Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Sale of logsplitter

• 14-06-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I need a bit of advice on which section in donedeal to put an ad for a 14 tonne Malone Log Splitter, with three point linkage, running off the tractor hydraulics. Its about 4 yearts old only light use, I had to sell my tractor so I've got no further use for it.

I was going to put it in farming, but................

I think I paid 900 for it, do you think 650 is a fair price ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

This one on done deal brand new is €650
    http://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/brand-new-log-splitter/5293
    so scour the ads there and see what the prices are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Thanks Mr P

That ad isn't there anymore, i tried 700 no replies yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Autumn might be a better time for selling that kinda thing when most people start thinking of the cold evenings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

OP-I had a look for your ad on dondeal, but could'nt find it!?
    I find that when selling stuff on donedeal, it is best to include as much info as you can....like make, model, ram speed, workhieght, safety features, etc.By doing this you cut down on wasted phonecalls from people asking for these needed details.Also you could include the new price - so they can see what they are saving (by buying secondhand rather than new).......best o'luck.

Thanks lads, here's my ad <MOD Snip>

I just did a google on "malone log splitter donedeal" theres two new ones on there for 950 and 1050

I never put a picture in, so I think I'll try again and put it the tractor section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

[MOD]

Please do not put links into posts that may contain personal details that can identify you.

[/MOD]

Hi Oldtree,

Thanks for that, I never gave it a thought.

Thanks lads, a guy phoned on Monday and said he would be over on Wednesday evening time. he came and the deal was done for 650

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

colrow wrote: »
    Thanks lads, a guy phoned on Monday and said he would be over on Wednesday evening time. he came and the deal was done for 650

Good stuff , one phone call is all it takes , nothing worse than a rake of calls and something still not sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

Congratulations on your sale O.P
    +1 for dondeal - I put ad in to sell my car yesterday and got a call after 59 minutes to a person that bought it a few hours later -what a result!
    P.S- remember to delete the ad

• Advertisement
Advertisement