Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coke spilled on MacBook Pro

• 14-06-2014 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Son spilled a glass of coke on my mac last night and this morning it won't book up, where is the best place in cork to try to get it repaired.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Compu b or Stream Solutions are the Apple Dealers in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Compu b or Stream Solutions are the Apple Dealers in Cork.

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mcko wrote: »
    Son spilled a glass of coke on my mac last night and this morning it won't book up, where is the best place in cork to try to get it repaired.

Thanks

Be prepared for bad news. Fizzy soft drinks are probably the worst things to go on a motherboard. Do you have it covered under your household insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

whiterebel wrote: »
    Be prepared for bad news. Fizzy sort drinks are probably the worst things to go on a motherboard. Do you have it covered under your household insurance?

Best to let the experts judge, rather than speculate here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

nightster1 wrote: »
    Best to let the experts judge, rather than speculate here

I used to work in Apple Tech support. Soft drinks and motherboards don't go well because of the corrosive element in them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I’ve seen Mac logic boards survive some pretty serious spillages. I think a lot depends on leaving the machine to dry long enough before attempting to turn it on again - I’d suggest leaving it in the hot press for at least 48 hours. But as whiterebel said, with fizzy drinks the damage may already be done.

Got it back and all is ok, thanks for all the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

if you spill something on a laptop. Don't turn it back on. It needs to be taken apart and cleaned.

Sticky things clog up fans, and heatsinks and vents. Even after they've dried.

mcko wrote: »
    Got it back and all is ok, thanks for all the replies.

Did they clean it for you?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Did they clean it for you?
    All cleaned out really lucky

• Advertisement
Advertisement