Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Disclosure

Options
  • 14-06-2014 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi all,

Well I.got the offer of a lifetime to work in UK. I have to obtain a badic disclosure and finance check. Im not worried about finance check but I have a colourful PAST. If I was in the UK these convictions would be spent. Unfortunately that does not happen in Ireland.

My question is, they sent me links to use a UK disclosure. Surely I shoukd be using an Irish one as I have never lived in the UK? Anyone went through this process before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's work in the UK, so I'd guess they're trusting the UK processes, and that UK law applies. Did they ask about convictions? Does the UK disclosure ask about them? Just do it and tell the truth.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

yes there wrote: »
    Hi all,

Well I.got the offer of a lifetime to work in UK. I have to obtain a badic disclosure and finance check. Im not worried about finance check but I have a colourful PAST. If I was in the UK these convictions would be spent. Unfortunately that does not happen in Ireland.

My question is, they sent me links to use a UK disclosure. Surely I shoukd be using an Irish one as I have never lived in the UK? Anyone went through this process before?

It really depends on the nature of the job and the employer... In certain jobs in the financial sector the requirement is a clean record for all jurisdictions you have lived in.

I would say follow the procedure you are asked to follow and see where it takes you. No doubt if they need more they will get back to you in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Jim2007 wrote: »
    It really depends on the nature of the job and the employer... In certain jobs in the financial sector the requirement is a clean record for all jurisdictions you have lived in.

I would say follow the procedure you are asked to follow and see where it takes you. No doubt if they need more they will get back to you in any case.

Good advice there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

yes there wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've just had one of these covering five years.

My check was done via a UK company, so it claimed it was going to do a criminal check, credit history check etc.

Our data protection laws here are actually much more strict than the UK, unless you are asked to complete garda vetting forms or get info from the guardai yourself they cannot get it.

In the UK they can do a CRB check for convictions which cannot be done here.

Advertisement