Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Marine Le Pen wrong?

• 14-06-2014 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭

What is this woman saying that is wrong?

I think she makes a lot of sense. What is wrong about seeking to protect the interests of your own country, people, culture and economy. That is basically what she is about. I think the rest of Europe could learn a lot from her. What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

It's a half hour video OP. Summarise the main points.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Karl Stein wrote: »
    It's a half hour video OP. Summarise the main points.

Without having watched the video, Marine is claiming that all of Frances problems are due to their being a colonial country, allowing too many non nationals (due to their colonies), resulting in ghettoism, and of course the EU taking away French autonomy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I am not ze racist but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I'd ask her to define France. Is France the current country we know it as? If she wants true independence for all the people in France will she support the various different states that are trying to establish themselves in Brittany, Basque and Wallonia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Op in less than 57 words debate is she wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Wallonia. LOL. Childish giggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Yes, very much so, even more than her holocaust denying father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I wouldn't mind riding the f**k out of that fascist ( such a strange counter-intuitive impulse )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

dd972 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind riding the f**k out of that fascist ( such a strange counter-intuitive impulse )

hmmm, dunno meself, but her legs aint all that bad.

Marine les pins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Stheno wrote: »
    allowing too many non nationals (due to their colonies)
    BACK THEN IT WAS CALLED CHEAP F**KING LABOUR.

Now it's called hindsight. Suck it up France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the_syco wrote: »
    BACK THEN IT WAS CALLED CHEAP F**KING LABOUR.

Now it's called hindsight. Suck it up France.

don't you just love imperialists. they invade a country, force their ideals and culture on that country and then are shocked when some of the locals want to follow them home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

FRANKIP. . .?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

I'd ride her though, wouldn't you

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

I can see this thread being a fair and balanced debate containing zero lies from the AH PC'ers :pac:

Has anyone bothered watching it and summarised what she is saying yet?

And uch....yeah, I probably would.

I've no idea about France, although they have a reputation for being racist I have met plenty of French (younger) people from all ethnic backgrounds, and they actually seem to get along better than, say, white English do with their Asian communities. Every young Frenchy to a man (and woman) utterly despised Sarkozy, I don't know as to their FN opinions but he was fairly right wing himself, so that may be a taster.

In saying that that guy Hollande seems to be a clown of the highest magnitude, so maybe they have swung away in desperation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

woodoo wrote: »
    What is this woman saying that is wrong?

Well, when you tell us what that it is, we'll get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

Does she not have the right to express her opinions ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Skeleton XIII

I lived in France for two years. I am not in the least bit surprised at Le Front National's popularity, as much as I despise their very existence. I witnessed disgusting racism from French people of North African descent towards white French people on a regular basis.*

"Change Le Couleur" was something I overheard far too frequently and always directed at white French women for having the cheek to be hanging around white men rather than non-white men.

Don't believe me? Go and see for yourself.

*obviously this was just a minority of idiots and the vast majority of French people of all backgrounds and races are generally cool with each other, but it's still a huge problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

So, France had the biggest colonial empire in Africa of the western powers and expected that to be free of consequences?

Suck it up, Vichy bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Skeleton XIII

Banjoxed wrote: »
    So, France had the biggest colonial empire in Africa of the western powers and expected that to be free of consequences?

And the consequences mean people who weren't alive yet and had absolutely nothing to do with any of it deserve to be racially abused? Nonsense.

Banjoxed wrote: »

What in the utter f'uck does French colonial adventures 200 years ago have to do with a 20 year old job seeker in Toulouse in 2014?

By your logic Dublin women are fair game for rape because some of them with centuries old roots in the city are likely part descended from Viking pillagers who raped whoever they wanted.

Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

What in the utter f'uck does French colonial adventures 200 years ago have to do with a 20 year old job seeker in Toulouse in 2014?

By your logic Dublin women are fair game for rape because some of them with centuries old roots in the city are likely part descended from Viking pillagers who raped whoever they wanted.

Classy.

Away and google.

kikidelvin wrote: »

Free speech has been getting killed off for about 14 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What did we learn in school? For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ireland needs a proper Conservative Party. Set them loose on Politics Cafe and see the 'Libtards' and the 'retarded Right' battle it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Not if they're debunked racist guff, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

She does. There's a video of her doing just that in the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I can see this thread being a fair and balanced debate containing zero lies from the AH PC'ers :pac:

Has anyone bothered watching it and summarised what she is saying yet?

It's Marine le pen. I doubt she's done a 180 and is now espousing multiculturalism.

Nodin wrote: »

Do you believe in a right to free speech (excluding incitement to hatred/violence)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Classy.

ROFL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TBH I'm more shocked that a few here seem sexually aroused by her. Nice legs? I've seen better legs on an oil rig. Jeeebus. Seriously lads, switch off the laptop, walk outside your house, look around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Wibbs wrote: »
    TBH I'm more shocked that a few here seem sexually aroused by her. Nice legs? I've seen better legs on an oil rig. Jeeebus. Seriously lads, switch off the laptop, walk outside your house, look around.

I think they're mixing her up with the RT journalist who's interviewing her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Marine Le Pen is insidious.
    She is trying to be Front National "Light" (ie only thinks the things her father actually says out loud re Holocaust denial etc).
    She is not just talking about limiting immigration from Non-EU countries but from within the EU as well!
    Her and her ilk make me sick and worried about the direction France seems to be taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'd ride the puddins out of your wan interviewing her, thats about the size of my contribution to this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Wibbs wrote: »

She has a nice set of pins in fairness Wibbs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Do you believe in a right to free speech (excluding incitement to hatred/violence)?

People have the right to free speech which has been censored, dictated and approved by certain university educated quangos......

jank wrote: »
    People have the right to free speech which has been censored, dictated and approved by certain university educated quangos......
    It's like freedom, only better. It's a stroke of luck we have people like this otherwise I wouldn't know what my opinion should be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

She has a nice set of pins in fairness Wibbs.
    for a bricklayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

you guys haven't seen marines Niece , 24 year old Marion Maréchal-Le Pen who is the youngest MP in the french parliament http://r.ldh.be/image/4a/524147e83570bed7db9d714a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

What was the just of the interview please don't speak French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

you guys haven't seen marines Niece , 24 year old Marion Maréchal-Le Pen who is the youngest MP in the french parliament http://r.ldh.be/image/4a/524147e83570bed7db9d714a.jpg
    Nobody is allowed sit anywhere near her! It's the converse of the doughnut favoured by many politicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Dian Cecht

This swing to the far right is not new. It has happened in Europe less than 100 years ago. The interesting thing is there was an economic recession then also.

When people are disenfranchised & poverty is evident & a real possibility for the masses you tend to see a swing towards far right parties as they promote nationalism & the rights of the native population & blame the immigrants for the problems. Typical human traits. Find a scapegoat & blame 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Hootanany wrote: »
    What was the just of the interview please don't speak French.

The just of the interview was whether or not it was just to agree with Marine Le Pen's views.

Sorry I ment "Jest"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Hootanany wrote: »
    Sorry I ment "Jest"

No, you meant "gist".

:p

B0jangles wrote: »
    No, you meant "gist".

:p

:P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭SeanW

Nodin wrote: »
    Examples, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

She does, no-one's trying to deny her that.
    Try to find some other way to make her seem victimised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

For benefit of those with lives to lead, the just/jest/gist of the interview is as follows:
    (a) all of France's problems are the fault of the Americans, the Europeans, the Germans and the Arabs;
    (b) any French politician who isn't part of the FN is a puppet of the Americans or the Europeans;
    (c) yes, I will run for president and if elected, I promise to keep my promises;
    (d) France should re-establish border controls, patrolled by armed police, at every crossing point - it's the only way to keep out scrounging immigrants from other European countries;
    (e) all of France's problems are the fault of immigrants;
    (f) no-one should be allowed to be French unless they're really French;
    (g) if you're not French and not working, it doesn't matter how long you have worked - we'll give you six months, max, then go home;
    (h) French people really want to work in menial jobs and if the immigrants weren't taking them all, there would be no unemployment;
    (i) the French want to preserve their way of life and don't want it contaminated by foreigners;
    (j) France's unserviceable debt is the fault of the immigrants, the Americans, the Europeans and the Germans;
    (k) Gay marriage is wrong, and the elected majority who passed it obviously doesn't represent the majority that elected them, so when I'm president, I'll change the law back again. But some of my best friends are gay, and I don't have a problem with it, as long as they stay indoors;
    (l) France should go to war against all islamic countries, because they're all Nazis.

Nothing much to argue with there. Vive la France! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

For benefit of those with lives to lead, the just/jest/gist of the interview is as follows:
    (a) all of France's problems are the fault of the Americans, the Europeans, the Germans and the Arabs;
    (b) any French politician who isn't part of the FN is a puppet of the Americans or the Europeans;
    (c) yes, I will run for president and if elected, I promise to keep my promises;
    (d) France should re-establish border controls, patrolled by armed police, at every crossing point - it's the only way to keep out scrounging immigrants from other European countries;
    (e) all of France's problems are the fault of immigrants;
    (f) no-one should be allowed to be French unless they're really French;
    (g) if you're not French and not working, it doesn't matter how long you have worked - we'll give you six months, max, then go home;
    (h) French people really want to work in menial jobs and if the immigrants weren't taking them all, there would be no unemployment;
    (i) the French want to preserve their way of life and don't want it contaminated by foreigners;
    (j) France's unserviceable debt is the fault of the immigrants, the Americans, the Europeans and the Germans;
    (k) Gay marriage is wrong, and the elected majority who passed it obviously doesn't represent the majority that elected them, so when I'm president, I'll change the law back again. But some of my best friends are gay, and I don't have a problem with it, as long as they stay indoors;
    (l) France should go to war against all islamic countries, because they're all Nazis.

Nothing much to argue with there. Vive la France! :rolleyes:
    Excellent synopsis of her views, it's spot on. The wagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Why do people keep going on about "free speech"?

It doesn't exist. And never did.

Or else they're saying that views like hers shouldn't be challenged and free speech should only go in one direction... they wouldn't be saying that now would they?