Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MobileMoney - PTSB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Apparently Ulster Bank have a problem receiving payments in this form and it takes them a day to process the funds. Other Irish banks process it within 30 minutes so beware using this for transfers to Ulster Bank accounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bob90909

This was a fantastic l capability offered by ptsb, but the discontinued it in 2016. Does anyone have any idea why?
    I would have thought this would be something all the banks should be rolling out to compete with the emerging fintech and mobile payments apps.
    Also, can anyone suggest any (fee free) alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

bob90909 wrote: »
    This was a fantastic l capability offered by ptsb, but the discontinued it in 2016. Does anyone have any idea why?
    I would have thought this would be something all the banks should be rolling out to compete with the emerging fintech and mobile payments apps.
    Also, can anyone suggest any (fee free) alternatives?

The functionality was pulled by Visa due to lack of support. Ptsb integrated it into their mobile app, AIB made a separate app for it, which wasn't well publicised and I don't think BOI or UB even bothered. This all led to fcuk all people actually using the service so Visa just cut it off. A real pity, I found it so handy.

Advertisement