Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally challenges citizenship restrictions

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    And what about the genuine people who haven't even had their case heard once and have been here for years living in squalid accommodation, unable to work, not allowed cook their own meals?

It's a ridiculous limbo and should be sorted out.

You should take in a few asylum seekers . I have tissues .

This post has been deleted.

Your passport and boarding card are checked by the airline in the EU airport before entering the flight to Ireland , impose fines on airlines.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Your passport and boarding card are checked by the airline in the EU airport before entering the flight to Ireland , impose fines on airlines.

I was just going to ask about this..

I understood that EU immigration policy was that you requested asylum in the 1st country you arrive in within the EU.

Given that virtually none of these countries have direct flights/boats to Ireland how are they in a position to be claiming asylum here rather than some other country.

I assume most would be transiting through the UK , France or Germany first as they are the ones with the big hub Airports / Ports.

Having said all that , the time taken/ delays that occur in giving people an answer on the request is ridiculous.

Surely we should be able to process the request and either welcome them in or send them packing in a reasonable time-frame..

Quin_Dub wrote: »

I understood that EU immigration policy was that you requested asylum in the 1st country you arrive in within the EU.

Given that virtually none of these countries have direct flights/boats to Ireland how are they in a position to be claiming asylum here rather than some other country.

I assume most would be transiting through the UK , France or Germany first as they are the ones with the big hub Airports / Ports.

Having said all that , the time taken/ delays that occur in giving people an answer on the request is ridiculous.

Surely we should be able to process the request and either welcome them in or send them packing in a reasonable time-frame..

This argument has been going on for years . What has happened is that vested interests politicians ,lawyers, and the left have bent this rule into an S .
    The rule of thumb is 'just because its the law does not mean it can't be overcome'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You have tissues? Is that for all the w*nk you talk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Quin_Dub wrote: »

How many times, O lord?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59465073&postcount=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

these people .....
    How can a South African claim asylum when its regarded as a safe country ?
    Does that mean if you are a white South African you can claim too ?
    A case for discrimination if not possible.
    There was an American who claimed asylum in Ireland and had a video on you tube but cannot find it ?

South Africa has some very dangerous places. Regardless of what your skin colour is.
    Hootanany wrote: »
    More do gooders

I bloody hope so. It's caring and sharing that makes the world a better place.
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    ... another economic migrant trying to get in for the welfare benefits which are almost non existent in south Africa?
    Pocoyo wrote: »
    I take offense to an obese asylum seeker taken a plane to ireland under the guise of a holiday or visiting family,When genuine asylum seekers(warzone inhabitants) dont have that luxury.

Its time to restrict asylum seekers to countries officially at war only.

On another note do these roma gypsies have free open access to ireland now? Im seeing hundreds of them everywhere yet i have yet to see one working anywhere after years of their community being in ireland you would expect to see one in employment even if it were in a mc donalds.... I genuinely have not seen one of them working!!!!! But i have held and rang the gardai on at least 20/30 of them in my former job as a retail security guard.

It got to the point where if a female gypsy enters the shop you simply following them using the camera system and more than likely you will catch them shop lifting.
    If anyone else in security is reading this they will back me up i admit this can be seen as is racial profiling but its fact and true.

Ugh. Wretched, wretched post.
    BBJBIG wrote: »
    Easy Peezy :-

Deport the Lot.

Problem solved.

;)
    Pocoyo wrote: »
    Maybe if they stopped making tv shows about them they would feck off home. :D The brits obviously love the travellers their never off the air.

Who is "they" and why are you exaggerating?
    It's not really. A major part of the delay is the bogus applicants using every appeal process in the book to delay the inevitable.

It is cheaper to keep them in direct provision, and given that the majority of them are not legitimate asylum seekers, they have the option to leave if they are not satisfied.
    It was always ironic that we had large number of African asylum seekers back when there was no direct route from their home countries to Ireland. They were here as a result of asylum tourism.

Do you have any African friends or do you steer clear of them?
    The problem as referenced earlier is that these people go to any lengths to extend the appeals process. It's their choice to continue appealing once they have been denied.

There's not enough tissues to mop up the amount of ugly sentiments expressed on threads like these. Thankfully, they are not representative of Ireland, otherwise I'd never recommend anyone to visit the place.

Direct Provision would be a better option than a township from experience.
    The only problem with SA is that its a non visa required country ?
    We were always a nation of begrudgers even to our own so why should we change for foreigners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

smurfjed wrote: »
    Then its not asylum, you are not running for your safety, but choosing the destination country. If they can afford the ticket and have the appropriate visa to travel to Ireland, then please explain why Ireland should accept them?

I know a Syrian acquaintance who worked outside her country as a flight attendant, due to the situation in her country, she decided to seek asylum in Sweden, she paid 5000 euro to agents to move her from Switzerland overland to Sweden. In the process she lost her passport so that they won't know what she was actually working in a safe country earning good money. She will spend about 2 years in a hostel in Sweden before her case is finished, then they may accept her or send her back. I'm disgusted by her behaviour, but from stories that we are hearing, this is becoming extremely common for Syrians, Iraqis etc.

AFAIK the dopey Swedish govt. has offerred any syrian who enters the country automatic asylum,the only country to do so to date (and in all probability will solely remain the only country to do so).
    Tobias billström has been urging other countries to do likewise,but not surprisingly they don't seem so keen.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Nodin wrote: »

Thanks for the referral back to a 5yr old post from a forum I don't frequent...

Useful information though, appreciated...

• Advertisement
Advertisement