Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I report and who to report to?

• 13-06-2014 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is a bit of an odd one, but I'm not sure what to do.

A neighbour a few doors down is running a dog sitting service, not registered with Revenue (although that is the least of my concerns).

What concerns me is, the dogs she sits for aren't housed very well.

She'll have several at a time, and they're left in her back garden. No toys, no beds, no kennels. They're left there 24/7, they don't go indoors at all.

They constantly cry and bark. While the noise itself doesn't bother me, I feel so, so bad hearing dogs constantly whimpering and crying. I'm actually listening to what sounds like two pups crying as I type.

So, i have concerns about how they're being treated, as the barking and crying is genuinely constant, all day, and all night.

Should I report it if I have concerns for their welfare? She was previously running a creche type service which was shut down because she had no qualifications.

If i should report it (I'd rather report it and be wrong in my assumptions, than not report it and those poor little things be uncared for), who do I report it to? I don't know the lady's name, just her address (and I have a flyer she stuck in a local shop advertising her services). Will that be a problem?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭micheleabc

If you are right you have a number of different approach to the situation. a) you could talk directly to her expressing your concern for the dogs welfare and for the noise that is affecting you personally; b) you could report her to the revenue (how do you know she is not registered?), if she has a precedent with a creche it shouldn't be too difficult to get authorities to intervene; if the dogs have no shelter at all you could report her for animal cruelty, I believe the number is 1850 21 19 90; ultimately if I were in your shoes I would approach her customers when they are bringing or collecting their dogs and I would express my concerns about their dogs. Her customers will have a stronger influence in getting her to change than you will ever have.

Advertisement