Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home move issue

Options
  • 14-06-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I've recently moved home to a location where efibre is available. I have an eircom account and was assured the switch would be an easy process.. However there's an active line at my new address from the previous tenant. I phoned the call centre on 23rd may yo inform them of my change when this was brought to my attention. I was asked to send a copy of my tenancy agreement, which I immediately did. And I received a confirmation email back saying an application has been made to cancel the line and it should take 10 days. It's now over 4 weeks and I've still received no response despite my best efforts. I've been in contact with yourselves and the other provider a number of times only to be told by you to contact sky (other provider) and be told by sky I had to contact you. I've had to involve comreg to try sort this mess out and I still have no date on when.my service will be restored. How is it a situation like this can be allowed happen where the customer is left without a service for an indefinite period while two suppliers argue over who should settle this issue? Please help as im losing my mind now at this point, noone seems to know anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, I've recently moved home to a location where efibre is available. I have an eircom account and was assured the switch would be an easy process.. However there's an active line at my new address from the previous tenant. I phoned the call centre on 23rd may yo inform them of my change when this was brought to my attention. I was asked to send a copy of my tenancy agreement, which I immediately did. And I received a confirmation email back saying an application has been made to cancel the line and it should take 10 days. It's now over 4 weeks and I've still received no response despite my best efforts. I've been in contact with yourselves and the other provider a number of times only to be told by you to contact sky (other provider) and be told by sky I had to contact you. I've had to involve comreg to try sort this mess out and I still have no date on when.my service will be restored. How is it a situation like this can be allowed happen where the customer is left without a service for an indefinite period while two suppliers argue over who should settle this issue? Please help as im losing my mind now at this point, noone seems to know anything.
    Hi FiReStOrM xIx

If the service at your new address is with Sky there is little eircom can do in arranging the closure of the account - and contact from the owner of the account with sky will likely need to be made to ensure the cancellation of the existing account.

If you would like to PM me the address you are moving to I'll look in to this further

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FiReStOrM xIx

Hi Alan, I have sent you a pm. Thanks for replying to me, please excuse me if I have repeated myself a number of times as I cannot review the text from my.phone. Thanks.

Hi Alan, I have sent you a pm. Thanks for replying to me, please excuse me if I have repeated myself a number of times as I cannot review the text from my.phone. Thanks.
    Thanks FiReStOrM xIx

I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FiReStOrM xIx

Hi Alan,

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it, everythings sorted now and I'll have broadband in no time :)

Hi Alan,

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it, everythings sorted now and I'll have broadband in no time :)
    Hi FiReStOrM xIx

I'm delighted to hear this, thanks for taking my call :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement