Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midges

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

A local horse trainer uses Citronella and vinegar in a water spray for the horses and it works wonders. A couple of drops of the citronella on the jackets keeps the midges away too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

This year I am using mosi guard extra(ultra?) it is completely deet free and seems to work well, still try and avoid getting in lips and in eyes but it is good, and where we are we get bloody great swarms of midges!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

+ 1 for citrinella oil
    I was talking to an old fella the other day about how bad the midgets were - he told me that in the auld days , people with heart conditions would strip to the waist and let the little critters eat them alive - apparently some chemical (anti-coagulant)in the bite, helped to thin the blood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

got some of the avon stuff,best stuff iv ever used for mozzies ,better than the 100% deet stuff that would melt the face off ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Avon skin so soft doesn't work on cork/kerry midges! Not for us anyway, we tried it six years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭kay 9

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Avon skin so soft doesn't work on cork/kerry midges! Not for us anyway, we tried it six years ago.

The kerry midge is a cute w&#6e :d Jk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I found this stuff (in the tin) will repel the midges at a Connemara lake on a summer evening.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/stupidlysimple01

All natural ingredients

Advertisement