Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do with ..........Big Show

• 14-06-2014 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

I know I've seen these type threads done before I think Sheamus was the last one so I hope whoever did that doesn't mind me doing a new one, I think its a great idea and a lot of people could fit it

So .....Big Show is he gone beyond all credibility with his multiple turns ? What would you do with him , Me myself i think he's a very damaged character and definitly could have one good storyline left in him...but what

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Retirement.

I don't want to see him on my TV anymore.

His best years where when Heyman was booking SD and he booked the Big Show as a monster heel.

Plenty of younger, more talented guys can fill that role now so there's no real need for him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He should never be a face IMO. Can he credibly go back to being a heel now? Probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Send him out to pasture is the only thing I'd recommend. He was done all he can do. He is like Kane, he has been beaten by so many it don't matter if he is face, heel or tweener his presence and threat are no minimal.

At a push, throw him back with Miz and give them a decent programme in the tag division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He's in a strange people because you can't job him out , Because he's just too big and imposing for everyone to be beating him week after week

And using him to put over people is hard too because his reputation is so damaged its tough to know what to do with him

Although i would like to see him fight Rusev and Cesaro though in short term feuds for the meantime as long as he doesn't go over

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Turn him from menacing heel to happy go lucky face every six months.

Why wreck the formula.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They should say he reported 3MB to Steph for taking drugs which resulted in those guys getting fired. Then have Heath Slater beat him so badly he has to retire. Would do at least a 3.2 rating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Take him out back with the shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Big Show will always have drawing power because of his size. Keep him around as a side-show act. But never again should he challenge for the top title or be involved in a central storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Always thought that he was handicapped soon after he debuted in WWF. Comes in as a significant part of a big angle and then a month later he's wrestling for a spot as a referee. Kinda baffling really as even though he wasn't that great a worker at the time - and probably not helped by his attitude - it didn't seem like they had many big plans for him.

Much like Kane, it is somewhat hard to be a believable monster once you start losing matches or are involved in silly angles.

I'm not sure he even has the credibility to put over younger wrestlers anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Part-time schedule much like RVD and Chris Jericho.

I think Big Show is a good wrestler for his size but I don't think we need to see him that much anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Part time makes the most sense to me, too. He's been ruined in the past few years and its hard to take him serious now that his crying pictures have become staple wrestling memes.

Personally, I thought the writing was on the wall when started wearing that beanie hat. He looked like someone gave up trying to put a condom on a sofa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Big Show earns one million dollars a year. WWE are looking to cut $20million from the budget, that's 1/20th of the way there. I'm sure he's nice just for the 'circus aesthetic' on the house show ("wow look at that large man") but he'd be my first on the chopping block. New Year's Baby!

14457248594_a4c2b36be7_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

if wwe got rid of big show he would turn up in tna straight away and champion within a month and then dixie would brag "we have the biggest wrestler" which would piss off vince.

vince likes to keep show, khali and henry around for press conferences so that when the ordinary public see those guys they say "wow look at the size of them". its also cool visual for wwe that their wrestlers like show dwarf nba giants like lebron james in photos.

They couldn't afford him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just put him in a tag team seems to worked well in the past with Miz and Jericho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if wwe got rid of big show he would turn up in tna straight away and champion within a month and then dixie would brag "we have the biggest wrestler" which would piss off vince.

Vince is a petty guy but he's too busy shouting at creative to re-write RAW to care what TNA do with his hand-me-downs! I would've liked to see Show with Hogan when he came back to TNA initially, I loved their pairing in the nWo, even just for a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I don't really give much thought to Show, but he needs to go for a short run with Cesaro, so we can get the Super-Swing visual. The stuff Show did with Sheamus is A+ material and Cesaro operates on a similar level; you could couple that with Show's WWECW history as a Heyman guy and boom! we've got a halfway watchable midcard shot for a B-PPV.

I'm still surprised they burned through Ryback getting Show up for Shellshocked as a transitional move in a mid-RAW nothing match, but, hey, Ryback's entire tenure in the 'E has been dotted with headscratchers. Whatever for The Shield/Punk/title business, but even the ending to Henry/Ryback made so little sense, it almost belonged Thursday nights on Spike. Aye, keep Henry strong for the Cena shot later, but what little of the match comes immediately to memory is Ryback hoisting up Henry for the post-match finisher.

I'd also go rabid in squeeing if they change the intonation of Show's entrance theme to 'Well..........it's the Big Show' in a Seinfeld-esque level of befuddlement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I think they should cut him loose. Maybe get him back as an attraction in a few years time when he'll be remembered more fondly. Can only imagine the collective groan if TNA signed him, but I doubt they could pay a fraction of what he'd want anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think they should cut him loose. Maybe get him back as an attraction in a few years time when he'll be remembered more fondly. Can only imagine the collective groan if TNA signed him, but I doubt they could pay a fraction of what he'd want anyway.

In fairness, if they did cut him loose I cant imagine him being of more use in a few years later. He will be remembered fondly, by me anyway.

I think he should be used more cleverly. I alluded to this in BWE, if you have him and hes costing you so much money, either get your moneys worth or cut him loose. There are options for WWE.

1. Give him one last run as a dominant heel. Have someone like Heyman list all of his problems and remind him of when he was managed by Heyman during his smack down days 10 years ago when he was booked correctly. Have Heyman offer to take him back into his family and go off TV for a few weeks at least and re emerge with Heyman and maybe a new look of some sort. Have him be a proper unstoppable force as the weeks pass.
    2. Use him as hired muscle for a new cocky cowardly heel. Dont use him as an in ring guy but simply as back up and a bodyguard for a new smaller wrestler.
    3. Hed be a great addition to training the big guys down in NXT.
    That being said hes had very few memorable matches since his feud with Sheamus a few years back for the WHC. I think its time to say goodbye for good. But if he has to be used, then one of the above solutions could be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Absence makes the heart grow fond and all that.. I'd either get rid of him for good or leave him out to pasture for a few years and bring him back occasionally if needs be.. I instantly fast forward anytime he's on screen. I suppose they value his experience though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Yeah I think he's done as a serious draw and, as somebody else observed above, he doesn't really work as a jobber.

Any merit in teaming him with the equally maligned Kane (who I retain more fondness for than many)? They've both done well in tag teams down the years, you might even get a short (very short ideally) feud out of them at the end of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Yeah I think he's done as a serious draw and, as somebody else observed above, he doesn't really work as a jobber.

Any merit in teaming him with the equally maligned Kane (who I retain more fondness for than many)? They've both done well in tag teams down the years, you might even get a short (very short ideally) feud out of them at the end of it all.
    The Kane-Big Show tandem has been done to death. That's not to say it won't happen again some time in the future, but it is certainly not something I would care to see.

There is a role for the likes of Kane and Big Show to make midcard talent (the likes of Rusev, Bo Dallas, Barrett) look good on the rise to uppercard talent.

Basically jobbers for the more distinguished opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

rovert wrote: »
    Turn him from menacing heel to happy go lucky face every six months.

Why wreck the formula.

The psycho ....only one thing can cure him, a 12 month journey to become WWE champion(against the odds) and then retirement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'd put him with another behemoth and put the tag belts on them. The most imposing/dominating tag team in history etc etc.

Who could possibly beat them?

Have them hold the belts till W31 and put another team over.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'd put him with another behemoth and put the tag belts on them. The most imposing/dominating tag team in history etc etc.

Been done before.

FutureGuy wrote: »

I can easily say Id hate that idea.

Problem with Big Show(and Kane) is they have been booked so badly, put in so many bad angles, turned a million times, they are damaged goods. It actually hurts who they are put in there with too. Look at db v Kane. Big show when he was feuding with Orton, HHH. Ambrose isn't being helped being stuck in there with Kane either.

Both guys should be moved backstage.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Problem with Big Show(and Kane) is they have been booked so badly, put in so many bad angles, turned a million times, they are damaged goods. It actually hurts who they are put in there with too. Look at db v Kane. Big show when he was feuding with Orton, HHH. Ambrose isn't being helped being stuck in there with Kane either.

Both guys should be moved backstage.

Couldn't Rusev benefit from a PPV feud with Big Show? They have uses, it's just Kane has been put against people that don't need him, and Big Show wins way more than he should.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Couldn't Rusev benefit from a PPV feud with Big Show? They have uses, it's just Kane has been put against people that don't need him, and Big Show wins way more than he should.

I'd much prefer to see him go after Sheamus and the US title.

Rusev v Sheamus for the US strap at Summerslam could be an awesome opener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I can easily say Id hate that idea.

It isn't like they are doing much the tag titles anyway. This would at least give them some exposure and the chance to build up a new babyface team that aren't as dull as the Uso's.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It isn't like they are doing much the tag titles anyway. This would at least give them some exposure and the chance to build up a new babyface team that aren't as dull as the Uso's.

Im not saying the Tag Team division is great, by no means, I just believe that the addition of Kane and Big Show to the ranks as a team would be do nothing but make me tune out. But im sure my thoughts on a "what to do with the ....tag team divison" thread is the for another day.

Kane and Big Show in their current form should be gone already and I fear they both are beyond help if it continues.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd much prefer to see him go after Sheamus and the US title.

Rusev v Sheamus for the US strap at Summerslam could be an awesome opener.

He can still do this. I was using it more as a hypothetical situation than 'this is what Rusev should do for Battleground' anyway.

Would Barrett benefit from taking down Kane before making his foray into the big time? I think so.

The mistake WWE made was putting Kane with guys who were already bigtime who he bogged down (Shield, Bryan, Punk)

Advertisement