Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of new basic stairs

• 14-06-2014 7:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I am looking at installing stairs in the house. The attic has just been converted and the opening is there. Lookeing for basic stairs nothing fancy, straight no bends etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Hale

viztopia wrote: »
    I am looking at installing stairs in the house. The attic has just been converted and the opening is there. Lookeing for basic stairs nothing fancy, straight no bends etc.

It Will cost you 1000 to get new stairs supplies and fitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

It will depend on what wood you want to use and the design and where you get it so price around. I've gotten quotes of between €2000 and €3500 for supply and fit of red deal stairs of very simple design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

About my estimate as well which is really good considering a stira type one will cost 300 minimum professionally installed minimum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

thanks everyone for the replies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

viztopia wrote: »

Make sure the new stairs meets building regulations and that by creating the extra storey in your house, you are not creating a potential fire hazard for you or your children.

Ensure escapeable windows in the attic, ensure adequate fire detection and warning system linked to the rest of the house is installed. Ensure there is a safe means of escape from all habitable rooms now as you have created a 3 storey void through the house in which fire and smoke will spread very rapidly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

kceire wrote: »
    Make sure the new stairs meets building regulations and that by creating the extra storey in your house, you are not creating a potential fire hazard for you or your children.

Ensure escapeable windows in the attic, ensure adequate fire detection and warning system linked to the rest of the house is installed. Ensure there is a safe means of escape from all habitable rooms now as you have created a 3 storey void through the house in which fire and smoke will spread very rapidly.

+1
    Compliant Means of escape with Correct ratings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

We supply and fit attic stairs, red deal inc winders at the bottom and top inc mules and banisters 1500 inc vat so I would say for a strait staircase you would be well covered in 1000

Advertisement