Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant left behind tons of rubbish

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    OP could you post a picture so we can understand the extent of the 'damage' - although your explanation was good, we'd appreciate a visual.
    Ah the kids today have no imagination :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Babyboy09

My place was left in the condition you describe, by a nurse so it's not confined to RA tenants.

Hope got it sorted OP, it's fairly depressing facing into that kind of tidy up.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Discriminating against social welfare people is very unfair and uncalled for. My GF and I rented a house before and we more or less had to fumigate it shortly after moving in. The other person was a teacher and moved out shortly after. Turned out the LL was trying to rent the room we rented for nearly a year (hence why couples were allowed). This professional was costing the LL a lot of lost income. Also I was inside the home of a settled traveller before and it was spotless. Most of my childhood friends are middle class and there is a 50/50 split between the messy/dirty ones and the clean ones. TBH the OP must take some responsibility as should the one I mentioned in the post. Its careless not to check on your assets because if they did the damage would have been limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Even before getting into the sort of person on RS is, it's reasonable to discriminate against them purely based on how poor the system is, with random interruptions to payments and rent being paid in arrears. Go take it up with government rather than blaming landlords.

Advertisement