrote: »
    Clever from Costa to put his foot on the Dutch player to get the penalty.

Harsh.

He made sure he got the penalty alright, looks like the nonsense refereeing is well set now for the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Soups123 wrote: »
    In fairness very little the ref could do it looked a peno twice for me until I saw the slowmo

This. in real time I thought it was a stone wall penalty. Only on replay is the step in intent visible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

It was a silly challenge. Costa played for it but it's a clear penalty imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Showing off goal line tech when its not needed...USE IT FOR SOME SOME FCUKIN VIDEO REFFING!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Might aswell start re-watching the NFL again Football is so backwards compared to the Americans,Cricket and Rugby.

But thankfully so much more free flowing than any of those sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Costa is denied putting his foot onto the ground and getting a solid foothold due to the defender going (needlessly) off his feet.
    At worst you could say Costa takes advantage of poor defending, but it's the defenders fault for leaving a trailing leg.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Might aswell start re-watching the NFL again Football is so backwards compared to the Americans,Cricket and Rugby.

eh cricket? I hope you mean in terms of technology and not the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Great cross by Blind. Pity nobody followed in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Holland look a bit toothless here. Will be surprised if they get anything out of this.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nice one FIFA, showing off their tech to confirm that the penalty went in. Shame they couldn't use some tech to not award the penalty in the first place :rolleyes:

3 games, 3 games with ref balls-ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"We need to see a blueshirt in there"...

I say put James Reilly on the back post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Blay wrote: »
    Good use of the goal line tech there

FIFAs way of showing the world that they embrace technology.......even when it's a clear goal they need to show it to prove to us that it's a goal and they have the technology to prove it. Stupid fools

He made sure he got the penalty alright, looks like the nonsense refereeing is well set now for the tournament.

Any referee would have been conned by that. It's not nonsense refereeing. It's being sly or cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Robben's first touch is magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I think we need to bring in the 'challange' type of appeal that is seen in the NFL.

Would stop all these despicable acts of Injustice and slyness and also help root out referee mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

2 wrong penalties, 3 goals wrongly chalked off. 3 games played.

This tournament is a fuucking sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

RTE's commentary is miles off the match, I knew a penalty was awarded before silva (i think) passed it.... ffs

switched to BBC now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Like RTE's audio, Spain are always a second ahead, they know exactly what's going to happen no matter which of their players are on possession. Iniesta, Xavi, Silva in midfield, it's a joy to watch.

• Advertisement

Red card coming soon!

Ooh that's nasty. Card surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just watched that again. Costa clearly cheated. Its another bad decision. You can actually see him stick his foot towards the defender when he goes down. BBC haven't a clue

Its infuriating that Lawrenson thinks that the decision was perfectly ok.More shambolic refereeing.Costa should have got a yellow.

#brazilianpenaltycheats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Costa is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Like RTE's audio, Spain are always a second ahead, they know exactly what's going to happen no matter which of their players are on possession. Iniesta, Xavi, Silva in midfield, it's a joy to watch.

We get it, you like Spain!!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

And you're going back on ignore for the next month.

Good lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Jesus, we're three matches in and Anderson already has me pissed off with his sycophantic posting.

Panthro wrote: »
    Costa is class.

As a Chelsea fan I'm sickened he is coming to the Bridge.... Gonna be another Torres.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    2 wrong penalties, 3 goals wrongly chalked off. 3 games played.

This tournament is a fuucking sham.

Jesus talk about ott wait for the tournament to end first. Errors happen. Only sheer incompetence was last night. Decisions today are more attributable to human error. Offside calls are ridiculously hard for assistant referees to get right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

Spain looking formidable, except for the massive dud of a striker that is Costa.

obezyana wrote: »
    As a Chelsea fan I'm sickened he is coming to the Bridge.... Gonna be another Torres.
    Not at tall!
    Costa looks interested for starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I think Costa will get better as the tournament progresses. That gives Spain real penetration. I can see them winnning the tournament outright.

transylman wrote: »
    Spain looking formidable, except for the massive dud of a striker that is Costa.

Thank god some one else thinks he isn't what people are making him out to be

So far Spain have passed the ball around very well, while the Dutch have been kicked out and fouling. Easily could have 4 or 5 yellows picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

How are RTE taking so long to fix the audio? Most of their viewers must have switched over by now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Weird, not a single stream, legal or otherwise, is working for this. Match any good?

Not at tall!

He is a massively over hyped player just because of one good season.

Costa would have scored that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

That ball from Iniesta to Silva... Delish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

How did Silva miss that. Should have scored. Great pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RvP is not really at this. Needs more Kuyt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Decent save there.

obezyana wrote: »
    Thank god some one else thinks he isn't what people are making him out to be
    He's had an outstanding year for Athletico in La Liga and Europe. That's what led to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

To see the game, to see the world as Iniesta does. Unbelievable pass.

Some pass from Iniesta.

Not at tall!

He is a massively over hyped player just because of one good season.

What a ball in to silva, and costa looking for another peno.

Edit : boom Rvp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

mike65 wrote: »
    You were saying? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

RVP 1-1

• Advertisement
Advertisement