Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outing Boards Users

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Seriously, this isn't for feedback.

Report the post(s) and / or pm a Cmod if you feel the local mods aren't able to deal with it. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Thanks for the tip Steve.

I had reported the thread but as it identified an individual publicly, I assumed nobody would object to me posting here.

My mistake.

I don't know what makes you think the local mods aren't able to deal with it. Given it's a Friday night, there's every likelihood they just aren't around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

No bother :) - reporting it is indeed the best way to get it seen to.

You're around here a long time so I just speculated that maybe you thought it needed attention above the local mods and therefore posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Graham wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip Steve.

I had reported the thread but as it identified an individual publicly, I assumed nobody would object to me posting here.
    Well, by doing so you're pointing a wider audience to the thread, so it goes against the reason that you're reporting it :) I see the Mod has taken care of things now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Sorry guys, genuinely though I was doing the right thing posting it here.

Not that I expect a similar situation to come up again but what would have been the best course of action, just report a post and leave it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Graham wrote: »
    Sorry guys, genuinely though I was doing the right thing posting it here.

Not that I expect a similar situation to come up again but what would have been the best course of action, just report a post and leave it?

That or pm a forum mod, yeah. Pm a mod is a good first step any time you're in doubt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No probs dude. As Steve mentioned, report the post and it's something urgent, contact the Mod/CMod or an Admin by PM if you like.

Advertisement