Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New council logo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Regardless of folks opinion on how it looks or what the brief was, at some stage the client - i.e. waterford council said - "yes thats what we want, we are happy with it., job done." These things are always subjective, you could open another thread on this in another forum and get a completely different opinion on it - post a new toyota in the motoring forum, half the lads will say - "its great, well done Toyota", the other half - "fugly! what was toyota thinking?" thats just the way it is.

The price is the price - and i think when these types of companies deal with a government body, they see dollar signs cos they know it will be paid and that there is probably a budget there to be spent on this. Also some notable precedents (Irish Water, anyone??)

as for Local creation vs Dublin? Would this work have been tendered for? To be honest i don't think the thread would have been started, and the brutally honest opinions been given, had a local company created the logo - not in the Waterford thread at least - having worked closely with some local creative companies in various capacities, I know they are irked when local work goes out of town - they don't seem to mind getting work in themselves from other parts of the land however.

Anyway, My opinion of the logo? Not particularly exciting, but will probably prove to be recognisable over time - which may have been a large part of the brief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is no place for your reason on this thread! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Library's have a new one too...something similar

Advertisement