Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a puppy food for weaning

• 14-06-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice. We have a litter of 6 Springer Spaniel pups who are 2 weeks old. In order to give myself enough time for online delivery, I'm looking into weaning now. I know you can get better value on puppy food by buying online, but I'm not sure what brand to go for. Also, are there any websites I should be looking at outside of amazon and maxi zoo?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Make that 5 puppies. :( The runt of the litter died on my lap a few minutes ago. She wasn't thriving so we started tube feeding her the past few days. Her appetite went completely today and she just slipped away. Heartbroken, I thought she was was rallying. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Thats sad. Poor little puppy, poor you. When we were weaning puppies, we used to make up a base of boiled rice with v.finely chopped chicken.To this base we would add a bit of scrambled egg, brown soda bread. The water from the boiled chicken was used to moisten everything. They eat so very little initially. We would then progress to adding some boiled fish to the basic mix of rice/sodabread. Then getting more adventurous as their appetites increased (carrots/potatos/peas etc).

This was back in the day before we knew wheat was a problem for most dogs and that milk was not good either - breakfast was always weetabix/milk/scrambled egg - you should see those puppies tumble over each other in the mornings :) Nothing like the smell of puppies stuffed to bursting after their dins, staggering back to bed to sleep it all off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

just something to remember that a lot of people with puppies forget is to watch their nails they can do real damage to mum as they get older

enjoy when mum decides the cleaning up duties are now yours the little feckers turn into schitting machines

Advertisement