Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

five second rule?

• 14-06-2014 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

U know the rule....whats the longest u have left food on the floor before gobbling it up....????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I ate some floor bagel a minute ago, peanut butter didn't touch the ground but felt slightly ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Nedkelly24 wrote: »
    U know the rule....whats the longest u have left food on the floor before gobbling it up....????

"Clean meat never fattened the pig"

What rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Six months. My spuds.

You mean the English definition of floor, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Live food or dead food ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Once it's on the floor, it's gone. I could never eat it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Ha, just watched "Friends with Better Lives" and thought this was going to be a friend zone thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nedkelly24

For me no time limit on pizza..not sure about about jam and toast ....iccky hairs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It all depends on the rules you choose to play by. There's not just one rules, there are loads. Didn't get there in time to avail of the 5 Second Rule? Use the 10 Second Rule. Didn't make that one either? How about the 15 Second Rule? You're edging into fairly dangerous territory, however, when you strat using the Last Night Rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's the 3 second rule in our house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

In my house If it hits the ground it goes to the hound. plus you wouldnt want to eat anything off my manky floor

• Advertisement

CJC999 wrote: »
    It's the 3 second rule in our house.

In our house the dog has a one second rule , on a similar note he's ambushed and killed two starlings recently.
    No fcukin' messing in our garden with poncy bird feeders.

Ha.dropped me batter sausage on the way home from the pub last nite...pretty sure i still ate it.....am i gonna die...
    :)

Ha.dropped me batter sausage on the way home from the pub last nite...pretty sure i still ate it.....am i gonna die...

Pretty sure ?

Pretty sure ?

As sure as u can be after doing vodka shots....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

dropped a pizza, garlic bread and wedges all over the snowy road after going arse over tit back in the bad winter of 2010, scraped it all back into the boxes and went home and milled it. I was pissed drunk and starving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Eventually, yes, we all do. But you won't die from eating a battered sausage that fell on the ground, your body will have taken care of any bacteria.

I'd still eat most things that fall on the ground, within reason of course. I learned that lesson the hard way after I dropped my marmalade sandwich on the tarmac in the school yard, picked it up, wiped off the dirt and took a bite...

Tiniest chip I'd missed made shìte of a back tooth when I went to chew my food. Fcuking PAIN :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

Years ago I was working in a large hotel. I saw a chef accidentally drop a large baked ham joint onto the kitchen floor.

It landed and skidded away about 3 feet. So he cursed and penalty kicked it and it span another six yards across the floor bouncing like a snooker ball of 2 or maybe three worktop legs.

He then picked it up proceeded to carve it for serving.

4Sticks wrote: »
    Years ago I was working in a large hotel. I saw a chef accidentally drop a large baked ham joint onto the kitchen floor.

It landed and skidded away about 3 feet. So he cursed and penalty kicked it and it span another six yards across the floor bouncing like a snooker ball of 2 or maybe three worktop legs.

:-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

4Sticks wrote: »

He certainly tenderized the fcuk out of that ham!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 A pint o Guinness

Doesn't the bacteria gather instantly making the rule irrelevant? I'm a disgusting person so I still tend to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

Czarcasm wrote: »
    He certainly tenderized the fcuk out of that ham!

And me.

It was 30 years ago and the hotel no longer stands by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I've eaten worse at 3am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Ok, my food didn't fall. But I took my eyes off my burger in my hand for two seconds and my dog took a big bite out of it. She loved it. And I wanted the burger too, thats why I got it. So I ate anyway in front of the dog. That will teach her. I was drunk at the time. I love that dog.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Once it's on the floor, it's gone. I could never eat it :(

Amen to that.

Don't know how anyone could eat floor food :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Candie wrote: »
    Amen to that.

Don't know how anyone could eat floor food :(

Floor food? Try bin food!

Nyommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I couldn't give a sh*t if it fell on the floor or not, I'll still eat it.

Floor food? Try bin food!
    maguic24 wrote: »
    I couldn't give a sh*t if it fell on the floor or not, I'll still eat it.

Well at least you'll have robust immune systems. :)

Though it's still yuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Candie wrote: »
    Well at least you'll have robust immune systems. :)

Though it's still yuck

Yeah, my immune system is A1 from living in the country drinking water from streams and eating berries off the side of the road.

I've even been known to eat a buttered piece of bread that has fallen face down on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

In our house the dog has a one second rule , on a similar note he's ambushed and killed two starlings recently.
    No fcukin' messing in our garden with poncy bird feeders.
    This just had me laughing so much as it sounds just like our house lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

see, this is where the logic of not wearing your outdoor shoes in the house comes in.

no shiit, piss, puke, spit dragged in on your shoes and all over the floor so your 5 second rule can be extended significantly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

If I can pick all the dirt and hairs off it I'll eat it. The hydrochloride acid in my stomach will take care of the rest.

We don't need to be as particular with hygiene as cleaning product manufacturers would like us to believe. We're designed to live in a bacteria, virus and fungus infected environment.

Advertisement