Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these Androids any good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

details
    • Android 4.4 Jelly Bean
    • 1.5GHz dual core processor
    • RAM 512 DDR2
    • Rear and front facing camera
    • 8GB internal memory
    • Micro SD slot supports up to 32GB
    • Comes with a keyboard case
    • Earphones, stylus, USB cable, and charger included
    Enjoy having the world at your fingertips with an Android tablet. This nifty gadget is perfect for on-the-go entertainment and features an HDMI port, 3.5mm audio port, a micro USB port, a microphone, and speaker.
    • For €47 (a €207.88 value) receive a 7-inch Android tablet
    • For €72 (a €244.79 value) receive a 9-inch Android tablet
    • Both tablets come with a pair of earphones
    • The 9-inch tablet also comes with a stylus
    • Delivery not included. Additional charge of £14.99 applies per voucher to ROI addresses only. This will be charged in pounds sterling and converted by your card or other payment provider
    Enjoy By July 14, 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

There was no way on earth the tablets even when released were ever that price. for 67 euro ( €47 & £15 delivery converted ) you would easily get a tablet with more ram. more ram would be ok to run some apps. at the end of the day if you bought this it would only annoy you to the extent that you wouldnt even use it for the internet. Thats just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bargain Alert?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

They have ****ty, old RAM. And they don't even have enough of that to ensure a smooth experience.

Avoid. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

4.4 is KitKat not Jellybean. I'd share the same concerns about the ram. Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

balfe1990 wrote: »
    They have ****ty, old RAM. And they don't even have enough of that to ensure a smooth experience.

Avoid. Seriously.

if you're after a cheap tablet i wouldnt look much further than the nexus 7

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

trev44 wrote: »
    if you're after a cheap tablet i wouldnt look much further than the nexus 7

Agreed. Or even a Galaxy tab. I'd generally always stick with a trusted name brand for electronics. Too many moving parts to pin your hopes on some random Chinese vendor who cobbles them together with whatever they have lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Thanks to all who took the time to give an honest opinion, much appreciated. I am not buying for myself, but for my mother. She's never used one at I thought this might do her as an entry level type device, but it sounds like it wouldn't even suit a toddler, lol.
    Shall avoid and am going to take a look at the recommended Nexus 7.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Thanks to all who took the time to give an honest opinion, much appreciated. I am not buying for myself, but for my mother. She's never used one at I thought this might do her as an entry level type device, but it sounds like it wouldn't even suit a toddler, lol.
    Shall avoid and am going to take a look at the recommended Nexus 7.

Cheers!

Check here for the nexus:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057230193

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

For shame it has taken this long .. .

• Advertisement
Advertisement