Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go fishing in Ennis area ?

• 14-06-2014 8:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

hi,

I think that I`ve found my secret hobby. I just started to fishing.I am not a professional fisher /fishing, I am looking for nice and quite place.

Is there any near place for fishing in Ennis area or Clare for good fish?

Some one said go to Kilkee Rocks for mackerel and pollock.The place is so dangerous and it is a bit far if you have no car. I like mackerel but didnt like taste of black pollock.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Are you looking for sea fishing or fresh water fishing? Clare is full of lakes with some great game fish in them. Have a look here http://www.fishinginireland.info/guides/clare.htm and you'll get an idea. Just make sure that you have a license if you decide to go anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭newbie13

Clareman wrote: »
    Are you looking for sea fishing or fresh water fishing? Just make sure that you have a license if you decide to go anywhere.

I would like to try both fishing.

I thought there is a season that you can not catch some fish or fishing stops for a period of time. But I didnt know I would need a license for fishing.

Thanks for reminding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

newbie13 wrote: »
    I would like to try both fishing.

I thought there is a season that you can not catch some fish or fishing stops for a period of time. But I didnt know I would need a license for fishing.

Thanks for reminding.

You don't need a license for sea fishing. There are some regulations for certain fish such as bass.
    The problem is that you say you don't have a car so the sea fishing isn't going to be great around Ennis. Your best bet is try meet up with some anglers or maybe join a fishing club. The angling forum is also good for advice.

Advertisement