Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESP v NED 20.00 hrs BBC1/RTE2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

If you are going to score a goal like that, you need to nail the high 5, it has brought it down a notch for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Delighted with that. Spain are a deplorable bunch. Barring Alonso. Hes a babe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The only way van persie could hit that was with his head and the only way casillas could save it was being much closer to his line. Van persie did his part spot on. Casillas read it badly. Should have been getting back toward his line.

If van persie had had the sneider chance he'd have dinked it over him, he was fairly far out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Moneymaker wrote: »
    And it's there! Having heroically weathered the Spainish storm, the Dutch Destroyers get back into the game and it's sheer magnificence! With the vision of a sniper, Blind picks out RVP who RISES LIKE A SALMON and makes a mockery of the great Iker Casillas!!!!!

lol <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Moneymaker wrote: »
    And it's there! Having heroically weathered the Spainish storm, the Dutch Destroyers get back into the game and it's sheer magnificence! With the vision of a sniper, Blind picks out RVP who RISES LIKE A SALMON and makes a mockery of the great Iker Casillas!!!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

keith16 wrote: »
    And I'm getting pissed off with people replying to him with nothing of actual substance to challenge what he is saying.

This is a discussion site, and if you are unable to challenge it or agree or add to it then don't bother replying.

Personally, I think he brings great colour and language to the forum.

Incredible stuff from RVP.

Spent about 3 years trying, he just ignores you and keeps ranting.

Anyway, some header from RVP. Ramos and Casillas all over the shop. Game on now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

mike65 wrote: »
    To be fair Van Persie had been very quiet!
    True, but perhaps that'll get him more into it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Spain's defence is poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

VanPersie dives after the ball leaves his head - such a diva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Jaysus, between poorly-timed use of goal line tech, not showing replays properly, and bad sound yesterday the production values of this are all over the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Decent line up by bbc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Delighted with that. Spain are a deplorable bunch. Barring Alonso. Hes a babe
    What exactly has the likes of Xavi done to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Ramos has been woeful. There's a massive hole in that Spanish back four every time Holland counter. Pique doesn't have the pace to cover him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Excellent half all round really. Credit where it's due, great Dutch goal, though Ramos and Pique will be disappointed with the lack of communication allowing him in.

The approach from Spain is significantly different from Euro 2012, Costa's clever running, his directness and his presence has allowed Spain to move up the pitch and play a few lovely passes over the top. It's really been a string showing from the world champions, blighted late by that goal conceded. Second half it's pivotal to regain control early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Need a cigarette after that goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Thierry Henry should keep his gob firmly shut on all this diving.

The biggest cheat of them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

And I'm getting pissed off with people replying to him with nothing of actual substance to challenge what he is saying.

This is a discussion site, and if you are unable to challenge it or agree or add to it then don't bother replying.

Personally, I think he brings great colour and language to the forum.

Incredible stuff from RVP.

Who are you to tell someone not to reply?

Its a discussion and opinion forum, you seem to be getting pissed off at the very thing you champion.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Decent line up by bbc.

Ferdinand seems to have to pause for a second to think between each sentence. Just long enough to make it noticeable and weird. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Some stunning insights from Rio there, so Spain don't want the ball played behind them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Jaysus, between poorly-timed use of goal line tech, not showing replays properly, and bad sound yesterday the production values of this are all over the place

No doubt the slow/non-existent replays is a FIFA dictate to hide their incompetence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The only way van persie could hit that was with his head and the only way casillas could save it was being much closer to his line. Van persie did his part spot on. Casillas read it badly. Should have been getting back toward his line.

If van persie had had the sneider chance he'd have dinked it over him, he was fairly far out

I think he was expecting van Persie to take it down. He had to come off his line.

I only got in just after the pens was scored. Only seeing it now. That's a dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

The BBC in unanimous agreement that it was a penalty, their reasoning is flawless as well. It's twats like these that keep diving going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I only got in just after the pens was scored. Only seeing it now. That's a dive.

BBC adamant it's a clear penalty, sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Nib wrote: »

Because of one incident ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Defender was silly but NO way that was a penalty. Can't really blame ref either. Fantastic cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Corholio wrote: »
    Who are you to tell someone not to reply?

Its a discussion and opinion forum, you seem to be getting pissed off at the very thing you champion.

I never told anyone not to reply. Just the non-stop replies are so tiresome:

"LOL"

"You are going on ignore"

"Jesus"

So yeah, reply all you want if that's the level of discussion you are capable of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nib wrote: »

Get over it ta fuck

greendom wrote: »
    Because of one incident ?

I think it's time we all move on from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lol at Holland's tackles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Peter Collins was sure it wasnt a penalty as well.... about five minutes before the penalty actually happened..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Same here. As clear a dive as I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

What the heck?

Stadium looks half-empty during RVP's goal.
    Did they just want to beat the bathroom queues before half-time or is the stadium really not full?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I think he's tried to initiate a change in direction to cut back and planted his foot on the defenders leg. Pen for me

Sadlier is a decent pundit. He's like a knowledgeable, more articulate, version of Brian Kerr.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

And again half time great game and instead of analysing it fully they go into England team interviews

Same with ITV last night

Turtwig wrote: »
    Defender was silly but NO way that was a penalty. Can't really blame ref either. Fantastic cheating.

Defender did what he had to IMO. Flung himself in front of the shot he thought was coming and kept away from the attacker. Can't ask for any more than that. The attacker moving towards him and standing on him is down to the attacker. Refs really need to cop on with this crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Peter Collins was sure it wasnt a penalty as well.... about five minutes before the penalty actually happened..

Thats because Peter thought it was a stop-go penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Soups123 wrote: »
    And again half time great game and instead of analysing it fully they go into England team interviews

Same with ITV last night

If Ireland were there RTE would be doing the same. They are English channels you know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't think it was a dive myself. He put his foot down to get his balance onto a moving Dutch leg. How was he supposed to keep his balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I hate the reasoning behind giving penalties for crap like that.

'It was a rash challenge' - a rash challenge that wasn't a foul
    'He should have stayed on his feet anyway'
    'The striker deserved the penalty'

They're basically saying you should punish any defensive error by awarding a penalty. Soccer is essentially a non contact sport.

COYVB wrote: »
    I think he's tried to initiate a change in direction to cut back and planted his foot on the defenders leg. Pen for me

Sometimes that type of incidents are like that but Costa clearly plants his foot in a position thats extremely unnatural to where he would if the player wasnt there. He definitely gains contact rather than recieving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Turtwig wrote: »

Professional cheating of the highest order. Wasn't to bothered about who won this, but after that I was rooting for the Dutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I really hate those ads with all of the footballers of different nations driving the same car, or drinking the same beer, or brushing their teeth with the same toothbrush...

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Thats because Peter thought it was a stop-go penalty.

Yeah....walk through penalty for player no. 10, over to the technical area and back with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Why is there so much dislike towards the Spanish in here?
    Lots of cries of cheating, but none of it directed towards the Dutch for repeated bad fouling (a form of cheating)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I really hate those ads with all of the footballers of different nations driving the same car, or drinking the same beer, or brushing their teeth with the same toothbrush...

Jeez you'd think they could afford their own toothbrush.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Sadlier is a decent pundit. He's like a knowledgeable, more articulate, version of Brian Kerr.

He's terrible and also painfully slow at delivering his gravitas-filled thoughts.

Why is there so much dislike towards the Spanish in here?
    Lots of cries of cheating, but none of it directed towards the Dutch for repeated bad fouling (a form of cheating)?

None? Really?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

A mixture of all that is good and bad in football. Crafty play from Costa to win a peno, and a beautiful goal from RVP. Should nearly award two goals for something that special.

Advertisement